• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

zebra

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you are trolling or not, but it seems like you can't read or understand English. We've told you all the info and all of it is on front page.
I can't tell if Joker is trolling, but I only play melee, so if there's anyone who would be willing to play with me/do a melee tourney on Saturday or at any day at this thing (THE THING OF THE FRONT PAGE, IT TALKS ABOUT APRIL BUT IT'S SEPTEMBER AND I'M 12 AND WHAT IS MONTHS), then you guys should let me know or something. I just said that I was disappointed because Joker said that they really only play Brawl...

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I can't tell if Joker is trolling, but I only play melee, so if there's anyone who would be willing to play with me/do a melee tourney on Saturday or at any day at this thing (THE THING OF THE FRONT PAGE, IT TALKS ABOUT APRIL BUT IT'S SEPTEMBER AND I'M 12 AND WHAT IS MONTHS), then you guys should let me know or something. I just said that I was disappointed because Joker said that they really only play Brawl...
Well you really didn't tell us what game you played. This is a Brawl dominate State, but there are only few of us that plays Melee. This weekend is a Smashfest where people play both. Hope that clears it up.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Melee in Iowa? Fetus in Iowa?

BOLT VS ROb MM!?
lol like he'd actually pay me

Soo do you guys play real games like Melee or just Brawl or something? Is there an entry fee/Is this a smashfest or a tournament/Are there teams/Why am I asking so many questions?
Iowa plays brawl mostly, but they are getting back into melee, if you are out of practice or average, you should be fine, Joker is a good quality player, so is bolt if he can get the kitchen sink from out of his butt. Someone get scrubnbubbles.

If Nebraska actually decides to take me to this thing, it may be worth your effort to come. JBM is one of the top players in the Midwest. I'd play you but I'm only kinda good and I'm a brawl player :troll:.

I don't know if you are trolling or not, but it seems like you can't read or understand English. We've told you all the info and all of it is on front page.
obvious he's trolling

I miss XenoStar.]
Maybe you should login for him.

I can't tell if Joker is trolling. I just said that I was disappointed because Joker said that they really only play Brawl...
Obviously.

Melee is old and sucks. Who plays that 10 year old game rofl.

This. You gotta play games that are 18-24 years old to be good enough. Video games are like vodka. Gotta drink them before they go bad, but if you wait long enough, they will still get you drunk.

Edit: Seriously, when I put :troll: I don't want a ****ing lame internet troll face, god damnit .

Soran

Smash Ace
I'd be down for caffrin. I be getting that... sometime... idk when. lol soon?

EDIT: Fusion Reborn is the best DBZ movie. Videl is the best femme char. Who cares if she's useless. She's nice to look at. It's really her hair. Every femme character has... not my preferred Toriyama-style hair.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
**** smash, play Caffrin.

btw, Caffrin setup joker, y/n?
You must be really bored.

Melee is old and sucks. Who plays that 10 year old game rofl.
"Waaaah, I can't win anymore! I QUIT!"

(THE THING OF THE FRONT PAGE, IT TALKS ABOUT APRIL BUT IT'S SEPTEMBER AND I'M 12 AND WHAT IS MONTHS)
What?

You will be able to play Melee I'm sure Saturday. However, a tournament in the state is probably not going to happen unless you put it together yourself, because this is a Brawl state and even that is dying.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
JBM told me he can't go this weekend.

David is hosting games tonight, so I'll ask sm3esh and those guys if they would want to go, but they would probably want incentive (tournament) to happen I'm guessing.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I was disappointed because Joker said that they really only play Brawl...
Yep pretty much since Brawl came out that's all Iowa plays maybe a bit of Melee here and there but nothing serious with that said according to Rob's post I think Omaha may not make it so Melee will probably won't happen and even if we did it will probably be like a 4 man tourney or maybe 10 if it's for $1 >.<

**** smash, play Caffrin.

btw, Caffrin setup joker, y/n?
Caffrin?
I think I know what you talking about o.0

I wish you could test my Dante ideas for me Christian!

