• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Luigi. Been that way since Smash 64. I just adapt to how Ninty changes him each game.

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
wow, looks like an almost even 35-way split o_0
Anyway, I went with ZSS since she's got so much combo potential (a fact often underappreciated by most of my friends).

Next comes Marth for similar reasons, followed by Jigglypuff. I suck with JP, but the moveset is fun, and I love using the final smash glitch on the Bridge.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Crap, there's no 36th choice Now if you were to put Random up there, then I wouldn't mind to vote at all.

dk64

Smash Cadet
marth and ike even tho ive never played a fire emblem game in my life.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
you know, i have no idea anymore. ever since i went to Rofas Midwest Circuit Aug. 16, its like, im going through a brawl crysis. i dont know who to play anymore, cant decide on a main either

Shök

Smash Champion
2 months later, he's still on top

wow

if only tier lists were based on popularity...(joking)

@ mr. rogu:

give random a try

Genoisdabest

Smash Cadet
I had started out as Link who i had mained in Melee, but they changed Link so much in brawl it just annoyed me, so I ended up using Gannon, I am allot more comfortable with his play style, and I had made it to the finals in a few tournaments.

Mega Man X 2001

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mega_Man_X_2001
3DS FC
2582-8811-1719
My 10 fav`s

Here is a list of my fav. characters, ranging from most used (top) to least used (bottom):

1. Lucario

2. Mario

3. Sonic

4. Link

5. Pokémon Trainer

6. Fox

7. Meta Knight

8. Pit

9. Wolf

10. Kirby

Well, what do you think, oh, and my main are Lucario, Mario, and Sonic.

SuperJudas

Smash Cadet
I like kirby for his high maneuverability, I originally liked Luigi for his aerial moveset but got tired of only 2 jumps.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I'm acutally very surprised that Marth had the highest vote, since it seemed like alot of people went for the new characters. Maybe because they fastened the sword dance? or range? either way it these votes make an interesting result.

Xima

Smash Rookie
I main zelda, carried over from melee. But i also like to use ZSS and Olimar.

the.dangerous.summer

Smash Rookie
I'm new to brawl, I used falco in melee, but i feel like he got a lot worse when he moved to brawl.
Although a lot of people would say he didn't get worse, he just changed a lot. In brawl I'm basically trying to find a character that suits me, Lucardio is looking good, his smash's are sort of slow though, pokemon trainer is also really versatile, and Sonic is really fun to play as, but he just can't finish in medium to large levels.
I'm not sure, i've been looking through threads to see what characters most pre-melee-falco users use in brawl.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
Toon link is my main.
Always and forever he will stay my main.

The first time I played him, he and I just clicked like glue.
Of course, I wasn't very good at him first, till I started playing him again, and again, and over time, I progressed quickly.
Still, I'm learning how to play him with better skill.

Oh and.
He's just so adorable.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I mained Random for a good month after getting the game, I refused to "pick" any character until I had learned the best a character had to offer while playing as them was a surprise. Even now Random is still my most common choice for fun matches.

After that I mained Samus and Zero Suit Samus for a while. Samus was my main briefly in Melee when I gt tired of Young Link, and was my next choice considering Young Link's exclusion. I was determined to use them harmoniously and be good with both Samus and ZSS. In the end I found ZSS more fun to play as but I just wasn't very good with her.

After that I mained Toon Link. He was like Young Link but better (technically...) although he just didn't feel the same. I still main Young Link in Melee but Toon Link wasn't what I needed.

So I mained Sonic for a couple of months, because I like Sonic, he's awesome, and I got the feeling EVERYONE hated him. Always picking on him, making fun of him. I once thought he was popular, seems not. This made me very angry, so I vowed to get good with Sonic and win with him. Eventually though I decided that Sonic would probably be my 2nd main and I would play him for fun.

I've now settled for the time being with an old fave from Melee, Mr Game&Watch. I mained him for probably over a year in Melee a while back, and now he seemed to have improved in every way. I was very very happy to find out he made it into Brawl too :p. Turns out he's 4th in the tier list too... Something I'm not too proud of, should I be?

EDIT: The strange thing is, I'm really good with Olimar, I can sometimes even beat my friends (who're better at Smash) with him, but I'm never mained him. Maybe it's because he can be a headache to use well, or because my friends generally hate fighting him. But yeah, he's awesome. :p

Slush

Smash Cadet
I love to use ICs, mainly because of their moves, and not the chaingrabs. But once I really started to like them in brawl I began to capitalize on their moves, for instance, down B up close is like 35 dmg, and their down smash can do up to 40ish! not to mention the confusion they cause when one moves toward the opponent and the other moves away! lol. theyre really just awesome + 4

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi is my best main. My other two best mains, are Luigi and Mario.

Shaddup with your tier nonsense people. >_>;

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Peach is my main character ever since melee came out, I wonder why her second jump is different now, never the less I still enjoy the game.

Lord Ba'al

Smash Rookie
My main thus far has been Yoshi. I love his speed, and although he's not the strongest character, I find it easy to deal lots of damage within a small period of time. Lately however, I've started switching to Link

viparagon

Smash Ace
Ness Mario

They are balanced, and you don't feel like your cheating when you beat other people (metaknight >.<) I like mind games, and off the edge gameplay, so I choose mario for his amazing edgeguard skills AND HIS AERIAL COMBOBILITY. Ness is great because of his PKF, yo yo fair and PKthunder1+2 mindgames.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
snake is my kind of guy.

know the layout of the battlefield, use explosives to your advantage....a unique playstyle.

TKD

Smash Lord
I main Metaknight. Practically no one knows how to beat him, he never gets pressured, and he's extremely easy to win as. I'm more inclined to throw MK against random people that won't be much of a challenge though.

I marked down Sheik, she's my favorite, and my answer to other Metaknights.

Commander Snake

Smash Cadet
Snake: He has one of the best recoveries (IMO). He has the most awesome ground moves, and his aerials aren't too bad. I like how you can control the rockets he fires, plus his Final Smash pwns. Also, he has the best taunts (once agin, that's my opinion). He's my fave character and my main. I knew I'd like him, MGS 4 Lyf.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
*Yay. I use Metaknight and jam out on random bottons and I win every time becuase MK is by all means not cheap.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom