• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
only neutrals is how the game should be played(IMO), but brawl is about gaying your opponent out as much as the "rule gods" will allow, i guess.
You love the game too much. Just play it as it is. Like said in previous posts, make your own tourney and have you're own set of rules.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I don't like the logic that a player's goal is to earn a skewed win or advantage from winning the first neutral game. The counterpicking player does not get much a choice after he loses the first game.

Honestly I think if the person who loses the first game decides to go to a neutral, he negates the opponents ability to pick a counterpick for the last game. That way if you want to counterpick, you must be confident you can handle your opponents cp as well. Otherwise you can choose to play all neutrals, this shouldn't be a problem.

BPx

Smash Lord
i believe i was the one that said that in a previous post greg, looooooooool. so maybe i will, its not like i'm not going to go to jokers anymore, i'm just saying picto is dumb, and debating my logical opinions why i think so. all i've gotten back so far is "I'M ROB ITS COOL WINNING BECAUSE YOU JOHN ABOUT GETTING HIT BY RANDOM STUFF I THINK THAT'S COOL"

BPx

Smash Lord
honestly i think if the person who loses the first game decides to go to a neutral, he negates the opponents ability to pick a counterpick for the last game. That way if you want to counterpick, you must be confident you can handle your opponents cp as well. Otherwise you can choose to play all neutrals, this shouldn't be a problem.
this rule would make brawl soooo much better

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Okay, Tager is really the only bad char in BB.
I don't actually think hes a bad character, hes got a lot of good stuff theoretically.

Its just that certain matchups are stupid for him, and SBO does not allow counterpicking.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Let's just play on 3 stages!

But no seriously, why are we even having an argument on stages? At the end of the day, like I said 2 posts or so ago, it's Joker's tournament, and while I agree that if we're banning something for being random (we should ban all the randomness), it's not going to change unless people ***** enough or Joker just feels like changing it.

Soran

Smash Ace
Mmmmm... Hmmmmm. I agree . . .

What are neutrals again? Like, is SV the only neutral stage? We should all just play SV.
Only stage : D I honestly don't see why MK is so OP... I just don't. Also, I thought Olimar was a bad match-up for MK.

Marth is the best.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
all i've gotten back so far is "I'M ROB ITS COOL WINNING BECAUSE YOU JOHN ABOUT GETTING HIT BY RANDOM STUFF I THINK THAT'S COOL"
hahaha, 9/10.

Also, Delfino is a stage I've won the most against you (you did win the best double reverse timeout match ever), pictochat may not even be #2, Yoshi's is a great wolf level too.

2/10.

Let's just play on 3 stages!
This! Ban Johnville!

Soran

Smash Ace
I mean, anybody can **** me at BB. I'm simply not that good.

I play with really good people but I'm still not on their level. Mainly because I don't fully apply myself to certain situation. I need to really think about the game. I can't just press buttons (yet). I don't know certain good mix-ups and pressure and also hit-confirms poop on me. I always do weak combos when I could surely whip out at least 4k. meh. I love CS2 and to me, BB got better with each update.

OMG BF3 OPEN BETA THIS THURSDAY!

Also: Blank, where art thou?

Because I'd like to test our connection over PSN. Maybe you can whoop me in AH3 because I like this game a lot. But only if our connection is strong.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I don't really see whats wrong with just getting accustomed to 3-5 stages. Just means you'll have to learn them that much better.

The idea here is that the person who wins 1st game shouldn't get a skewed win for winning the first game, even if the opponent chooses not to take his. The advantage for winning your first game should be...that you won your first game. Derp, why is smash one of the only games that takes this further?

BPx

Smash Lord
yes rob, i agree, you have beat me legitimately on delfino many times. but when you downsmash me at 50 and i get stage spiked by a STAGE SPIKE OUT OF NO WHERE? looooooooooool cy@

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@Soran I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. Then I'm going to San Diego, then back to Vegas. I won't be home til December most likely.

Soran

Smash Ace
DEVASTATION!?

what is in San Diego? my cousin lives there.

Oh, and about melee stages: I have no problem with them.

I don't know the full list but Brinstar (thanks, QRS for Brinstar training) is pretty fun. RC is cool because I played there on wiifii a lot to get use to the 'official' stage list.

Soran

Smash Ace
business? for what?

I hope there are more games in the future. sorry Ngamer (not that you care at all[I mean, about my lack of presence]) but I'm not going to be able to go with you this weekend. I realized I made prior engagements and I don't think it would be right to dump them for this thing which I'd be loosing a lot of money at anyway.

Anything past dec. would be GREAT! I could show everybody the greatness that is: Gundam Extreme Vs. I'll bring a setup so I can just play that and socialize awkwardly with everybody ^o^ and anybody else who'd like to try it can! and then everybody can buy it! and then we can do tournaments! yeah~

; )

Soran

Smash Ace
but you and I aren't fb friends .o.

rofl @ you calling me "kid"

i'm fine with that. I'm 12.. in the head.. anyway.

PortCity

Smash Ace
This thread is the craziest thing ever....someone says something innocuous...and the WHOLE THREAD blows up in less than 10 minutes...

@Joker: I have no problem teaming with you if Bpx can't come and OOS shows up, but if it is just Iowa and NE then we can chill. I'll team with Skizm in that case.

@Cook: I think you missed the point of Prisoner's Dilemma. It says that from a utility maximization aka rationality standpoint, if someone plays ANY other character than MK it is best for you to choose MK and dominate them. However, the other person knows this, and says "Hey I'll pick MK also!", so you both lose...you fight the ditto... That argument setup my MAIN point which was character diversity. We would have seen a wide variety without MK had he been banned earlier. I'm glad he is, but I fear it is too late. You are right, that are no MK players here, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be banned.

@Bpx: LOL...you starting drama hahaha....plus, for once, you actually missed Joker's point. He said we don't play top teirs, but you know what he meant. He was talking about in tournament. None of us play MK in tourney, except sometimes CBK and sometimes Skizm (even though I have never seen him do it).

@Yink: Hi, little lady. How are you doing?

Soran

Smash Ace
you'd be stupid not to play top tier. even I play top tier! and I don't even play this game..

I should though. I enjoy playing it with people like you guys ^^ (people who take the game for cereal and do awesome)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What? We ALL play TOP tiers... just not God tier...
You gotta take Joker's response out of context though. In this case Cook's topic was MK, so Joker was probably referencing him.

If I move to Omaha I'm going to train with Gamegenie until he beats all of you for ****s and giggles.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I didn't just relook at the OP, but both GG's and JJ's are on there.

Counterpicks:

-Jungle Japes
-Green Greens
Lol let me fix my face, sorry I forgot to edit the stage list >.<

because not even these friends that "old school iowa" met want to drive out here anymore, except cook<3.
Well it's not like they are obligated to come plus my tourneys is pretty much a local tourney so when there's bigger tourneys around why come to a small tourney when you will get more out of the bigger one.

Iowa has good players, but no one seems to care enough to save money/take weekends off/insert other johns/go to tourneys consistently anymore but colin and i...
Joker: Do to some issues I can't really get money.
Pcity: Unless the tourney is on Sunday or mine he can't make Saturday ones.
CBK: Until recently he was working full time and now is saving for Japan or better stuff.
Greg: Doesn't really play the game.
Kudou: Same.
Dustin: Quit.

I'll be the first to say that I'm sad I can't attend to tourneys but what can you do T.T

brinstar and halberd are 100% timed, and predictable, pictochat is random, and willl kill people(aka the reason i've lost TWO sets to you rob...)

and by that logic, am i only supposed to stand ON THE GROUND in the first 3/4 of the stage?
That's why is a CP to stop you from jumping around is what CP do.

Brinstar: Not really timed but you can see the Acid coming up so is predictable.
Halbert: From lift up to it lands again is all timed after that the Claw, Bomb and the beam are random also you may get all 3 to activate before lift off again but may just get 1 then lift off.
Pictochat: Yes random but the left side is the safest play to be plus not sure but there's a time in between when the next transformation will be.

How about people just play on neutrals. Counter picks are for scared people.
Agreed.

but when you downsmash me at 50 and i get stage spiked by a STAGE SPIKE OUT OF NO WHERE? looooooooooool cy@
Learn to tech >.<
I mean do you know how many times me and Greg have tech on Pictochat when things appear at "random"

This thread is the craziest thing ever....someone says something innocuous...and the WHOLE THREAD blows up in less than 10 minutes...
I love my thread <3

@Joker: I have no problem teaming with you if Bpx can't come and OOS shows up, but if it is just Iowa and NE then we can chill. I'll team with Skizm in that case.
Yeah I was actually thinking the same thing.

@Bpx: LOL...you starting drama hahaha....
So refreshing ^.^

You gotta take Joker's response out of context though. In this case Cook's topic was MK, so Joker was probably referencing him.
This.

Top Bottom