:phone:
I could >.0

And on that subject Vergil does use the Force Edge and is when he does the Stinger also Dante's air S is Vergil's down C and Dante's Killer Bee (QCF+L in the air) is Vergil's S ^.^

Jayford

Smash Lord
Thats my secret. If you quit then you'll be known as a quitter and not a loser. Thats my plan for Skullgirls. I'm gonna do really well when the game comes out then fade into the sunset when people learn how to play. This is what Tom Brady should have done, but instead he kept playing and losing.

zebra

Smash Cadet

What?

You will be able to play Melee I'm sure Saturday. However, a tournament in the state is probably not going to happen unless you put it together yourself, because this is a Brawl state and even that is dying.
Being a TO... Hmm... What would everyone's interest in a Melee tournament be?

lol like he'd actually pay me

Iowa plays brawl mostly, but they are getting back into melee, if you are out of practice or average, you should be fine, Joker is a good quality player, so is bolt if he can get the kitchen sink from out of his butt. Someone get scrubnbubbles.
Don't want to have this "fight", but Melee is obviously a superior game. You guys should try it some time.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well without NE that's like 2-3 if that unless like I mention if it's a $1 tourney then maybe you will get more but in that case I rather not have it.

but Melee is obviously a superior game. You guys should try it some time.
Been there done that people always say Melee is better but in all fairness both games have their ups and downs I have play both of them long enough to know that and if you talking about superior game anything is superior to Smash be it FPS(Halo), Fighters(Street Fighter), or RTS(StarCraft).

resTy

Smash Champion

Don't want to have this "fight", but Melee is obviously a superior game. You guys should try it some time.
lol. Is this guy me from 2009-2010? Melee vs Brawl shit is so 2000 and late bro. I used to bring it there literally every single day. Unfortunately, some of the remnants of that time have been deleted, hence, there being a ton of pages missing from this thread.

As for this get together. I may or may not creep. It will be a surprise I guess. If I come, I'll play Melee with you and whoever else wants to play. I'll enter a small tournament if it's during the day as I have another place I need to be at night, assuming I come.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I just died a little inside.
I know right when you find out you been playing the wrong game all along o.0

@Tyser: Do you read The World Only God Knows manga I was going to start reading it but I want to start where the 2nd season of the anime ended but not sure where or maybe Uli will know >.<

resTy

Smash Champion
Chapter 42 is exactly the beginning after Season 2 of the Anime. There are some random funny chapters prior to this that weren't in the anime though. I recommend reading Chapter 34. It's great :3

Also, in the anime, when Haqua and Keima are in the church searching for the runaway spirit and she admits she hasn't captured any spirits yet, she just grabs his arm and it's lame. In the manga, she hugged him and it was so :3 I hated that they didn't include this tiny detail >:O

P.S. Ayumi is top tier but haters will hate.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lmao Joker. <3

Smash is a party game guys.

Also you know a game is bad when Jay is good at it. So I'm going to wait until he quits to pick it up.

§chizm

Smash Lord

I'm one of the few people who still play Melee so I'd probably join. It more or less depends on whose coming.

Also everyone around here played Melee for a long time (before you even joined the boards actually :awesome:), people just got tired of it.

Been there done that people always say Melee is better but in all fairness both games have their ups and downs I have play both of them long enough to know that and if you talking about superior game anything is superior to Smash be it FPS(Halo), Fighters(Street Fighter), or RTS(StarCraft).
Trufax.
But Halo is pretty much the worst example. It's basically the Smash of FPS games.

Lmao Joker. <3

Smash is a party game guys.

Also you know a game is bad when Jay is good at it. So I'm going to wait until he quits to pick it up.
"This game is *** because people like you are good at it."
yes joker is reading the world god only knows :3
Bad. <3

I'll be there Saturday but I may or may not be leaving at night.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'm usually nice to people on the Boards, but Zebra, you gave off a very bad first impression, so you're on my shit list. Sorry bro.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

I would be interested.

I don't know why you quoted me as someone who doesn't play melee, I'm 100% sure I would whoop you pretty hard, as I play melee like 1-5 times a week depending on people hosting/w33d having.

Brawl singles IMO, is better than melee singles so long as you aren't getting CG'd. For people talking about how gay brawl is, melee singles is just as gay and has more gay things (CC, ledge shield gimps) and you can play just as campy in brawl as in melee, and you get punished harder.

Melee doubles IMO, is better than brawl doubles. I don't have an example for this, though, this one is just personal taste.

anything is superior to Smash be it FPS(Halo), Fighters(Street Fighter), or RTS(StarCraft).
FPS's are bad, it's not just Halo.

New fighters are bad. Like current gen sports games, the companies haven't figured out how to make the games look/feel competent. Last good SF was 3S. I'd argue Tekken 5 to be the last good fighting game, and that was PS2.

I don't play RTS so I don't have an opinion.

zebra

Smash Cadet

Also everyone around here played Melee for a long time (before you even joined the boards actually :awesome:), people just got tired of it.
That's cool, I actually had a boards account in 2006 ish, but I forgot the login =/... And yeah, I'll probably never end up coming to any of these because of lack of Melee

I'm usually nice to people on the Boards, but Zebra, you gave off a very bad first impression, so you're on my shit list. Sorry bro.
I love melee, and I love the Smash community... Just because I have a really weird sense of humor people can never tell whether I'm joking... Anyway, I could really care less about your "**** list", because you don't even know me, yet you judge me just because you hate Melee.

If any of you guys ever wanna chill/play melee, just pm/vm me, otherwise I'll probably not be on this thread at all...

Nice meeting you brawl people.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i might be there, i got a buncha **** goin on around mid day saturday, if it finishes up early enough i could probably show up around 9ish?

...oh and brood war >>>>>>> smash

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I love melee, and I love the Smash community... Just because I have a really weird sense of humor people can never tell whether I'm joking... Anyway, I could really care less about your "**** list", because you don't even know me, yet you judge me just because you hate Melee.
Did I say I hate Melee? I'm just judging you honestly on the way you kept asking the same question over and over again. Learn to read/understand English.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I would be interested.

I don't know why you quoted me as someone who doesn't play melee, I'm 100% sure I would whoop you pretty hard, as I play melee like 1-5 times a week depending on people hosting/w33d having.

Brawl singles IMO, is better than melee singles so long as you aren't getting CG'd. For people talking about how gay brawl is, melee singles is just as gay and has more gay things (CC, ledge shield gimps) and you can play just as campy in brawl as in melee, and you get punished harder.

Melee doubles IMO, is better than brawl doubles. I don't have an example for this, though, this one is just personal taste.

FPS's are bad, it's not just Halo.

New fighters are bad. Like current gen sports games, the companies haven't figured out how to make the games look/feel competent. Last good SF was 3S. I'd argue Tekken 5 to be the last good fighting game, and that was PS2.

I don't play RTS so I don't have an opinion.
New fighters are bad because companies either forgot or never learned how to make them. Most of Capcom's games are outsourced to Dimps or Eighting, others decided they need to appeal to casuals. There's actually quite a few interesting anomalies that were bred in Marvel and SF4 that pretty much spawn from unconventional programming approaches to fighters that led to problems, which led to bandaid fixes, which leads to sloppy games.

But you really can't talk. You liked MK. :3

Melee is gay, and a party game. There are some mistakes worth making though~ Brawl is 8 minutes of tedious play, Melee can be much more then that when played with the right characters at the right levels.

FPS and RTS games fall under the same overrated junk that is popularized by its international accessibility, aka PC gaming, doesn't mean they can't be made well.

Also Zebra is 12 and apparently doesn't understand that Melee is going on this weekend. Its a good thing us Brawl players just love bad games.

Top Bottom