• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

THuGz

Smash Lord
Hey, so what's the deal with your ride situation for SiiS? I talked to brandon for like an hour today and he really wants to go, and I could probably work something out for housing for people if they wanna go. If someone wanted to go, I think Krystedez would go with brandon and then he says that Christian would probably go because then there'd be 4 people who wanted to go and it would be a cheap trip. Y'know, if you wanted to go. If you wanna go let brandon know. If you wanna go, that is.

Soran

Smash Ace
I don't have paypal Dx I wonder if I'll go... if I do find a way there I'll be late and probably can't do anything tournament... and there is no BB. a game I actually practice is not going to be there.

MORE Kail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMH2JT7AMM0

I was looking for that vid in my favorites when I posted "The Elysium" hah I'm not sure why I couldn't find it. I wanted to share the version from Kail's yt.

DMC talk: is Nero Virgil's son? I'm hearing this all of a sudden... I approve? idk if I approve but I love Nero and Virgil alike.
I might have to play DMC3.. I have that game.. I've just never beaten it. I beat 4 and then tried out 3 and suffered.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
DMC talk: is Nero Virgil's son? I'm hearing this all of a sudden... I approve? idk if I approve but I love Nero and Virgil alike.
I might have to play DMC3.. I have that game.. I've just never beaten it. I beat 4 and then tried out 3 and suffered.
Actually I never taught anything about it but then me and Sam had a talk about it and pretty much Nero is presume to be Vergil's son.
1. He was able to awaken Yamato.
2. When he uses DT with Yamato the blue shadow that appears is Nelo Angelo
*Nelo Angelo is Vergil but was posses by Mundus.(In DMC3 if you defeat more then a 100 enemies at the credits you get to see a special ending involving Vergil and Mundus)
3. Dante mentions that he will like to keep Yamato in the family and tries to take it away from Nero but at the end he let's him keep it.
4. On the DMC4 novel there's hints that Nero is Vergil's son.

DMC3 is probably one of my favorites and I was glad they used that Dante for MvC3.

If that date is legit, I can actually go. If you can make it to MOK, Joker-- I'll pay your venue fee.
Yeah that date should be it. And that be awesome I'll see what I can do <3

PortCity

Smash Ace
@BPx: Hahaha, please don't mess with Cook, after slaughtering Nicole online, you will only be a speed bump. Hahahah... "How do you double post 2.5 hours later?!?" LOL

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
People find ways to do the impossible, like double post days later. I did that in the Nebraska Brawl threads and the wolf/link social when I'm boredrunk.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD

So I caught up with The World Only God Knows and is just amazing specially the last few chapters where he's trying to conquer Ayumi but then Chihiro shows up 0.0

Argh I want to read more T.T
So when do they release new chapters o.0

Also I think Shiori is the one for me <3

resTy

Smash Champion
New chapters come out on Sundays usually but sometimes it will get out early on Saturday. The guys who publish em aren't that consistent though so you may have to wait as long as Monday and Tuesday sometimes.

Ayumi :3 DEM BLUSHES! ♥

Soran

Smash Ace
Worst thing I've ever read.

EVER.
Because I couldn't get into DMC3 Because I played DMC4 first? well, actually I played DMC3 first but I never finished it because by then I had Oblivion and I was on that *SHOOP* all the time. Then I got DMC4 because I played the demo and watched "The Emotional Devil" and then played the demo some more until I realized I need the full game. I liked that game a lot.

Actually I never taught anything about it but then me and Sam had a talk about it and pretty much Nero is presume to be Vergil's son.
1. He was able to awaken Yamato.
2. When he uses DT with Yamato the blue shadow that appears is Nelo Angelo
*Nelo Angelo is Vergil but was posses by Mundus.(In DMC3 if you defeat more then a 100 enemies at the credits you get to see a special ending involving Vergil and Mundus)
3. Dante mentions that he will like to keep Yamato in the family and tries to take it away from Nero but at the end he let's him keep it.
4. On the DMC4 novel there's hints that Nero is Vergil's son.

DMC3 is probably one of my favorites and I was glad they used that Dante for MvC3.
I'll try out DMC3 again after I get my ps2 back. but Dante is hard to play. In DMC4 I just used Dark Slayer and jump-cancel, special'd all day. I wrecked that game though. I even beat DMD!!!!! Then I had fun with Super Nero until I realized it isn't as much fun when you don't have a gauge to burn / :

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Joker if you find a way to go to M.O.K. this weekend let me in on it! I desperately want to go and don't have a ride there. Somebody from around the Des Moines area should just offer to drive and I'll pitch in on gas hardcore or something. Either way I want to go so badly!

