• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@Rob: I need to sit down with you next time so I can teach You Wolf >.0
You know that's what you meant

tbh, up until 3 days ago I thought about completely giving up on brawl. Then I found out statistically I'm the #5 Wolf in the USA. That's my cap given Seagull/Holms/Kain/Ally, but if round robin tournaments counted, the spread would be closer.

Host melee.

Maybe some Chitown people will show up.

People are talking mad smack about iowa smash joker. PLZ let me **** them in melee.
I heard them talking smack specificially about you, Joker. Better let JBM teach them a thing. Also I don't see how I'll make it to this if melee doesn't happen, lol.

Here's the thing about me hosting Melee:
3. If there's any people that enter both Brawl/Melee Brawl will take priority so they have to play Brawl first before Melee (cause you know how long Brawl matches take XP) the exception to this rule is if they are already playing Melee or there's no open Brawl set ups.
Got it! Now announce the return of melee so more people can be hyped for smangbras.

pbj_mixxa

Smash Rookie
I'd just like to say, I really enjoy all the drama you guys constantly create. It's far more interesting than what happens on the srk thread. However, I don't like reruns so I'll just give a point of view that no-one cares about in hopes that this ends swiftly and we can proceed to new kinds of drama.

PC, much as I luv you, I'll have to stop you and tell you that you're in the wrong here. As joker said, just because someone's not picking their main against you doesn't mean they're not playing serious. After all, the point of casuals is to improve all aspects of your game, not just one specific area.

I'll lead by example. As only blank knows, I've played Akiha since MBAC. When MBAA came out, I stuck to my roots despite all the changes and stuck with C-Akiha since she plays the same. However, due to matchup problems that remained since MBAC (****ing nero), I was forced to rethink my decision to play C-Akiha exclusively and find some way of dealing with her weaknesses. When I trained with blank, I didn't see my C-Akiha improving that much so I looked for alts. Don't remember how I ended up with F-Satsuki, but she ended up complementing my playstyle better than C-Akiha and my skills with her soared to the point that she became my main and has done me very well since the switch (a lot better than even Akiha did for me back in MBAC days... which is saying a lot!).

tl;dr - Secondaries are a means for someone to deal with matchups, sure, but also a means for a player to re-evaluate themselves. If you don't play seriously against their secondaries, you may be denying them of this and their skills may stagnate.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I don't think Pcity is telling people not to play their other characters, hes just saying to ask for the practice/matchup if you want it. Also if Pcity can WIN by messing around with his Diddy and doing dumb stuff, I say its other people's job to overcome that. Get angry and make him stop sandbagging...by winning. :mad: In this case I don't think hes in the wrong by trying to work something out, even if he does think playing against secondaries is a "waste of his time."

I mean, I played Falco in tournament against him because I wanted the easier matchup. Kirby might've gone better, but Falco definitely took a lot less effort.

Melee at monthlies again would be cool, specially if JBM started attending.

Where are people talking trash? Theres some school for trash talking somewhere right? Some thread for smash gossip? I don't understand. Joker probably has more consistent practice in MvC3 now then smash anyways.

New Melty for Evo imo. Also games are bad, they give people bull**** perceptions of their-selves. *coughRobcough*

BPx

Smash Lord
cp my falco to cruise with wario run away and jab till the timer runs out, that is actually wasting someones time. i never feel like playing jokers alts is a waste of time, though last night may have been a waste of gas money :/

made it to cincinnati!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I know Brandon can talk for himself but we tend to agree in some stuff but he never really posts about it and seems he rather just stay away from the drama so I guess I'll just talk about me and no one else.

I have no problem with you guys playing your secondaries, you guys just play them a bunch against me.
However, when Joker is picking Wolf and Marth, right off the bat and Brandon following suit 1 hour later in no fewer words (and not to sound cocky), that stuff just ain't worth my time.
This. Now the reason why I rather not play Snake against you is cause when ever I do you become a bit obnoxious you make it so that I don't have fun playing the game, every little thing you do to Snake is like this amazing thing let's say I fall on a banana and I get Fsmash "Oh I'm a bad boy" really you going to get off on that it's like if where to trow a grenade and when it exploded I got all excited for it but it's like why it's only a nade or when I get spiked which is not even hard with Diddy I would understand if it was someone like Marth cause to spike you have to tip them also Snake being one of the easiest persons to spike specially since he can't do anything out of the first frames of his Cypher.

When you play my secondaries I rarely hear any of that maybe because you don't take them seriously and even if you did is like congrats you beat a char i rarely play hell sometimes I just rather just play random chars against you cause then you won't say anything.

@Brandon: You have told me you can beat some others Snakes but I still hear you have troubles with Wolf maybe not Marth but I figure I rather give you some practice on MU that you have problems with.

You know that's what you meant
lol well I know the basic stuff I need you to show me some of his AT plus what stages to CP. . . . . yeah I could check the boards but that's stupid >.<

I MISS YOU BLANK
who am I suppose to play Mahvel with T.T

Kuares

Pizza
Aw Joker, if I could borrow a ps3 pad thatd be great. I left mine at home. You need to teach me DANTE though. I'm tired of hearing people complain I play an easy team.

Apparently, using difficult characters is a reason to get mad at Marvel. Nick's getting really salty(not a term I use often) when Dorm catches his Spid3rman and kill him. Its getting annoying the constant John's he gives. -_-

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I'm tired of hearing people complain I play an easy team.

Apparently, using difficult characters is a reason to get mad at Marvel. Nick's getting really salty(not a term I use often) when Dorm catches his Spid3rman and kill him. Its getting annoying the constant John's he gives. -_-
F*** all haters and win, dude. Look at my team-- I know for a fact people really hate losing to me given who is on my team and my "playstyle." ;) I don't care though, I just take the money and laugh.

