• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Hopeless

Teh Future

Smash Master
Except for that time when you said you were better than OS... You're an idiot, none of your claims have any basis at all. Overswarm is obviously good at the game, anyone that says otherwise is just stupid. Also what good players come out of LA? not you.

I like how chibo comes on here and is like "yeah Im sooooo good I beat a MK today even though the matchup is 99-01 in MKs favor..."

ROB boards are so terrible its not even funny anymore

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well of course.. because.... (everyone say it with me...)
ITS HOPELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:080:

did u play jg in bracket? mm? friendlies? so he went all mk? uhg. yea i heard he switched to mk. its sad that he beat you :/
your ROB is so much better than his imo, esp considering how oddly good you are at the ditto

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
*Echo*HOPELESS....OPELESS..opeless......less...less..less...no hope.

I didn't play jg in brackets/friendlies at all (had to leave early). He teamed with Doom for a random teams $1 MM which came down to ROB dittos one game (I<3 ROB dittos) and my partner and I vs Doom (which we also won). I was fine against Doom in teams, doing fancy things like "outprioritizing tornado" and using advanced techniques such as "hitting with projectiles" but doom was the one who played me in brackets with MK

Chibo, PA ROBs need to grow fancy hair/facial hair like all the other ROBs.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was fine against Doom in teams, doing fancy things like "outprioritizing tornado" and using advanced techniques such as "hitting with projectiles" but doom was the one who played me in brackets with MK
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i think thats the funniest thing iv heard today. too true.

Chibo, PA ROBs need to grow fancy hair/facial hair like all the other ROBs.
whataya mean? explain?
im amazing. people need to be more like me
loljk

Sudai

Stuff here
Except for that time when you said you were better than OS... You're an idiot, none of your claims have any basis at all. Overswarm is obviously good at the game, anyone that says otherwise is just stupid. Also what good players come out of LA? not you.
Hmm. No, I never said I was better than OS, simply that I don't think he's that good. "Obviously good." No. As said before, being good in the MidWest means you have a 95% chance of being an average player overall.

As for good players in my region, Lee Martin is the only player to come out of Louisiana that's worth a **** (yes, I'm saying I'm not good at this game. Woo.), but does that really matter? No. I'm the proof that you don't have to be good at the game to help progress the metagame and to answer people's questions. All it requires is being intelligent and knowing the game. Both qualities that I posses. I'm not saying OS isn't intelligent and doesn't know the game, I'm just saying he hasn't done much to help the ROB metagame at all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's because OS isn't exactly a top ROB. He got that tourney forever ago and won money in the midwest, but that doesn't really show anything considering how long ago that was and how small of an accomplishment both really are.
Yeah, I'm about 100x better than you ever were. Get at me.

The only ROB I'd consider to even compete with me is Holy, and from what I've seen we're both just really good at different matchups so I wouldn't ever know until I saw him in person. HugS is another one I could consider, but everyone coming back from WC has just told me they "weren't impressed" in comparison... but I know HugS is good and they're probably just more afraid of my style than my ROB, so again, I couldn't tell until I saw him in person.

Other than that though, my secondary ROB is better than most player's mains.

Considering half the top of the midwest travels and places well in tournament, I think the midwest is A-OK. Hell, Y.b.M. got 17th at Apex and he lives an hour away.

Also, from the day I left ROBs metagame has been completely stagnant. The only people to "change" the metagame have been (surprise, surprise), HugS and HolyNightmare. Both of which who know ROB sucks as a character and you can't "play by the book" all the time. You have to create false openings, take risky situations, create patterns for your opponents to follow, etc., etc.

Every other ROB just does exactly what they're always done and has really consistent results because of it... consistently lower than other characters would have done. HugS has worked hard to become nigh impossible to punish and knows a few matchups better than I ever have, Holy is as creative as I am with a much more agression, and I'm two-stocking Anther's pikachu with side-b to bair against the stage edgeguard combos. On the flip side, you guys are spacing nairs and crossing your fingers.... or quitting Brawl and talking about how much better the players who "stuck it out" are in comparison to the old ROBs that are still consistently winning money.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
OS, you took an active role in the ROB boards in the first 6 months of the game. Then the whole MK-is-broken phase came along and, LOOONNNNGGGG story short, you all but dropped ROB. Every once in awhile you come back and say things like "Looks like you guys need a hero" or "I know something cool about buffering that nobody else knows about" but you don't DO anything with it. I'm pretty sure I saw you post something about having one more midwest season's worth of time before you had to go somewhere else (Korea? I think it was you) and how you were going to go all ROB.

