• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

THuGz

Smash Lord
The poll also isn't a source of action, it's been confirmed that it's just a way for the backroom/rc/other smash community executives to have more data regarding metaknight and get a community opinion. So stop saying "MK Ban".

Cook

Smash Master
But... if MK is banned how will I spam tornado? Guess I'm switching to Luigi? I just feel it will be less effective...

Cook

Smash Master
He meant Olimar can't beat Wario, because that's what Dustin always claims. It's a running joke.

but it isn't actually true!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
The poll also isn't a source of action, it's been confirmed that it's just a way for the backroom/rc/other smash community executives to have more data regarding metaknight and get a community opinion. So stop saying "MK Ban".
You only say that because you play him.

BPx

Smash Lord
so apex is going to have umvc3/ssf4ae/pokemans, does anyone else even want to go? I think colin and I are going to, but I gotta start looking into tickets and stuff soon, i guess driving if you guys will fill a car(lolololol).

and we'll be down there around 6-6:30 tonight, pls come thx

Soran

Smash Ace
so apex is going to have umvc3/ssf4ae/pokemans, does anyone else even want to go? I think colin and I are going to, but I gotta start looking into tickets and stuff soon, i guess driving if you guys will fill a car(lolololol).

are you not at ISU anymore? My friend said he saw you a couple weeks ago. (when he told me)

THuGz

Smash Lord

Yo If you guys would seriously drive if you filled a car, you could pick me up on the way. I'd also let you guys stay at my place along the way. Think about it yo

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Haha nice labbing Joker. Was it easy to time or did they get up too slow/fast? I think that's gunna be helpful in Ultimate when theres no DHC glitch, then just do unblockable/mix-up off it instead. Like you could jump, hammer+call assist > then teleport/airdash or do another hammer.

But yeah I got a lot of Dante ideas but they're mostly blockstrings. Harder to test, and his changes in ultimate could effect them.

Tbh I'm just happy this stupid 4 year old game is getting ruleset changes period. Tournaments already take way too long and I don't even know how many people still get hype for hour long grand finals. I don't really care if they ban MK, but just do something to start something in a new direction lol.

THuGz

Smash Lord
haha nice labbing joker. Was it easy to time or did they get up too slow/fast? I think that's gunna be helpful in ultimate when theres no dhc glitch, then just do unblockable/mix-up off it instead. Like you could jump, hammer+call assist > then teleport/airdash or do another hammer.

But yeah i got a lot of dante ideas but they're mostly blockstrings. Harder to test, and his changes in ultimate could effect them.

Tbh i'm just happy this stupid 4 year old game is getting ruleset changes period. Tournaments already take way too long and i don't even know how many people still get hype for hour long grand finals. I don't really care if they ban mk, but just do something to start something in a new direction lol.
there is no ruleset change even mentioned by the bbr

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker and BPx: Next time when we get together...can we all play our mains and practice and stuff? :-\... Apparently ya'll didn't appreciate the way I was playing, particularly my matches against Brandon's Falco as Wario where I got a lead, ran away and only used jab :-P... Brandon looks at me and says "I'm not having fun like this." Afterward, Joker made a comment about me "not playing". You guys have to understand. I don't get to play much, so I want to actually practice and play seriously. So when ya'll play Falco and ya'll secondaries against me, I usually do stuff like practice messing up Diddy's infinite and/or making up new stupid stuff. I can understand switching to secondaries after HOURS of us playing seriously. I do like playing fun matches at the end of the night. It helps us all end on a good friendly note. However, when Joker is picking Wolf and Marth, right off the bat and Brandon following suit 1 hour later in no fewer words (and not to sound cocky), that stuff just ain't worth my time. It is then unfair to me that when I decide to goof off and play the way I want to play, you both comment on how that isn't right. Can figure something out?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Pcity: Here's the thing I don't appreciate about you and the reason I rather just play Brandon in singles or anyone else and just play you in dubs I mean sure our secondaries aren't going to be as good as our mains but we haven't put much time with them I mean I been playing Snake since the game even was release in the US but you have to start somewhere you ain't going to pick a char and automatically be good with them. When I play Brandon with my Wolf/Marth he takes the matches seriously cause he knows I'm trying sure he sometimes wants me to go Snake but he know I ain't messing with him when I play my other chars. You have given Brandon a lot of crap when ever he tried different chars be it his DK or Falco I welcome it nothing wrong with it unless is MK cause well is just MK >.< but point being I don't mind him specially cause all Brawl is it's about CP your opponent so it's like why try to beat your worst MU when you can CP them and have an easier time with it.

Your Idea of goofing off is trying the infinite or messing with us while doing stupid stuff with Diddy even thought you know we are trying with our secondaries you know what try that stuff in doubles I don't care specially since I'm finally seeing Brandon taking singles more seriously and have found someone to practice with.

@Rob: I need to sit down with you next time so you can teach me Wolf >.0

On another note:

MK IS BANNED AT THIS TOURNEY.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Host melee.

Maybe some Chitown people will show up.

People are talking mad smack about iowa smash joker. PLZ let me **** them in melee.
Here's the thing about me hosting Melee:
1. There will only be like 2 set ups or so
2. Who ever is in charge needs to finish the tourney before 10pm or 12am the latest
3. If there's any people that enter both Brawl/Melee Brawl will take priority so they have to play Brawl first before Melee (cause you know how long Brawl matches take XP) the exception to this rule is if they are already playing Melee or there's no open Brawl set ups.

With that said I have Skizms TV that you can use and Greg's TV the one that the sound goes off unless you hit it >.<

PortCity

Smash Ace
:( Joker... you are PMSsing cousin. First, I came at you friendly. I said nothing along the lines of "Here's the thing I don't appreciate about you"... especially with the "can *we* remedy this" part...

Second, you must not have read my post. I have no problem with you guys playing your secondaries, you guys just play them a bunch against me. To the point, it is like "uggg who will they play next". You guys can simply ask...just the same way I do. I know ALL my secondaries are trash, so I ask "hey Joker can I play your snake vs. my wario? can I play your snake vs my snake?" Or at the least play your mains SOMETIMES.

Third, Brandon can speak for himself. We talk ALL the time. So when we come there with you, it isn't the first time I've seen him or talked about stuff. I tell him to stick with Wario until he gets fantastic, THEN switch. But that stuff is between he and I. You don't have to get involved. I have no issue with Brandon, and he knows I'm hard on him. He is still my friend.

Fourth, I'm not forcing you to play me in singles. I do it because you said you wanted practice. I was trying to remedy the whole "trash talk" (which I didn't do last night) and the whole "too much doubles" issue.

Fifth, you might just be trolling me so...I'll troll you back :-D

|
|
|
v

Troll Alert

|
|
|
v

I, PortCity, CAN NOT be counterpicked (as a secondary) by ANY of the top tier or mid tier characters, except Wario. So unless you MAIN him up, you are not going to counterpick and beat me. You are going to have to work on your Snake, make him fast (and confusing) and put in the hard work.

I'll MM you... I win... You ONLY play Snake against me...I lose I don't say ANYTHING during ANY match with you.

Unity Ruleset + MK Banned... Deal? :)

Top Bottom