~OH HO HO HO HO HO.

Good luck, Brandon.

gantrain05

Smash Master
whoa, trash talk and stuff, are we takin brawl serious again or somethin? i can't promise i can make the tourney, but i do know i have the day off work. However i have been rediculously busy as of late and can't seem to commit to any plans, if i show up it will be random.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol well I know the basic stuff I need you to show me some of his AT plus what stages to CP. . . . . yeah I could check the boards but that's stupid >.<
Wolf is more about knowing what stage to ban as opposed to CP. I can CP a few characters but it's mostly about finding a stage that fits the type of wolf you want to be (divided by) your opponents character's stage preferences.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Jesus people are still awake 0.0

Also Colin you up for some games today I didn't got to play you last time >.0

@Dustin: Yeah I thought of picking up Zamus but I'll have to sit down and watch Legan play her.

@Rob: ic well I was told Yoshi's and Brinstar where good for him at least with Yoshi I have seen Kain gone there multiple times not sure about Brinstar.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You got Kevin, Bo, Curtis, Murph and everybody who still goes to games to play Marvel with dude! Thats some good practice, unless you really want to play my Phoenix team again lol.

But aww I miss you too. T.T

Soran

Smash Ace
OMGNUGGETS I scrolled down for like, 10 sec...

Aw Joker, if I could borrow a ps3 pad thatd be great. I left mine at home. You need to teach me DANTE though. I'm tired of hearing people complain I play an easy team.

I think I figured out why people use salty as a term for getting upset.

Sodium gives people high blood pressure and they relate high blood-pressure to getting mad so people just call you salty ^o^

anyway, easy characters are fun. They make it so you can play the game.. Look at that Noah Bison kid: his team is hella scrub yet he produces results. In this case: doesn't matter how you win, just that you win (as is the case for all games mirite?)

folks, NEVER ORDER FROM YESASIA! God diggity they are awful.. Okay, at least never use free shipping.. I don't think I'm that upset since it's just time to look forward to my dear EXVS (preordered from Play-asia). I only chose Yesasia for this order because the game is dramatically cheaper. With free shipping it's like I payed for a used (new release) game. *RANDOM*

BPx

Smash Lord
not smoking till after tourney today. serious face, haven't done this before. lessgo.

it frustrates me when i want practice(especially before today, when i specifically said it...), and you don't pick snake once(even after i specifically asked you to play more snake against me on sunday...). sekous trashtalk is lame/inconsiderate/rude/not witty/etc, but at least when he is ****talking it means you are giving him a challenge. its just his SUPER RUDE WAY of expressing "I'M BEING CHALLENGED"

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Honestly all this dispute is kind of ridiculous.

I'll tell it how i see it.

Joker doesn't enjoy how he has to play against you guys to win with snake. Its just not fun and it eventually gets boring. Also he probably beats you guys so that makes it even more boring. I do the same thing when im winning i'll rotate chars cuz im bored or i don't enjoy playing really drawn out friendlies.

Point is joker wants to have fun with the game, and playing you guys with snake isn't enjoyable maybe.

BUT

If you guys all want to get better you have to stick to your mains. Pcity has always been like #2 or #1 the way i see it/hear it and he's been maining diddy since day one. He also besides razor improved the fastest.

I think that definetly means something.

Blank its in the chicago melee power rankings.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@Rob: ic well I was told Yoshi's and Brinstar where good for him at least with Yoshi I have seen Kain gone there multiple times not sure about Brinstar.
Yeah, Yoshi's is an amazing stage for Wolf, Brinstar is a good one too, but pocket wario's/mk's make that stage pretty gay.

I like delfino a lot too.

not smoking till after tourney today. serious face, haven't done this before. lessgo.
If you only play stoned, you won't play as well sober especially with adrenaline kicking in and all that, gotta start practicing sober if you want to do well in tournament sober. I mean, you may prove this statement wrong, but that's just what I have noticed.

I do the same thing when im winning i'll rotate chars cuz im bored or i don't enjoy playing really drawn out friendlies.
In some situations you switch because you hate the matchup, not cause you're bored :p Who gets bored playing 5 minute matches in melee?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Not really Rob.

Like what i mean is if we never met, and we met at a tourney i'd probably own you. No offense because you've never played me and thats how it went when we played for the first time.

I don't like playing vs sheik players who have played me because its an actual losing matchup for Marth. You being at least as smart as i am gives you the advantage with your char.

Ask Bolt. If i win its only by like 1-2 stocks because its so easy for a sheik that knows you to use that ridiculous **** vs marth.

The only reason i go marth oos vs sheiks is cuz My sheik game is good and i plan to catch them SLIPPIN.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Not really Rob.

Like what i mean is if we never met, and we met at a tourney i'd probably own you. No offense because you've never played me and thats how it went when we played for the first time.

I don't like playing vs sheik players who have played me because its an actual losing matchup for Marth. You being at least as smart as i am gives you the advantage with your char.
You still own me, but when we first played, I was so out of practice and had no clue how to approach people bad, lol.

Don't get me wrong, if we still just met and played, you'd beat me, but I don't think it would be as **** as you think, I play pretty weird.

And Tyser, I don't see you playing smash anymore, you're the one who's free now :0 I'd probably beat your Samus in a set even :p

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Come to games sometime so you can

shatter dreams

unless you are saying to keep dreaming that you haven't been playing :OoO

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Hey me and a friend from University of Iowa want to go to the tournament but we don't have a way to get there...anyone able to get us a ride? We can help with gas money etc.

Top Bottom