• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it me or do "Pro" Smashers NEVER taunt???

popsofctown

Smash Champion
IMO, it greatly depends on what character is being used.
If any of them have a charge move or things that can be set up (Snake, Diddy, Toon Link actually, i bet you didn't know though) then that clearly takes priority.

Most of those remaining characters without anything to do in between kills have lame taunts. Meta Knight's taunts aren't really that great, and they just point out that you killed with Meta Knight, big whup. Dedede's crouch is way cooler than any of his taunts. G&W's taunt is pretty weak, but i see it sometimes. Falco's taunt isn't that great, unless you are in to his related subculture of jokes.

But, i think anyone who passes up a chance to do Peach's taunt, CF's taunt, Sonic's taunt, or Pit's taunt have no soul.

In an interesting bit of trivia, i've mained Sheik for about 4 months and still don't know what any of her taunts are. Always gots to be charging the needles, *clink* *clink* *clink* *clink* *clink* *clink*

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Pros taunt, they just pro taunt.
It's too high tier for lowly players to understand.
Hahaha, you're a funny guy.

But seriously, I think someone might smack an MK player if they actually taunt in a tourney...
If I have the time I will Halberd or glide attack SHFF'd NAir Mach F-tilt instead because they're way sexier than shouting "COME!" If IDC wasn't banned for taunting purposes I would use it.

Oh, if you don't play MK those are advanced MK techs.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
in next brawl taunting should remove all stale moves. THEN IT WOULD BE USED!
I literally facepalmed irl. Like my palm slapped my face and everything.

On Topic: I taunt all the time. Taunting online is even more fun because you get to have an annoying little speech bubble over your head. X3

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Pro Smashers don't Taunt becase it take too much time? That makes no sense. After killing, you should have enough time between the kill and the re-entrance to the stage to toss in a taunt. The only characters I crouch as are Kirby and Olimar, and even then, I just count that as Taunt #4. Besides that, I always taunt.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I swear I remember watching a vid between M2k and Ken in a melee match in which M2k taunted and then paused the game. I could be wrong but it was pretty funny to see if I remember right.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Showing off your tech skill instead of taunting looks more impressive...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol the only pro player tht i've ever seen taunt like more then once is isai. prolly cause hes playing falcon lol
on a melee vid i saw him moonwalk>taunt. it was epic

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, what other people have said. Generally, you have time to taunt (especially in Brawl where you have three taunts, most likely at least one that's short, but if you mess up then it's punishable and not easily canceled. So in other words, it's not worth the risk.

And yeah, it's better to either prepare in one way or another or to tech. Like if you've ever watched a Speed Run in a game that has some sort of technique or whatever you can do. Super Metroid is a good example. While you wait for a boss to rise up, appear, etc., for just about anything, you'll see people infinite bomb jumping, single wall jumping...things like that. Because it's more awesome to show off than sit there, or in Smash Bros.' case, do a programmed animation MEANT for that purpose.

Agi

Smash Lord
In melee, what you do after a kill (assuming that you had already charged your lasa) was another way to show off your skill. Back when I was a Smash Noob on Youtube (crap, I need to stop rhyming) I used to think that what they did AFTER the KO was the most impressive parts of the match.

Top Bottom