The fact is, you don't go all ROB. Every time you come back here and say "I won a tourney with ROB," we're happy to see your ROB but you don't share any of these "metagame-advancing" trixies with anyone else. It's hard to side with you or compare with you when you play so little ROB and you all but drop him in favor of...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244416
...(It's Hopeless)

Comparing people between different regions is already tough, but to do it while considering people who don't main ROB makes it even tougher. Of course, this would all change if we all went to the same tournaments once in a while, but until then, you can't blame people for not having faith in your ROB.

Sorry to call you out, but what can I say? It's Hopeless.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244416
Same link twice in one thread? Double the hopelessness =\

On the flip side, you guys are spacing nairs and crossing your fingers.... or quitting Brawl
This I agree with. Calling out all the ROB players who have nothing outside of the social thread... step it up

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The Korea thing appeared to have fallen through, and the MK ban vote is straight down the middle so I couldn't ban him from my circuit without approval. With that happening, I'm all about winning money. I went ROB one tournament because there was only one MK on the other side of the bracket, and I won.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
*noms popcorn*

Edit:

HugS said Holynightmare is a nub

Zom~B said Stingers is fat

Deadw8 said Waffles doesn't know anything ever

*eats more popcorn*

DANCE PUPPETS... DANCE!!

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
*noms popcorn*

Edit:

HugS said Holynightmare is a nub

Zom~B said Stingers is fat

*eats more popcorn*

DANCE PUPPETS... DANCE!!
wut

maybe I said he sucks ;) but it's a known fact all rob mains are sexy

Deadweight

Smash Ace
I does know how to solve rubix cubes
;o

Edit:
I beat a Mk in tourney saturday.
Its not as hopeless as i first imagined it to be as long as the mk has very little rob experience

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Rubik's cubes are easily solvable after watching two ten minute videos on youtube.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
He's not a ROB main and therefore he's not considered even if he's the best ROB.

...Or at least, that's the mindset everyone has in the ranking thread.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I had to face ksizzle, an amazing MK from NJ, but unlike most, knows the ROB matchup better than any other MK. He gets to play with a crewmate practically everyday that mains ROB. I have to face him in tourney, and first match right away I already tell that I'm screwed. He knew how to punish everything ROB can do. He knew all of the moves I was going to do, all my options, and how to beat it at MK. I was completely hopeless. I got 3 stocked all in probably like a minute and a half. I have the video on my laptop, i'll try to have it tomorrow.
well according to you ksizzle "knows the matchu better than any other mk" and he still lost to NL's ROB. oolollololollollolo

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
NL won on last hit first match, almost got 2 stocked match 2, then went diddy match 3 iirc

however the match i got ***** by ksizzle was on bf, and thats where NL got eaten by ksizzle, so perhaps the stage has something to do with it. im gonna avoid that next time. im going to a big tourney next weekend, hopefully ksizzle will b there, if so il mm him. though they played on fd first match... why would ksizzle agree to that and not bad it?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
He's not a ROB main and therefore he's not considered even if he's the best ROB.

...Or at least, that's the mindset everyone has in the ranking thread.
well they're all sucking each others ***** in that thread XD
It was Chibo's idea <_<

I want NL and OS ranked :( But I don't think we're gonna get a list made anyway...so it doesn't matter =/

gantrain05

Smash Master
how did this thread go from, its hopeless to fight metaknight, to we need a ROB rankings thread? lol u crazy robots.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so wait, do u robs really think MK is your worst matchup? i can't believe it, MK is annoying but i mean its not like he's gonna gimp u like he does most chars, you have some decent arials, Fair and Uair are quick and have some reach. and robs ground game is one of the best. i would think he would have a few harder matchups, like diddy.

Top Bottom