• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
it frustrates me when i want practice(especially before today, when i specifically said it...), and you don't pick snake once(even after i specifically asked you to play more snake against me on sunday...).
sigh I guess I just need to stop leaving on the past since then we didn't mind learning different MU but since I actually enjoy playing Singles with you I'll play more Snake just for you <3

Joker doesn't enjoy how he has to play against you guys to win with snake.
This. I mean even back in the day when I played Razor I never really liked playing Snake cause then when we play we will end up timing out so is like argh so then I just end up rushing down and it's like not something I will really do in tourney but will camp sometimes.

Hey Joker what's with the MK Banned tourney?
Being part of the solution not the problem XP

PortCity

Smash Ace
PC, much as I luv you, I'll have to stop you and tell you that you're in the wrong here. As joker said, just because someone's not picking their main against you doesn't mean they're not playing serious. After all, the point of casuals is to improve all aspects of your game, not just one specific area.
tl;dr - Secondaries are a means for someone to deal with matchups, sure, but also a means for a player to re-evaluate themselves. If you don't play seriously against their secondaries, you may be denying them of this and their skills may stagnate.
Reread my post or read Blank's post.
I don't think Pcity is telling people not to play their other characters, hes just saying to ask for the practice/matchup if you want it. Also if Pcity can WIN by messing around with his Diddy and doing dumb stuff, I say its other people's job to overcome that. Get angry and make him stop sandbagging...by winning. :mad: In this case I don't think hes in the wrong by trying to work something out, even if he does think playing against secondaries is a "waste of his time."
This was the point of my post. I have no problem playing against secondaries, but when that is all people play (and their secondaries aren't that good) it is almost pointless.
not smoking till after tourney today. serious face, haven't done this before. lessgo.
it frustrates me when i want practice(especially before today, when i specifically said it...), and you don't pick snake once(even after i specifically asked you to play more snake against me on sunday...). sekous trashtalk is lame/inconsiderate/rude/not witty/etc, but at least when he is ****talking it means you are giving him a challenge. its just his SUPER RUDE WAY of expressing "I'M BEING CHALLENGED"
This is quoted for truth. The ONLY reason I even feel compelled to trash talk is because there is some excitement. Get HYPE?!?
Joker doesn't enjoy how he has to play against you guys to win with snake. Its just not fun and it eventually gets boring. Also he probably beats you guys so that makes it even more boring. I do the same thing when im winning i'll rotate chars cuz im bored or i don't enjoy playing really drawn out friendlies.
Point is joker wants to have fun with the game, and playing you guys with snake isn't enjoyable maybe.
@JBM: As Joker has already expressed. It has NOTHING to do with boring and definitely not because he is beating us. Thanks for the compliment though :-D
I know Brandon can talk for himself but we tend to agree in some stuff but he never really posts about it and seems he rather just stay away from the drama so I guess I'll just talk about me and no one else.
Thank you, sir.

This. Now the reason why I rather not play Snake against you is cause when ever I do you become a bit obnoxious you make it so that I don't have fun playing the game. I just rather just play random chars against you cause then you won't say anything.
Joker, I think you missed the point of my post. However, the stuff you brought up is the real issue. I have decreased the amount of trash talk, drastically, yet it still isn't enough. For you to bring up some stuff that isn't as relevant nowadays means that you are holding on to it. Also, the fact that you came at me rude is further proof. I can't do anything about that.

I want to show you something...

First you say:

Your Idea of goofing off is trying the infinite or messing with us while doing stupid stuff with Diddy EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW WE ARE TRYING WITH OUR SECONDARIES
Then you say:

When you play my secondaries I rarely hear any of that maybe because you don't take them seriously and even if you did is like CONGRATS YOU BEAT A CHAR I RARELY PLAY hell sometimes I JUST RATHER JUST PLAY RANDOM CHARS AGAINST YOU CAUSE THEN YOU WON'T SAY ANYTHING.

Joker which is it? Are you playing your secondaries to get better or are you playing your secondary to not hear me trash talk? It could be both, but from the posts, it isn't about getting better. If it was, you would be practicing those secondaries so they give me a challenge, but you said yourself that you "rarely play them" so "who cares" if I trash talk them. I don't respect your secondaries because you don't respect them enough to train them. That is why I'd rather play your Snake.

For the record...I've told you how to improve your Snake. You don't want to listen to me. You figure just because I haven't won a major tourney, and I just wreck people locally I'm not "that" good. However, just like I told you "Wario counters Diddy" for almost YEARS...you didn't believe it until Ally told you.

I have tried Joker and tried rather politely. You just don't seem to get it, and then when you don't, you run up on me rude and then post hearts to Brandon :) ... I guess...

