• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Rain's tournament has begun: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv87772508?ref=ser

I bet you are happy to read that.
It was definitely cool, but like Jimmy so poignantly stated, I am not yet fully satisfied. :ganondorf:

Though, realistically, this is probably the best I'll be able to get, since actually playing Dio is not a feasible reality and he never uses Ganon in tournament, so we can't compare results.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Cant find any way to get a stream even though I'm registered...

Is it over? Or am I just not possible to find it? XD

I dont know a single japanese word at all ^^

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Good stuff to Yui for making it to Top 3 with Fox. Kinda makes me wanna pick him up again.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
I am not sure, but, during the stream, I was told Otori and Kakera took 4th and 5th respectively. I was told Rain got 5th as well, but I thought he was knocked out pretty early by Brood.

EDIT: Otori did get 4th. He was in Loser's Semi Finals with Brood.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pretty sure Rain / Kakera took 5th.

Fun fact: Ever since Nietono claimed that "Olimar can't beat MK" Rain and Otori lost all their sets to either Brood's or Nietono's Olimar :awesome:

:059:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lol, it kinda bothers me when top players make wild claims like that. Like ADHD saying Diddy can't beat Metaknight. He just can't beat the top 3 MKs in America but he beats every other one.

Also who beat Otori in losers? Also who beat Kakera?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Interesting results, though not too surprised that Yui took 3rd since the tourney was stacked with MKs which is his best MU. Glad to see he used Fox against Olimar again after he tried MK vs Brood in their last set.
edit: actually if he played in WFs then that means he actually didn't fight any MKs, though still interesting he got a win on Brood in winners semis.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He used to beat Brood all the time and was one of the few people to take sets off Nietono when he reached his prime. I'm pretty sure he knows what to do vs Olimar ... I mean, game 1 in WSF he did like 2 stock Brood. Pretty sure he's playing it better than any other Fox.

LSF, WF, LF and GF are all up on numaburamovie alongside B-Class GF #1 & #2 and the doubles grand finals.

Cassio

Smash Master
I cant really judge the foxy stuff, I just didnt like his purple pikmin management. But then again I only saw Winners Finals. He was great at picking times to approach compared to most people I see fighting olimar though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Charisma is 3vs3 only, isn't it? I love those events ... other regions should start doing them!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's the same series -.-

And yeah, you can call Karisuma "Charisma", just as you can call Ruminasu "Luminous", Aasu "Earth" and Pikumin & Orima "Olimar".

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Stuff from the videos:

- Daiki lost W3 vs Yui, which means he got into the AB branch of losers bracket. He also beats Mikeneko L5, which means 1.) Mikeneko got 9th and 2.) MN must've lost to Luminous' ROB in W1 making his way through losers bracket.

- Kakera beat Shu at the AA branch of losers bracket and then beat daiki so Shu got 9th and daiki 7th, whereas Kakera lost to next round to Otori and got 5th.

Edit @ Cyve: He presses down on the control stick as he passes the ledge.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Holding down on the control stick prevents you from grabbing the ledge with any recovery move or simply if you just want to pass by it to do under-stage shenanigans, Kakera was probably using a button to jump while holding the control stick down :I

I'm wondering how Otori (I think it was him) passed through the ledge on BF in another video without grabbing while he was gliding, and I know the control stick being held down isn't how he did it because that would have caused him to glide down immediately after and he didn't I:

/goes to search for vid :pichu:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Guys just practice it. I can do it too. You push down but the timing is strict. If you do it too late he will grab the ledge. Too early and he will glide back down under the stage. That is unless he found an easier way to do it.

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Holding down on the control stick prevents you from grabbing the ledge with any recovery move or simply if you just want to pass by it to do under-stage shenanigans, Kakera was probably using a button to jump while holding the control stick down :I

I'm wondering how Otori (I think it was him) passed through the ledge on BF in another video without grabbing while he was gliding, and I know the control stick being held down isn't how he did it because that would have caused him to glide down immediately after and he didn't I:

/goes to search for vid :pichu:
If you hold soft down it won't really affect the direction, but it will still register the downward input. Soft down allows you to perform Dtilt on-stage without crouching.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Can someone post the replays of the last SumabatoX?
Or at least the replays of Masashi/Earth pls

Thanks in advance

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Lolz

Japan has the best internet service of the world :awesome:

Top Bottom