• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Hopeless

gantrain05

Smash Master
Well I know if I saw Dojo vs Tin Man I sure as hell wouldn't bet on you. It has nothing to do with the matchup.
ouch, harsh mr. wrestler lol. when r u comin back to jokers so i can have a rematch with those IC's also i've been thinkin bout pickin up ROB, but not after all this talk, i'll do better with peach lol.

Sudai

Stuff here
Gantrain, MK DOES gimp us like he does every other character. We don't say MK is our worst match-up because he's the best character in the game. It's just a coincidence (I mean, the reasons he's both are the same, essentially, but you know what I mean). But since you seem to know so much about ROB, feel free to point out a worse match-up and give a detailed explanation as to why it's a worse match-up. :]

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol i never said i knew so much about ROB, i simply thought that because of robs recovery options that he wouldn't get gimped so easily, i just wanted to hear reasons why MK is his worst matchup because im thinking about picking up ROB as a secondary, but i only ever hear complaining lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i simply thought that because of robs recovery options that he wouldn't get gimped so easily
ROB runs out of gas, can be hit out of any of his aerials from MK's aerials, has a small period of immobility when starting upB, when he gets on the ledge hes just a big slow target, etc.

whenever u see a rob rising uair on a mk off stage, it worked due to error on the mk. they can hit rob out of it, but likely dont kno the timing.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Gantrain, MK DOES gimp us like he does every other character. We don't say MK is our worst match-up because he's the best character in the game. It's just a coincidence (I mean, the reasons he's both are the same, essentially, but you know what I mean). But since you seem to know so much about ROB, feel free to point out a worse match-up and give a detailed explanation as to why it's a worse match-up. :]
Zero Suit Samus. She ***** us.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Holynightmare says im the hardest mk he fought vs mk at apex. we played like 30 friendlies and i wont most of them.

i wasnt thinking and went to fd against ninjalink lol. it doesnt matter i destroyed him next game. plus new mk stuff came out since then. he wouldnt win with that character again unless rob has new good stuff as well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
just from an MK's perspective, I don't consider ROB to be a difficult character to edge guard at all for MK, his ability to stall in the air isn't helpful like it is against other characters, a lot of characters with more average recovery are more difficult for me to kill/rack up a ton of damage from being knocked off the edge

I lol'd when I read "its not like he's gonna gimp u like he does most char"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Even then, ZSS still ***** ROB. And plus, the infinite isn't banned.
i wouldnt quite go that far lol

its very very similar to the GaW matchup imo. not in how you play it, but it's a very tough matchup when you're new to the matchup and before you know A LOT about ROB.

After a lot of playing though and since I've gotten better, I've found the ZSS and GaW matchups much easier than they used to be.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
NL may or may not be the best ROB, the ranking thread is a cesspool of garbage anyway, and Chibo is bad. Why does ksizzle like iCarly so much?

I don't know anything about the ZSS match-up since nobody plays her 'round these here parts.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Well, here we are- it's officially been one year since the /hope meme was born. Some of you newer ROBs might not have been around when this began, but we've certainly come a long way since then. Some of us have gotten much better against MKs, some of us have switched to MK, and some of us have dropped Brawl altogether. I enjoyed reading through this again, seeing older names here =)

One year later- is it still hopeless? Thoughts?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
MK's attacks have so little startup lag, so little ending lag, and have transcendent priority during his attacks. Seriously when am I supposed to attack this guy?

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
when he leasts expects it, only you have to attack irl, not in game, to distract the MK main

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I personally use controller planking. I unplug the controller, grab the jack and lay under my chair while still attacking the mk.

I can't believe Sudai hasn't stepped in yet. I mean, I don't want to be a negative nancy or anything, but couldn't you have just brought this up in the social along with a link instead of bumping a year old thread?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Charge more Dsmashes....

I just recommend playing character like ROB that have a good MU vs metaknight (60/40 is good there is no 50/50)

and hell yeh its 70/30 or even 80/20 it seems lol

solecalibur

Smash Master
There is nothing wrong with duel mains as you might be surprised which character you also might like but I do know the feeling of thinking you "have" to switch

Top Bottom