Cook

Smash Master
DMC3 really isn't that hard once you get used to it...

And this is coming from someone who isn't good at hard games (ie NEVER BEATEN SIGMA).

It has a way cooler story/cast/and cutscenes than DMC4, imo, and switching between styles/weapons on the fly>stretchy hand, I think.

Nero is kind of a *****.

Soran

Smash Ace
I destroyed sigma. and any other one of those games. HYPE FOR 3!!!!

Nero is awesome ._. I like how he looks. His hair is stylish (generic/cliche, maybe.. stylish nonetheless)
Also I love his playstyle. It's simple and you can do sweet combos. Did you watch "The Emotional Devil" ?

you should.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Ayumi :3 DEM BLUSHES! ♥
Agreed, actually since I started with the anime first and she was the first one I liked her a lot too plus on the last couple of chapters I was like Kawaii there's also Haqua but will I get in trouble if I say I like Tsukiyo o.0

I wish you could test my Dante ideas for me Christian!
K Blank so I tried Dante's Grapple set ups and here's what I came with.
Also keep in mind I used my team Dante/Wesker/Task since is the team I'm most used to plus I figure Wesker's Samurai Edge is one if not the fastest low hitting assist and Task comes behind you so is safe to call him out now:

*If Player2 doesn't move and just blocks then you can create and unblockable with either Hammer/Wesker or air H/Wesker.

*If P2 just blocks but calls an assist the assist will get hit by Hammer and still create an unblockable. However assist may change this like Tron or Haggar but anything else Hammer should beat also I should mention that Thor's Mighty Smash was used mainly cause it was random but since is some what of an anti air assist it worked for the Hammer/Wesker set up but Dante will get hit by it if Air H is used instead and not time right.

*If P2 jumps away they will escaped the unblockable if Hammer is used but they won't if Air H/Wesker is used and time it as they are getting up otherwise they will jump the Samurai Edge and block Dante's Air H.

*If P2 jumps and calls and assist it pretty much impossible and will most likely get hit by the assist I guess not really impossible but when I was able to make it unblockable I will get hit by Thor if I try to continue.

*I tried using teleport but was kinda slow and gives them more time to escape even if you do 5A > Wesker > Teleport Thor will end up hitting both of us or they will be jumping already and should be able to punish the Teleport.

*Now for mix ups the Hammer won't work since they can just jump away instead Air H or Air M(if the char is small) is the move of choice.

*If you catch them on the jump you can grab them and start the combo from that.

*Taskmaster was really useful cause even if I got hit by the Thor assist Task will hit P2 and stop them from starting something also Task doesn't get hit by Thor cause he appear behind Dante unless you dash and call him then he will get hit.

*The Grapple set up is pretty good for mix ups since I could call Task > Teleport and start from there, however sometimes Thor will stop me but if you wait for him to come out you could get a Happy Birthday.

*Acid Rain is too slow and they will get up before you even shoot them out.

So yeah that's pretty much all I gather hope this helps any other ideas I should try out or am I missing something ^.^

Soran

Smash Ace
Want to mmx speed run race?
I thought we were talking abuut Ninja Gaiden .___.

sorry. I suck at Mega Man hard. remember when I said I used action-replay for MMZ3? I still never beat it. but that's because I still try to get all the chips and end up failing.

I'm a little bit disenchanted because my post count is now 624. I wish I noticed it sooner when it was 623...

SUREYOUCAN!

Oh yeah, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcvLzK2Yu4

resTy

Smash Champion
Dude, Tsukiyo is freakin adorable. When I saw her anime form, I nearly died. Minami used to be my favorite until they completely dropped her from the face of the Earth. Airi is also up there.

You know what? I like all the girls pretty evenly. They are all too awesome :3

BPx

Smash Lord
Games at jokers tomorrow night? I'd like some practice before I go to siis alone *cough greg tony dustin are jerks Q.Q*

so everyone show up kk?

THuGz

Smash Lord
1) The result of the poll has nothing to do with what will happen
2) Anyone who looks at that poll and thinks "wow metaknight should be banned" is a ****** who doesn't understand that obviously the majority of people have something to gain by banning the best character in any game, and with enough sensationalism enough people will hate the best chars enough to want to ban them
3) Everyone remember our money matches? :cool: :069:

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MK Ban: GOOD! Now people can stop crunching, and go back to their mains :-P Way too many people have or had switched to MK. It was getting mad crazy :-\... Especially with finals becoming MK dominated at the top 3 spots.

Top Bottom