• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
depending on what time theblueblade wants to come get me i may not be able to go/stay all day, he is wanting to leave on friday since he is so far away. so we'll se how it goes, im still gonna be down wed for no one to show up :(

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
From my experience it's always much, much better to sleep in your own bed the night before a tourney. The last tourney I slept there the night before and I got dead last place, and you guys know I'm better then that.

Still, if you've got no other ride then you've got no other ride.

wakka444

Smash Ace
ohhh digm once you stop fooling yourself about how good you are youll be placing much better xD
dont forget tho Icy Hot 2!!! we gottta wreck twos this time around!!!

Paradigm

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what you mean... I'm overconfident? But yeah I IH2 should clean house. But, uh, if I'm to confident then maybe I'm wrong and it won't! O: Naw IH has a history of ownage, it should carry over. I'ma sleep in my own comfy bed and I've got a new controller, AND played enough with the new controller to break it in and feel comfortable with it. Combine with the recent Brawlage I don't feel out of practice at all but right on my game. Also I stole one of my brother's baloons that he has for some reason. So I'm totally prepped to bring IH2 to a placing. So, uhh, make sure you sleep well and we'll have it :D

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Im gonna get lotsa spaghetti (brawl) in friday night, and i dont like my bed i typically sleep much better seriously at other peoples houses than at mine, i hate my house lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey Scribble, where are you staying Friday? My ride's going on Friday as well, so maybe we'll get time to get some practice in (I just need to play with people before the tourny, and some team practice couldn't hurt as well if we're teaming.).

Para, make sure you break that controller! How can you win if it doesn't do super awesome combos you never intended on doing? :laugh:
Also, I wanted to get you some 'digm food, but turns out we can't bring food to the venue... *sigh*

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
ME! I'm going!!!
If 11:00 is the soonest anyone's free, 11 is when I'll come, but be ready for the wolf.
btw is there anyway to practice Ivysaur vs Snake around here:upsidedown:?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea i still dont know what time im heading to nopes, i should know by tomorrow

edit: ill be there untill around 5:00 pm, theblueblade wants to pick me up about 6-7

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So Scribble, are we doing team dreamland/supergay (Come on, Kirby gays + MK warrant such a name :laugh: ) on Sat?

God I am going to lose so much money... We have to place in doubles so I don't become completely broke >.<

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea i'll be up there tomorrow and i will want to play + at some point as i may have a few mm or two in it and i need to get my fox in shape, also i'll be there at 12 at the latest (hopefully) i WILL be there tomorrow so dont leave =p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
One of the first few times I played Smash with Ethan, we weren't allowed to use the TV in there because a pre-Hanukah Party... In early November...

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Err, that's really early. The earliest Hanuka's been in the last few years is December 4th (2007) - still no reason for early November.

Well, no, this time it was just because of paint. You see, eventually they plan on painting there and so we can't play because what if we stay until much later when they are painting? It couldn't possibly be that we'd have already left long before they started painting. Or something.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
I convinced my bro to get some games in with me... while I'm still no where near as practiced as I wanted to be with my new character at least I got some feeling for it. Enough for me to pull it out at the tourney should certain characters come up.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Thats funny cause I feel well practiced with my new character, Metaknight! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(joke I probably won't go meta.....much tomorrow)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG i got soooooo much to practice with meta im gonna get a **** ton better at gimping and killing when i can get these new tricksies down. **** i can already see the improvement

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Well you'd better show off these new skillz tomorrow. I need practice against people much better then me quite badly.

Also, you think we could put ALL legal stages on random (including/especially counter-pick stages)? I know a lot of them can be pretty weak but from my Melee tourney experience knowing the opponent's ace-up-the-sleeve stage is a huge help (can't ban everything), as is having an ace-up-the-sleeve stage your opponent won't know.

I felt pretty silly counterpicking on 'usual' stages like PS1 and BF yesterday. I *should* have been going to places like norfair and rainbow... if I knew them.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'll probably be showing up quite a bit this week because it's Spring Break for me and guess where I'm going, nowhere ) :
I need to practice mk dittos (yes I still plan on making this a viable strategy), maybe a bit of wolf, and I need to change up my Lucarios style a bit, maybe throw in a few more f-tilts against scribbs :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG i got soooooo much to practice with meta im gonna get a **** ton better at gimping and killing when i can get these new tricksies down. **** i can already see the improvement
Me too. I actually really want to play you again now, both because my mindgames got a **** ton better (if I can stay in that mindframe I had against Ally, I'll be good. I was so focused on being unpredictable and mindgaming/reading that set... I mean come on, I somehow managed to mindgame him into a ****ing GROUNDED HAMMER! Of course, now he'll probably take the time to learn the Kirby matchup after that and the match with YbM.) Seriously though, that grounded hammer mindgame is looking better and better, as are a few things I picked up from the other Kirbies.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Scribs 'n I should be there. Oh, Fred will be there - don't think you've met him? Mains G&W, not much worse than I am. Haven't seen Kyle in a while, don't know what's up with him. Some other people who's names I should know but don't will likely be there, like a link main. No David ):

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
the same sched as usual, 11-5. expect sd's as im learning things that can lead to them if done incorrectly, but if done right can kill at like 40. I also caught the livestream of whobo where m2k got 3-0ed by dojo ( i think he was sandbagging) then 3-0ed dojo in grand finals. I learned alot more about dittos that I already learned yesterday. Im gonna be prepared. so bring it dayton, i dont think we suck anymore.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i know but we all need to be able to play really, well, I'm sure i can take anyone in their crew but id say watch out for capem, he knows the ditto better than me and his mk isnt to be taken lightly. We need to get david down when we do, his kirby is getting 1337. He got as close to beating ally as anther did. <3 kirbz

Top Bottom