• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to take texture hacking too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Yes, this is going way too far. As I just told you, this is precisely the reason I hated the idea of texture hacking in the first place.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Couldn't have put it any better than this...

From the AIM convo me and Cake had:
(1:35:40 AM) Me: The terrible thing is the comments I made earlier basically makes this the perfect costume for me.
(1:35:42 AM) Me: (About women in tight clothes with whips)
(1:35:53 AM) Me: However
(1:36:01 AM) Me: it's a bit overboard
(1:36:24 AM) DeliciousCake: dude I love dominatrixes as much as any other guy who loves being whipped and sodomized
(1:36:25 AM) DeliciousCake: but seriously
(1:36:28 AM) DeliciousCake: it's a ****ing fighting game

Chuee

Smash Hero
lol we all should've saw it coming. People have been obsessed with zss since brawl came out :/

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hey now, I don't like being whipped or sodomized, but I love dominatrix outfits and leather on girls >: (

It looks hot. As long as they don't make her nude I don't see what the big deal is though :\

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Meh. it was bound to happen, people have been in love with her since she was revealed. i'm surprised there isn't a nude ZSS yet.

.....or is there?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Everybody and their ****ing mother with a texture hack is going to main ZSS because "Durr she's almost naked!"

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Everybody and their ****ing mother with a texture hack is going to main ZSS because "Durr she's almost naked!"
why stop at almost?

In all seriousness, though, they could at least give her something revealing, but classier, like booty shorts and a sports bra. It's like "I'm at the park to jog, not ogle, but **** if she ain't got more bounce to the ounce!"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There's a naked Samus out there, so you might say it's gone too far.

I like the texture hacks when they're well done and interesting, but they're like any media; They can go too far, and it's up to you whether you condone it or not even if you can't do anything about it.

Also, MrEh, your signature always makes me waste so much time watching it. What the hell is it from?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
My biggest fear is them giving ZSS a bad rep.
Ahahahahahaha.

No. Not really. A few stupid people being stupid aren't going to seriously alter peoples perception of a character.

And eh who didn't see this and more coming as soon as Texture hacking got off the ground?

Bouse

Smash Ace
In all seriousness, though, they could at least give her something revealing, but classier, like booty shorts and a sports bra.
How is that any classier? Almost more revealing than what she's already wearing in this. That's like saying, "Oh... you're wearing a white bra and panties, that's classy. You're wearing red... you're a wh0re." You're just talking subtle differences that mean little.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
.......is it bad that I find that kinda hot? but I wont rest untill I find a maid zss. :)
but yes that is taking it a bit far.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Personally to me this is a solid costume, that's mildly skimpy but remains classy enough.

Presenting Claire Redfield.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I get what Cake is saying, but it's not really that big of a deal. It's mostly meant to be funny, not to mention developers have put outfits like these actually games themselves. I mean there was an outfit like this for Jessica in Dragon Quest VIII >_>.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey now, I don't like being whipped or sodomized, but I love dominatrix outfits and leather on girls >: (

It looks hot. As long as they don't make her nude I don't see what the big deal is though :\
A nude suit Zamus has already been made. It's been out for quite awhile now.
...it's creepy.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Considering there were photoshops of Zero Suit back when the first Brawl trailer came out, and how some people were considering ZSS's only purpose as sex appeal in Brawl, I'm not surprised texture hacking eventually led into this direction for her.

Also, I'm glad to see no one is posting links to nude texture hacks for ZSS, that would lead to a quick ban >_> But I'm sure the mod presence already in the thread put a halt to that :D

Also, MrEh, your signature always makes me waste so much time watching it. What the hell is it from?
Italian Spiderman, on youtube

AerialAce!

Smash Rookie
There is already a nude ZSS hack.
Its rather poor though/
>_>
It has hilarious pepperoni nipples and awkward placement. It's hardly worth mentioning.

I'll probably take this texture, tbh. Not that bad, considering, and the whole dominatrix/whip analogy is humorous enough to make it worthwhile. Plus, it's really well-made. Wish they'd release the .pcs files... I love their 80s Fox and Falco.

Edit:
A nude suit Zamus has already been made.
Birthday Suit Samus.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
I like the RE look but i think you would have to fix her attk so they are not so energy like looking to fit the character. (i do not know if you can even changes how the attks look) As for going too far its up to the person who playing the game you can alienate a lot of ppl who you play with if you play a character in the nude like that.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
lol we all should've saw it coming. People have been obsessed with zss since brawl came out :/
Sometimes I hate Nintendo and the fact that they changed Samus from a realistic looking person to an anime character. Also I hate the fact that they sexualized Samus. I also hate people for going further in that.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I agree to an extent, but I love her character design. It's a million times better than any of the old ones IMO

btw I think of Samus as a loner that's really intelligent and tough, but egotistical

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Sometimes I hate Nintendo and the fact that they changed Samus from a realistic looking person to an anime character. Also I hate the fact that they sexualized Samus. I also hate people for going further in that.
She's always looked like this since the 8-bit days. Though, to be fair, I don't think they showed her with her suit off until Metroid Fusion in any detail, and that's only when you die.

I think the fact that the basic, unhacked game has Peach panty shots is worse, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom