• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is MK better Online or Offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I say he's 100x better offline. People who say he's better online have never played a good MK offline, IMO. Sure whorenado may be buffed bit, but everything else takes a dive. And everyone knows whorenado spam isn't effective against good players.

Discuss.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Online and offline aren't that much different. He's #1 in both anyway.

EDIT: Unless you're playing "With anyone" lol.

pixelbind

Smash Cadet
I find that I can actually combo offline and react faster...as for "whorenado spam" it's still somewhat effective especially if you playing against a big&heavy character like d3 or rob. atomsk got beaten like that before...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Offline.

Offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline offline.

****ING OFFLINE!

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i dont think offline and online makes much of a difference, since he has like no advanced techs or whatever. online would effect chars like diddy or ness, ones with a bunch of AT's

Hype

Smash Lord
Every character is better offline. The question is, is MK better online relative to the cast?

in other words. If you think he is #1 in both, does he **** harder online because his opponent is nerfed more by lag.

@brinboy: It's not only ATs that make it harder to play online. if your character is dependant on perfect spacing ie. marth, you will get narfed a lot online. it's impossible to maintian the optimal range in lag.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Lag doesn't matter much in most ATs where you just have to learn the button inputs, but it really affects in stuff like Diddy's banana lock where the tech is a bit more complicated.

MK doesn't have any ATs really (if he did he'd probably get banned) but he still needs good spacing. There are characters who need it even more though.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Agreed. Other than those, and perhaps a mere few others, every character is better offline.
Online hurts some characters more than others. MK isn't affected too badly by the lag.
I guess it depends on the amount of lag. I'm used to my combos going out the window.

MetaZeph

Smash Rookie
i play online alot, i never seem to have trouble with lag, tho the people i play against seem to ***** alot because of the "lag". since mk has minimal lag between attacks, i think he would do fine online :)

Staco

Smash Champion
Online only Falcon is good because he has got Punch Power. ;)
Use online for training, and dont play if it lags.
Some things you have to learn offline, its clsoe to impossible with lag etc.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Offline, since online his quick (as based on the amount of frames before their hitbox comes out) attacks do not come out as quickly (as based on when you make the input). That, and I find it more difficult to space well online. Online just sucks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Online is horrible.

And the best characters on wifi are Wolf (his fsmash practically breaks the game of wifi mixed with lasers/bair, has a fast roll and little lag on smashes = spam), Snake (his explosions cause lag, his roll is also fast, and spamming tilts work).

Pretty much every character without a projectile gets screwed over. People who play wifi and wifi only just camp with projectiles. Chars like MK and Marth just can't get past them effectively. You can't perfect shield, you can't punish spot dodges/rolls, and you can't space well either. The best thing MK has on wifi is his tornado, and his tornado only.

RejK

Smash Rookie
MK is garbage online unless you spam tornado and UP-Bbbbbbbbb

Nic64

Smash Lord
MK is garbage online unless you spam tornado and UP-Bbbbbbbbb
I do pretty well with him on wifi and I use both moves only situationally

Snake (his explosions cause lag, his roll is also fast, and spamming tilts work).
any character with a decent projectile can make snake look silly in lag, without consistent perfect shielding a lot of characters will outcamp him badly. snake is a beast against anyone else though...but I have to say the online adjustment for MK with me is much better than snake. snake is very good online but that is because he is just very good in general, I think wolf and pit benefit the most from lag

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK is a lot worse online because the things that make him untouchable require reactions. Online takes away from that. And projectile spam can get to MK online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom