• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I got a big maff test this week I gotta focus on but I'll practice it next chance I get then try it on you next week. For the time being I don't have a good feel for when throws (and grab release) other than the dthrow end so until I play around with it chainthrowing isn't an option.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
chaining meta is really easy, just grab, dash then repeat

*edit...Im planning on potentially going to genesis....i need peeps to go with me and help pay for hotel, it just looks too good to miss. i really really wanna go.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Tell you what, next 'Field tourny, I'll try to get down there again ad we can crew battles again. I think we can do it this time (Capem is getting a lot better though. Still, I think as long as we don't let him take 9 stocks, we should be fine :laugh: ).

Yeah, I think I'm finally starting to get mindgames and reading down better, but I still have trouble with consistency and actually winning matches.

Also, Genesis = expensive... Sorry...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idc about expensive im saving up its in july thats three months no $$ johns plz XD scribbz needs peeps to help secure hotel spot

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And I need money and a job to secure an appartment with my GF. As awesome as Genesis would be (and after this weekend, I'd want to go more than ever), that takes precedence.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Uhh I wanna get confident with my new(est) main before we do crews again. This new main shall not be mentioned in the thread so the 'field will be totally and utterly surprised and then demolished. It may take me a bit but I think this new character really fits my style better than any of the previous ones. I figure Scribzz and Fizz can help me get this character up to par pretty quick <3

And yeah, there's no way I'ma be able to afford Genesis either \:

Paradigm

Smash Ace
It's because I don't really enjoy playing Brawl. I try a new character that doesn't have such-and-such problems that a previous main did but eventually realize that it's still Brawl and I still can't move and sadface.

Never happened to me in any other game... usually because once I realize I don't like it I just move on.

Here's to hoping this new character frees me from the previous problems. Still no dashdancing but the new character's got some moves. Unlike with ZSS I feel like I can approach, and unlike with ROB I don't feel helpless and slow off the edge, and unlike with Samus the new character doesn't spend the whole game being a ***** running away throwing things.

Honestly I dont think I mained anyone in Brawl yet, just a bunch of failed trials.

But not all hope is lost for Brawl for me, not yet. Maybe with the new character.... maybe

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
NOOOO scribz needs to go rawr *sadface*
well lets hope you dont give up on your new character para. weve already lost enough dayton smashers :( i was stuck with sinclair noobs this afternoon and it was terrible. one should NEVER get that many IC grabs

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
XD lol im not sure when i'll see you again to part with it anyway, i dont have a way to cinci. Im sure i may be able to negotiate something for it. I thought I may have seen your name in the reg for genesis are you going clowsui?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
no its not mah white one its kyle's *** mote. but its really mine and id want much less than that for it [10$ maybe?] (i let him use it at the tournament)

and wow i got my white one fora lot less than that plus free shipping.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
D'awww....

Seriously though, that sucks. Ironically, I am in the same situation... the guy I was suposed to Brawl with is busy, so I'm bored until my GF gets back and until I go smash with the Akron Crew tonight...

On another note, what did you guys see on Saturday (besides my glaring consistency issues) that I need to work on?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
needs moar grabs, x1 jab ->grab d-air -> grab (since they expect f-smash or f-tilt) run up shield, wait for spotdodge -> grab (anther got me too much with this) may be some other stuff but i dont remember well
.....at least you get to go to akron crew to play X[

Im stuck with WoW.....but i really wanna smash much more

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
*whines like child* but i wanna play now.........
idk i really shoulda tested out of this class im not learning anything new this is so lame lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
needs moar grabs, x1 jab ->grab d-air -> grab (since they expect f-smash or f-tilt) run up shield, wait for spotdodge -> grab (anther got me too much with this) may be some other stuff but i dont remember well
.....at least you get to go to akron crew to play X[

Im stuck with WoW.....but i really wanna smash much more
All right, sounds good. Not sure why I stopped doing Dair>grab actually... I used to love it since Dair>Dthrow just looks plain cruel.

As for the waiting for the spotdodge, I started doing that with grounded hammer instead that da, and I need to work on implementing that more.

Thanks for the advice, and hey, I only get to play once a week, occasionally... :ohwell:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha no kidding. That was fun.

Also, I need more moneys for tournaments... You should pretend I died and set up some sort of fundraiser for me, then split the money so we can both go to Genesis!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
plz? Only thing im worried about is where im gonna stay for the three days im there, to me its gonna be like a vacation. I will have to share a room with someone(s) to cut down cost of a room. The entry fee is 50$ for three days which isnt that bad considering there is already 600 people registered and there is still three months till the event. Another issue is how to get there but trains arent very expensive at all i dont really care if it takes a day or two to get there if someone i know is with me. It is jusr gonna be so hype im gonna be really really sad if i cant go

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, this weekend cost me about $60 for just two days, and I still have no job, so I can't spend that sort of cash freely. Maybe if I manage to get a job by then, and even then I'm not sure...

It's not that I don't want to go, but yeah, food/hotel/entry fee/MMs/transportation is all going to cost money.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Awesome, Happy Bday in advance then! You should have told me, I would have thrown a MM on Saturday (because we both know you can't beat me lol XD ).

Also, I have to announce that I have made the most important acquisition one can ever hope to make:
Hooters makes energy drinks, which are sponsored by NASCAR trucks (no, not NASCAR, NASCAR trucks.), and I have acquired one for a meager 60 cents.
It will sit next to my GF's Tupac energy drink from now on.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Wait a minute. Does anyone know who his new main is? If not, I challenge you to a guess-off. We each pick 2 characters and PM our guesses to each other (so digm doesn't see them:p); winner takes all....of something. Anyone up for it?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Scribzzz already knows, and if you don't know for sure I'd be surprised if it isn't your first guess -.-

Lets just say last time you saw me use the character you weren't impressed, lol. I got work ahead of me to get the character good, but hopefully I'll enjoy it this time. This character feels most natural to me, shouldn't be too terribly difficult to catch up to my ZSS/ROB/Samus level.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ha! That would have been one of my 2 guesses. I figured as much anyway :p; it was only a matter of time before you attempted this. Dayton really needs a ???? player right now for the sake of practice.
btw I'm gonna start playing a little Ness again and see where things go. I don't think I'll use him in any tournies, but he's a really cool character. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN64mCBFKLY

Last, should I stick with this "fight fire with fire" strategy for mk or just go with snake? I know Lucario is always an option, but I don't feel very comfortable with that matchup at the moment.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No one cares about the Hooters energy drink?

Also, Fizz, I bet you can't guess my new potential second!

Ethan, you should know who it is due to what I said Fri/Sat, and so, do you think I have a chance of making that char decent? (It was actually doing better yesterday than on Fri too.)

Count

Smash Champion
Are these weeklies actually tournies? One of my friends from school live near Dayton so I may be here at some point! You guys should have something big sometime.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
TNhey are't tournies yet, but you never know, one might op up sometime...

Para, I'm a closet mudkip main.

OH ****! I was told a tourny started at 7 and registration actually starts in an hour or so!
Gotta run.

Top Bottom