None the less...I'll show up Saturday to play friendlies Or doubles if it is stalled for for me (SIngles - Lunch Break / MVC3 - Doubles ? {that leaves 5 hours for doubles})). Anyway, I'll be there at 7:00.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey me and a friend from University of Iowa want to go to the tournament but we don't have a way to get there...anyone able to get us a ride? We can help with gas money etc.
I'm your ride I thought. I mean, at this point-- I'm not 100% sure I'm going since **** happens and something might come up, but to me it doesn't look like you have many other options so might as well plan as if I'm taking you. Sorry I didn't respond to your text earlier-- I was at a tournament.

Speaking of, the NerdGamer3k returns. You can't beat me at random games. Get at my level, kiddies.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Leaked Doubles Results:

1. coney/logic
2. mjg/kain
3. GIMR/Shugo
4. ybm/infern
5. bpow/Krystediez
5. tmacc/hades

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm your ride I thought. I mean, at this point-- I'm not 100% sure I'm going since **** happens and something might come up, but to me it doesn't look like you have many other options so might as well plan as if I'm taking you. Sorry I didn't respond to your text earlier-- I was at a tournament.

Speaking of, the NerdGamer3k returns. You can't beat me at random games. Get at my level, kiddies.
Ayo, would you be able to get me? But it's not for sure at all. I might have to work. If I'm able to get someone to cover my shift I'll be able to though. $$ for you if you take me.

you know I pay in abundance whenever I can

PortCity

Smash Ace
BPx Leaked results:

BPx got 13/50 in Singles
BPx got 5/28 in Doubles

Bpx making mama bird proud :-D

I'm going to find some more time to play and help Brandon improve. Cause I'm starting to REALLY like his tournament placement (particularly the quality of the people underneath him). I'll set up some dates and times for bootcamp... :-D everyone is invited.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Also, the fact that you came at me rude is further proof.
Oh ok I'm the rude one.

Joker which is it? Are you playing your secondaries to get better or are you playing your secondary to not hear me trash talk?
Pretty much both but me playing Wolf/Marth is not to CP Diddy but for other chars I'm just trying to get used to them. I have put time on both of them I some what got his grab release to Fsmash on Wario but of course when I played Brandon I kept messing it up and like I mention before with Wolf I don't know many AT point being I take them seriously.

However, just like I told you "Wario counters Diddy" for almost YEARS...you didn't believe it until Ally told you.
It's because he has the experience you don't really go out to tourneys so I don't know where you get your info maybe vids don't know point being he's out there playing not just top players but others who are good but not at the top level I mean right now if Brandon told me something about MU I'll probably agree cause he's out there more.

You just don't seem to get it, and then when you don't, you run up on me rude and then post hearts to Brandon :)
I always thought you where rude when ever we played at least with Brandon we never say anything to each other except when Brandon say's "Why am I so bad" when ever he SDs but more times then others I think is cause he tried something but failed so I don't think he's bad cause of it.

@Brandon: I hope you got to play a bunch of friendlies against other people or against different MUs.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I realize this has nothing to do with arguing about video games, so I apologize, but you should add that melee is going to happen so JBM and I (and whoever else) can come :)

And that way Zebra/Scrub bubbles/others can come who otherwise would not.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: :-D Don't worry about it homey. I'm throwing up the white flag.

1) Anytime we play singles I won't say anything at all.
2) If we play doubles, I will only speak to you when spoken to. So if I say something about the match, and you correct me, you are consenting to a response. I reserve the right to talk to my partner and yours :-D...
3) You don't have to listen to anything I say about Brawl or anything else. I will spare you the advice.
4) When we do play I will play seriously. Which means I will be camping you. I'm going to tell you now. No one in Iowa knows how to approach me. I know this, but I chose to not camp to make things interesting. However, since you want me to play your secondaries seriously I will. You will see a BIG difference in how I play them.
5) If you are interested in the grudge match, let me know. We can play best of 3 sets, each set 3 of 5. If I win, anytime I play with you, you ONLY pick snake. I lose, I say absolutely nothing everytime we play.

@MegaRobMan: Yeah, I just recently realized it too :-\....

@Everyone: If Joker agrees to the grudge match, we might as well make it interesting :).... People should figure out something they can't stand about someone else and put it on the line. Example. Let's say Dustin can't stand MegaRobMan's green sweater that he wears every Tuesday. Dustin places a side bet "I bet on Joker to win the grudge match. If Joker wins I get to burn that nasty sweater." MegaRobMan replies "Hell yeah, my money is on PCity. You have to call me sensei everytime you see me if he wins."

