• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cataclysm

Smash Rookie
1204-0617-0539

(Ringo)
It used to be samus for me. Zero Suit or Regular.
I was beast.

Then, I saw how much fun Ike was, and how powerful he was.
And I had to make him my main.

Getting rid of how slow he is as a weakness wasn't too difficult.

Tenmashu

Smash Rookie
(First post <333)

Lucario is my best so far, but I'm not sure about a top 3. I'm stuck between Ganondorf, PT, Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon. I guess I'll never know until I fight some pros. Everyone around here aren't that good. =\

Tenmashu

Smash Rookie
(First post <333)

Lucario is my best so far, but I'm not sure about a top 3. I'm stuck between Ganondorf, PT, Fox, Falco, and Captain Falcon. I guess I'll never know until I fight some pros. Everyone around here aren't that good. =\

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Luigi has been my favourite character, ever since I discovered how great he was whilst dabbling in other characters a month ago.

Why? His smash attacks are pretty versatile. Forward smash leaflet handout attack is just cool. And, not to mention, he has rather good recovery.
I'm pretty good with him, almost better than I am with Toon Link.

My mains are Toon Link, Luigi and G&W.

I really can't decide which one of them to make my one and only best, and since you're allowed to have more then one, I made all 3 of 'em my mains. They really just meet my brawl standards, thats all.

waymorethen10chars

Cenedar

Smash Ace
It was a tough process in deciding for me. I decided in the end that Lucario is my guy, all the way.

And I have Meta-Knight, Ike, and Sonic bringing up the back-up.

I just realized that I have one favorite character in each "tier" according to the stickied thread...

MK (top)
Lucario(High)
Ike(Middle)
Sonic(Bottom)

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Sticking with Samus, she fits my style all to well and has been my main since SSB64.

I need to start attending in-person tournies though, I beleive Samus is under used and under played by most players. I'll prove her worth, even if she never moves up the tier list :p

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
46 votes? There's a prime example of how underrated Pokémon Trainer is... :(

I voted for him, Charizard is my main, but there are really 4 characters I use more than others, which are (in order): Charizard, Lucario, Wolf, and Ike.

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Man, I sure do love some Pikachu. Although.. Mario is creepin' up on me as a loved character. I love pokemon, but there's just something great about Mario's awesome gimp moves. Getting a cape on someone and having them curse as they fly off in some detrimental direction for a KO is fantastic. Same with that fludd. I really love Pikachu's speed, although the more I watch the pros, I don't like the way Pikachu seems to win by cheap tricks. (QAC, CG)

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
I started the game thinking I was going to main Lucario, but after a couple of months I discovered Zelda and never went back. She doesn't combo all that well, but her priority is amazing, and with the right spacing and timing she just plain pwnz. Tryin to improve my Sheik now so I can dual main them, it's coming along well but it's just not the same. It'll only be Zelda/Sheik, never Sheik/Zelda.

Picked up Kirby and DK along the way too, they're so much fun to play, especially Kirby who combos like no one's business, but Zelda remains my fav main.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so mk and marth are still the most popular? i remember when lucario had the most votes haha

cool too see that sheik/zelda have 100+

probably cuz it's two characters

but it's okay, zelda and sheik mainers share the same love

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Mine changes daily >_>
If I had to choose right now, I'd say Zamus cuz of her "combos" and overall hotness.
Second is Sonic cuz he's just fun to play with. I'm curious about Wolf just cuz his moveset looks awesome, but I'm hesitant about picking up high tier characters. I'm not sure why, but being an overused character just seems too easy, yet I know that really shouldn't matter. I usually take a look at the tier list and avoid playing anything above mid...

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
I still use Marth cause his overall gameplay is till quite reliable. But they made his grab range smaller, and his sword range as well. But I stil find him very good!

Zylar

Smash Ace
I've mained pikachu for every smash game.
I chose him because it's like chosing myself.
Anyone else would be denying myself the right to fight my best and having fun at the same time.
Plus, pika is pimp.

mr gcube

Smash Rookie
Definitely Ness for me. The previous games - I found him awkward and clumsy, but in Brawl, he seems to be the character I can play most comfortably with.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I'd have to say, that Kirby is a very popular choice for casuals, and Pikachu/PT to a lesser extent

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I play Diddy, and his general craziness, forward b and very fun aerials suit my style perfectly. Falco comes second because of his bread and interesting smashes. I don't find Kirby a real casual character, although MK and Pika are. My friend has been maining Kirby since SSB and can slaughter everyone I know.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
G&W all the way! I started out as Pit, but didn't like the way he played and I doubt I could take much more of that horrible voice acting, so once I unlocked G&W I mained him and never looked back.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
1)My main is Metaknight :p
2)My second character is Wario :lick:
3)My third is Ike :laugh:
4)And Mario :)
Is exactly the same order in my Group Records...

Dritz

Smash Rookie
Ike because of his power/speed ratio. I mained Ness in the Original and Melee despite the stupid and constant tweaks they apply to his PSI Lightning and hit propertys.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I literally have not played this game since the first month it came out. I beat the one player mode and got bored because the best part of the one player mode was the cut scenes. Once you see all the cut scenes all that's left is a repetitive platformer which gets old fast. I could never get used to competitive Brawl because it was a joke with tripping and all this other bulls*** Sakurai added to balance the game.

I still play Melee though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom