• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
For any of you cool cats going to AI this year, I hope you enjoy my cosplay and stuff LOL.

Also Jay it's a good thing you're not going, you won't get ganged up on by two Ike mains again lmao.

Soran

Smash Ace
For any of you cool cats going to AI this year, I hope you enjoy my cosplay and stuff LOL.

Also Jay it's a good thing you're not going, you won't get ganged up on by two Ike mains again lmao.
HYPE!

who IS all going o.O?

Soran

Smash Ace

Hey, I just realized... one of those Ikes was me : P

and I find your avatar visually stimulating.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I finally got my PS3 back actually I got it back last Saturday >.<

So between my tourney and the one in Kansas I don't know which one to go yet I'll have to talk to some people specially Peeks since he was coming down also if people like Ngamer and Jay want to go since if i did went I'll probably just enter MvC3 so yeah I have to figure some stuff out.

Uli

Smash Champion
Everyone should come to the Marvel/AE tourny at coli in omaha on august 5th :3

also Hyuna is sooooooooooooooooooooooo fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
HYPE!

who IS all going o.O?
You're going to AI?

Because if so, you are a narcissistic, ignorant, immature, stereotypical internet child being and I want nothing to do with you. You're also obnoxious and unpleasant.

I won't be getting wasted, as I am too poor and someone would **** me. After AI I probably won't be attending anything for a good time. Life hit me pretty hard, and self-sacrifice alone isn't going to cut it if I want to make Project Samsara the best it can be.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I see the writing on the wall. I hope it doesn't come true, but it looks like Brawl in Des Moines is about to officially die. :( Will someone step up and save it? ... PLEASE!

Kuares

Pizza
I see the writing on the wall. I hope it doesn't come true, but it looks like Brawl in Des Moines is about to officially die. :( Will someone step up and save it? ... PLEASE!
Well, I'm going to ISU this coming school year, but that means that the IC guys are going to have to pick it up in Eastern Iowa. Which means stuff has to happen, I dunno.

I'm still waiting on those videos : /

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well, I'm going to ISU this coming school year, but that means that the IC guys are going to have to pick it up in Eastern Iowa. Which means stuff has to happen, I dunno.

I'm still waiting on those videos : /
Sorry about that, I'll try to upload them later this week. I was specifically talking about Brawl in Des Moines though. Brawl in Ames will be thriving. Me, Colin, Dustin, Brandon, Bolt, and now you will all be in Ames. That leaves only a few people in DSM.

BPx

Smash Lord
Wow, QRS coming to ISU too? We are going to be sooooooooo legit. I'm pumped :D Becca said she wanted to start playing with us again too.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well it is kinda the opposite...

Joker is losing interest and wants to focus more on Marvel, Greg is 100% in support of that decision :), Skizm is chilling and will play whatever, and CBK is still stuck without a car. That is the DSM brawl scene right there.

In Ames it is Me, Dustin, Brandon, Colin, Bolt, Becca, Qrs?!?! possibly NGamer ?!?! and/or even Blank ?!?! So, the Ames side is stacked. I'm just worried that Brawl will die in DSM and we won't see those guys much when we start hosting again :( ... I like playing with them.

§chizm

Smash Lord
You lost in Mario Party, as well.

Never forget...
I can never get people to play Mario Party, except Christian. Bullllshiiit.
So who all going to AI this year?
This guy.
HNNNNGGGGGGGGG.
I'd be up for it, I've been wanting to get nerd at AE :bee:.
You're going to AI?

I won't be getting wasted, as I am too poor and someone would **** me. After AI I probably won't be attending anything for a good time. Life hit me pretty hard, and self-sacrifice alone isn't going to cut it if I want to make Project Samsara the best it can be.
You're obv welcome to creep alcohols lolol.
What the hell is Project Samsara?

Wow, QRS coming to ISU too? We are going to be sooooooooo legit. I'm pumped :D Becca said she wanted to start playing with us again too.
I'm pretty much in Ames/Des Moines equal amounts anymore. :glasses:

PortCity

Smash Ace
In other news...the Metagame Minute this week, is out of this world...

I LOVE MY CHARACTER...been rocking him since day 1 :) ... we have gotten past Snakes and we are coming for that nasty flying bat :)

Soran

Smash Ace
You're going to AI?

Because if so, you are a narcissistic, ignorant, immature, stereotypical internet child being and I want nothing to do with you. You're also obnoxious and unpleasant.

My scouter detects a salt level of over nine thousand.

Gawrsh, don't take the internet so cereal. It's worldly known I'm bad at games anyhow ; P

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Response with bad memes, just keep proving that I have no reason to tolerate you.

Edit: Skizm your avatar should be Ono's Blanka doll.

PortCity

Smash Ace
OMG...lol....I propose a new rule. In order to get on the sticks, your team must:

1. Call "Next"
2. Commentate for the current set.

LOL...that was the funniest stuff tonight :)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker stole my avatar.
It was too cute to resist <3

I think Ngamer said he was interested on going to this one but he wasn't sure yet but if he does decide to go I'll tag with him >.0

and someone would **** me.
My bad T.T

To be fair Brawl in DM has never had a scene the only ones who really took the game serious was me and CBK but then CBK was busy with work and such so really it came down to me to help the scene so then all the players came from outside DM. Also talking about before Colin and them join the Brawl ^.^

Joker is losing interest and wants to focus more on Marvel
I just don't want to play singles with you guys since you don't like playing it I do want to put more time into Marvel however if Ngamer and them do come to Ames chances are they will drive down with you guys then I can play singles with them and actually have someone to play with but hear my words if I'm playing say QRS and someone comes when we are playing and asks for doubles I swear to god I'm going to lose it :mad:

So I'm gonna have to drive like 4 hours to play brawl now :/
This is the way I look at it go to Ames for Doubles come to DM for Singles or until sekou shows up >.>

PortCity

Smash Ace
---LONG Post Alert---

@Joker:

DISCLAIMER:

First and foremost, you are my friend and I care about you. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time writing these posts. I am about to be brutally honest and won't mince words, however know it is NOT meant to offend but ONLY meant to explain my point.

Topic 1: Not Playing Singles With the "Ames Crew"

This whole she-bang started last week when Me, Mara, Dustin, and Bpx were on the back tv playing doubles and asked could we use the dual-screens. I don't want to go too far into that, but you told us "no, were playing singles" and it eventually got down to you requesting to play singles with Mara. That would have been cool, had we not been about to start a set. We all wanted to play that set because we were having some REALLY good matches. It also didn't help that you told us no when no one was playing on the tvs at that time. You guys were actually standing and talking. We sucked it up, and continued playing on the back tv. We finished our set, but we were so into our matches that we just kept playing. You didn't mention playing singles again, so I thought all was cool, however...

As a result of this incident you no longer want to play singles with us because you claim and I quote "you don't like playing it". That comment is ONLY true for PORTCITY. Mara, Dustin, Bpx, and Colin all enjoy singles. They are willing to play with you and all of them are good at it. I especially don't see why you would punish Colin. He wasn't there that day AND he openly says he enjoys singles because of a number of reasons including "you don't have to worry about a teammate". <- That is one of the same reasons YOU like singles. Why not play with him, is he guilty by association? Also, even IF we tried to screw you over, what happened to forgive and forget? Why not say your peace and be done with it, instead of trying to punish us by not playing singles matches?

Topic 2 in the next post

BigMara

Smash Rookie

I just don't want to play singles with you guys since you don't like playing it I do want to put more time into Marvel however if Ngamer and them do come to Ames chances are they will drive down with you guys then I can play singles with them and actually have someone to play with but hear my words if I'm playing say QRS and someone comes when we are playing and asks for doubles I swear to god I'm going to lose it :mad:

This is the way I look at it go to Ames for Doubles come to DM for Singles or until sekou shows up >.>
Well while we wait for the inevitable calculated, well thought out, and takes me 30 mins to sit and think on what to say response from the Sit n' P, I'll like to point out that the Bman + Mara team is going on an undefeatable streak the next time we come to Des Moines. Couldn't team with him last time cuz Pcity likes stealing my partner (among other stuff) but making plans to do it big the next time we show up. :cool:

PortCity

Smash Ace
---LONG Post Alert---

@Joker:

DISCLAIMER:

First and foremost, you are my friend and I care about you. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time writing these posts. I am about to be brutally honest and won't mince words, however know it is NOT meant to offend but ONLY meant to explain my point.

Topic 2: My Opinion On the Real Problem

We actually talked about this whole doubles vs. singles thing a few days ago and you said something that I believe is the REAL problem. You said when Razor was here you had someone who could play a variety of characters and could challenge you. You got good while he was here, and when he left you haven't improved much. To me THIS is the issue. Razor is an easy going guy, but now that he is gone, the only people who are a real challenge to you are people who, for the most part, are nothing like Razor. Razor was a perfect sparing partner; good, smart, patient, willing to talk, could develop strategies, consistent as hell, and had a genuine drive to get better. You really enjoy playing singles with Razor. It was painfully evident when I watched you guys play and interact last time he was here a few weeks ago. You were smiling, talking, and happy no matter the outcome of the match. As for me as a sparing partner, I'm better, but my personality during matches is for lack of a better word "ghetto" AND I only play 2 characters well. Brandon plays more characters, but isn't as good (but getting HELLA close) and doesn't like playing your non-primary characters. Bpx only enjoys playing your mains Snake and MK , and only occasionally your other characters. Also, Bpx will lose some singles matches and want to switch characters and play someone else. I know and agree that can be annoying. I could go on and on with how each person isn't like Razor and therefore can't "fit the bill". TL:DR YOU MISS YOUR FRIEND. SOOOOoooo.....

As a result of not having a solid replacement sparing partner, you have lost desire IN THE GAME AS A WHOLE. That to me is the main problem, and with that comes the symptoms: you don't practice, you haven't improved, and your attitude has generally changed for the worse. Why threaten your friends and say you will go off on them if they want YOU to play doubles with THEM? They like YOU, they respect YOU, they want to play with YOU. Would you threaten your girlfriend if she wanted to spend time with you doing something she liked but you didn't enjoy as much? The abstract concept is the same. All you have to do is say "sure, let me play some more singles" or "no, i don't feel like it" or something just as polite. However, because of the change in your attitude, it makes you say stuff like that and other things. A prime example. During that discussion about Razor, I mentioned "Why not play me in singles? I'm better." You said because I'm , in your words, "a doubles player". Now that makes all kinds of sense, and is true, except the point I was trying to make had to do with us playing so you can get better. To be honest (not trying to be offensive), as it stands right now, and for almost an entire year, I have been and am better than you at doubles AND singles. I have not lost a set to you in any of the Sunday tournaments including the one I had for Labor Day, and the past 2 Eastern Iowa ones. I'm good enough to the point that even the doubles practice you get against my Diddy is enough for you. You haven't had any problems with another Diddy player in a LONG time. So if the purpose is to "get better", why not play a better player...period? That is why I believe it boils down to either you don't like me or you don't like the game anymore. I believe you when you say I am your friend, so I think it really boils down to you not enjoying the game as much, again, because of no Razor.

---Begin Alter Call---

---Begin Soft Piano Playing---

Joker the point is, stop tripping :). We want to play singles with you, we want to hang out with you, play doubles, talk about stupid stuff, listen to you commentate your own matches :), etc. We can't be Razor, personality wise, but we definitely can help you get better and have some fun doing it. Even if I wasted both posts and I have it COMPLETELY wrong, the point is, WE...Mara, PortCity Bpx, N_o_M, and Wang all want to keep playing with you. Life continues on, so let's enjoy these Brawl days while we can :-D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol like I've ever played dubs in brawl (melee dubs I'm pretty godly at). Joker I'd be willing to sit and play nothing but singles with you, but last time I was in DM no one wanted to play singles. I realize you and Yink were straight rolling mofo's and I respect that, but I did want to play you in a few matches and I cried all the way home to Omaha.

Then I made Pcity play me in a set and he was like "Welp, dubs!" I can kinda see whats up with the frustration of wanting to get singles practice and only being able to play doubles.

Also, I found it weird that Pcity say BPOW doesn't like playing secondaries, last time I was in town he played Wario/MK against my non-Wolf the majority of the time and he told me that's how he wanted to do it. Perhaps Wario/Wolf is too gay to play in non-tournament settings, and maybe him playing Joker often would make him see through secondaries he plays often, but I think Joker's Marth is probably better than his MK.

:toonlink: :drmario: Good to know that you aren't quitting, Joker.

My falco vs your wolf 5$

Otherwise, no MM.
I already said I probably wouldn't play Wolf vs Falco, Marth would be the character you'd be playing.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MegaRobMan: To my defense :), I had nothing to do with Yink and Joker playing doubles. The Brawl Clinic they were putting on started WELLLLL before I got there :)...and N_o_M wanted a teammate on the big screen, so he recruited me soon after I showed up. I barely put my laptop down and was already approached to play doubles. I also played at least 2 sets a piece with you and Thugz, giving ya'll pointers and such. After all that, THEN I was like "Welp, dubs!" :-D

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Pcity: First off lol moment I was reading your second post about Razor and I was listening to some music in my PSP (Shuffle) when Total Eclipse Of The Heart comes up and I lol but then a tear roll down my cheek T.T
Don't ask why I have that song >.<

Long post is long :urg:

Now the whole thing about me not playing singles didn't started cause of you guys last week I have actually thought about it for a while now but after what happen the other week that was the last drop.

Sets, I only care if someone wants to jump in but you guys where pretty much playing all night I figure I should ask to play some singles cause I'll get some good practice while the adrenaline is going but get shut down cause even though I will have got like a set max you guys where like no man we want to play more.

Now the whole thing about you guys don't liking singles comes from what I have seen when you play Singles/Doubles. When I play Brandon I don't care if he switches characters hell I get to try some random stuff on some others chars I do get annoyed when Brandon does it in doubles but I'm not annoyed by him but by you(Pcity). "Don't waste my time" who do you think you are? or has those 2 tourneys you won gone over your head that you feel the need to tell people what to play it didn't bother me when he did it in Singles I don't see why it would in doubles but the mighty Pcity says is a waste for him. . . . . . whatever.

The other thing is when people play doubles even if they are losing they keep on trying they get one win and fuels the fire even when they switch chars they are still trying cause when they do something that causes the lost they apologize for their performance and you don't really do that unless you where trying with that char. For singles I play Colin and them but give me a set or two and I can tell they go really hard the first set but sorta lose hope afterwords or something they just play way different then the first times even after a win the mood doesn't change, I know that mood all to well I use to get it from Reece when we played and he will tell me after a while he wouldn't even try or care anymore same goes for my bro and people I used to play.

Sure Colin says he likes playing singles same goes for Brandon and Dustin but seriously if you try to count the times we play Singles to Doubles we would have played way more doubles the other thing when I'm playing singles with them I get to hear "Want to play Doubles" sigh this right there is a sign that they are done playing Singles I rarely hear "Want to play Singles" hell the only time I really get to hear it is when people aren't playing doubles cause one person is missing for it or no one really wants to play so why not plus is not like there wasn't enough set ups back then I had two Wii's ready to go sure it broke down but now Dusting brings his so not having enough set ups isn't an excuse.

Forgive and forget is that like turning the other cheek cause god knows I been doing that my whole life.

More about the second topic I just don't trust this laptop and may freeze on me >.<

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
lol like I've ever played dubs in brawl (melee dubs I'm pretty godly at). Joker I'd be willing to sit and play nothing but singles with you, but last time I was in DM no one wanted to play singles. I realize you and Yink were straight rolling mofo's and I respect that, but I did want to play you in a few matches and I cried all the way home to Omaha.
Y'know, it's totally okay to just tell me to stop playing lol. And, I DID get some singles in myself last time I was there.

It's my fault anyway for not visiting DM very often, so, sorry.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Y'know, it's totally okay to just tell me to stop playing lol. And, I DID get some singles in myself last time I was there.

It's my fault anyway for not visiting DM very often, so, sorry.
Actually I was at fault I knew that Yink was coming that day and decided to just play dubs with her all day with the occasional singles match here and there.

MOTHER Gear Solid ^.^

BPx

Smash Lord
[18:08] ultima743: joker needs to realize
[18:08] ultima743: singles = 2 people
[18:08] ultima743: doubles = 4 people
[18:09] ultima743: i don't think he gets it
[18:09] Masterkou: preach!
[18:09] ultima743: because we have 4-8 people over there all the time
[18:09] ultima743: and making that many people sit there is stupid
[18:09] ultima743: why not let everyone play as much as possible

this is my major point... I like playing with all of you guys... why not play with 3 others at a time instead of 1? you need to hop on the polyamorous bandwagon joker

"don't waste my time" is kind of annoying .... my DK was going hard!

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
about the whole thing...joker dont worry when i get a car you know ill come over most of week and will get better in doubles and singles....cuz its me CBK the kid who will come back to the brawl scene and will play and get better and show everyone how old school is gunna bring it back..^^v

but all in all next year when the wii-u comes out brawl will lose its fire...O_O its a stated fact....^_^v

Top Bottom