...LOL... that would be hilarious if there were like a BUNCH of side bets going on ...kinda like a $10,000 MVC2 Money Match

Anyway, as ya'll can tell, this stuff isn't serious to me at all.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Leaked Bpx Info:

BPx beat AlphaZealot in a friendly set 2 - 0.

Muahahahaha..... PCity Diddy Kong Practice #forthewin :-D

@Cook: Elaborate...but you are probably right regardless of your explanation :)

Cook

Smash Master
Are you sure about the doubles results? Because Nicole claimed that she got 4th in doubles, but you don't even have her listed in the top 6... lol.

What I mean is that whoever loses the grudge match will just resent the other person because everytime you guys play oneof you will have to do something he doesn't want to do. Eventually that person may just want to stop playing with the other person all together. Imo. Just love each other, omg!

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Cook: The results are leaked :-D so they can't exactly be trusted. On the other topic, I won't trip if I have to shut up. So I won't resent him, I'd be mad at my self that I lost. Plus I'd feel bad I let all those who believed in me down :-D heheheh....and on the love topic...I have been trying. I haven't come at him twisted at all. All I asked was "can we work something out" next thing I know, I'm hit over the head with "Here's the thing I don't appreciate about you and the reason I rather just play Brandon in singles or anyone else and just play you in dubs". Joker did me like Floyd Mayweather did Victor Ortiz :-)

I am going in for the hug....1...2...lol...

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, you guys have silly issues. I can certainly understand, though. On an unrelated note, Se'kou, you should quit being an Adventist for a week and come to Kahoka! :awesome:

And wtf, MMA is the most homosexual thing I've seen, next to men having anal or oral intercourse (two men kissing, however, is actually LESS gay than MMA; handjobs between men are roughly as gay as MMA). They just sit there hugging and groping for the entire match.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196

Oh ok, from your text I interpreted it as you weren't sure if you could give me a ride at all, then yeah I plan on hitching a ride with you if thats ok :) I'll obviously chip in gas money etc. Thanks man

THuGz

Smash Lord
Lol why is this state so salty about MK? Just cuz me and brandon can beat you with him doesn't mean everyone can....

Also, everyone remember our moneymatches? :cool: :069:

Soran

Smash Ace
Who said anything about being salty about MK? I thought we thought MK was cool guy. e spins like a tornado and doesn't afraid of anything.

EDIT: So if you don't like MMA, I'm guessing you prefer professional wrestling over Olympic wrestling?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
If you are interested in the grudge match, let me know.
Here's the thing man if you where like everyone else I wouldn't mind playing you with Snake I don't even care about losing I mean I spent like an hour playing M2K and that's all I did was lose its all about the experience MU etc. but when I play you is like argh I have gone to multiple tourneys played a handful of people and I expect them to be I guess cocky rude what ever but no I get to hear that from someone from Iowa and I guess it makes me feel uneasy.

I'll just let things go screw it I'll play Snake only let you say what ever and just go with it I have bottled in a lot of stuff in my life so what's one more.

With that said why is it always me and Sekou starting the drama someone else in this thread needs to start something >.<

Tune in next week when Sekou and I fight for Brandon custody XP

so how many are expected to come to your tourney???
Don't know but I picked this date so you could make it ^.^

Lol why is this state so salty about MK? Just cuz me and brandon can beat you with him doesn't mean everyone can....
I lol'd

Someone take my bet. :mad:
It's ok man I know you have my back >.0
By the way how did the tourney go?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Why are you still talking about MK? Are you afraid of losing your crutch? We clearly have better drama to be discussing.

I just want to go home and play games, god I'll play any games at this point. :(

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Kind of a let down in Marvel. I got 3rd in AE. Random brackets taunt me. Had to face Rex0r in the first round in AE and Marvel. Figgy (Honda) got ROCKED in GF of AE, which made me really mad.

It's all good, because I got 1st in MYSTERY! NerdGamer, son! Made $120.

I'm going to beat you in Marvel Saturday, then win another Omaha tourney the next week. THAT'S RIGHT!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Kind of a let down in Marvel. I got 3rd in AE. Random brackets taunt me. Had to face Rex0r in the first round in AE and Marvel. Figgy (Honda) got ROCKED in GF of AE, which made me really mad.

It's all good, because I got 1st in MYSTERY! NerdGamer, son! Made $120.

I'm going to beat you in Marvel Saturday, then win another Omaha tourney the next week. THAT'S RIGHT!
Good **** making that money and staying true to that name ^.^
Also man you should see if you can come the day before or so then I can get some practice >.<

@Blank: I didn't answered you but we haven't gone to kevins in a while actually when Ngamer and Zyroqua came was the last time we went but I did got to play Bou sorry can't remember his name or spell it XP but yeah played him afterwords She-Hulk is nasty.

Top Bottom