• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Soran

Smash Ace

PortCity

Smash Ace
Wow, those matches tonight were INTENSE! The level of skill was through the roof. Everyone was playing well, but when the matches are that hard it feels as if you are playing like crap. I felt like I played bad, Mara was like "I was the reason we lost all the matches. I got shut down by you and Dustin." I kinda giggled when he said that, because I felt like I got shut down by Him and Brandon. So yeah, we DEFINITELY have to keep that up, cause if we practice at such a high level, we might mess around and be ready for the big leagues. :-D

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Yea ggs it was fun to play with mara dat Tl.

Joker I left my hat and glasses there on the bed, I'll grab them next time we come over for games.

:phone:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
You're just going to tier *****. Stop lying to everyone and YOURSELF. For shame.
Hey man it's not my fault I know how to pick my chars >.0

Also they need to do another wal mart tourney so i can get both copies ^.^

So yeah, we DEFINITELY have to keep that up, cause if we practice at such a high level, we might mess around and be ready for the big leagues. :-D
I lol

PortCity

Smash Ace
You're the biggest target at the top spot. Everyone can be ready for you, but you can't be ready for everyone.
That is the REALEST quote I ever read on SmashBoards!

Anyway, Dustin and Brandon, if you guys are up to play today again, I'd be willing to to show up. If the matches are anything like they were last night, it will be well worth the time, money, effort, and gas :-D

BPx

Smash Lord
forreals tho, last night was the best quality practice i've probably ever had at jokers. twas good stuff

annd ghost rider looks really good

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I think I may play Street Fighter X Tekken and only because of Poison at least for now lol but if Bison makes it that's who I'll end up using Bison/Poison maybe Cammy <3

Also set a date for the next tourney seeing as is the week before school starts if I'm not mistaken o.0

By the way Jay you still coming tomorrow >.>

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Conflict on 13th

Colin(, Dustin???,) and I will be @ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305642

Idk who else would want to come, but we're going; I've already preregistered :-/

Would having the tourney Sunday be a possibility? <3 <3 <3
Well preregistering doesn't really do anything since a lot of people drop from tourneys after registering, Dustin said his B-day was the next day so he was thinking of staying but he wasn't sure.

But yeah I think we will have a pretty decent turn out since people who can't go there will probably come down here instead specially Grinnell and Cedar Rapids.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I think I may play Street Fighter X Tekken and only because of Poison at least for now lol but if Bison makes it that's who I'll end up using Bison/Poison maybe Cammy <3

Nope.

Conflict on 13th

Colin(, Dustin???,) and I will be @ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305642

Idk who else would want to come, but we're going; I've already preregistered :-/

Would having the tourney Sunday be a possibility? <3 <3 <3
O_o There's a SF tournament in KC that day as well. I wasn't initially going to go, but I might consider it if I myself don't have to drive, although there would obviously be other complications.

Jayford

Smash Lord

Also set a date for the next tourney seeing as is the week before school starts if I'm not mistaken o.0

By the way Jay you still coming tomorrow >.>
I'm not going to be able to make it up this weekend </3. I have some school stuff and other things I have to take care of this weekend =/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nope.

O_o There's a SF tournament in KC that day as well. I wasn't initially going to go, but I might consider it if I myself don't have to drive, although there would obviously be other complications.
You do know that the SF tourney is literally 5 minutes away from the one that BPOW posted, right?
I didn't until someone told me.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Is it the same one like last time o.0

I'm not going to be able to make it up this weekend </3. I have some school stuff and other things I have to take care of this weekend =/
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
You do know that the SF tourney is literally 5 minutes away from the one that BPOW posted, right?
I didn't until someone told me.
Sorry, I'm not well versed in KC geography, and I figured the two communities would not be too close.

Is it the same one like last time o.0

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
No, this is much bigger. I hear EMP will be there.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Joker, sad this is on the 13th when you could be going to Midwest Net warz in KC that day :(

Soran

Smash Ace
I played UMVC3.

I used Strider and that's it for the new characters.

I watched some hot Ghost Rider action and saw the same guy bust out in a different brand of fire.
Firebrand

I also played Street Fighter X Tekken and I used Kazuya and Ken. I didn't spend too much time on that but it was great fun. SFIV with combos. That's how I can describe it. Like, exactly the way it looks.

Strider is like Zero. Easy button but technical as well. Safe to say, I love him.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
No, this is much bigger. I hear EMP will be there.
Yeah joker you should really call a nah to ur tourney and attend the brawl/melee/mvc3 tourney in KC
I'm actually interested and mainly cause of MvC3 I'll have enter just that and not even bother with Brawl.

But I'm not sure at this moment since I already told Peeks my tourney was that day so yeah o.0

Soran

Smash Ace
Button pressing flows together smoothly(er) than SFIV.

I also played 3S and enjoyed all of its clunky glory.
SF is pretty clunky in general.
to me who hasn't/doesn't play it often

But yeah, SF X Tekken is good fun. Marvel is.. well, Marvel. X-factor is still the X-factor.
I also saw Dios X.

and Mike Ross Vs. Clockw0rk.

PortCity

Smash Ace
What is the brawl schedule looking like for this new week? We can play today (Sunday), but we have to leave by 8:30 to pick up bread donations for the less fortunate.

Shoutout to the return of Joker's Snake. We missed him! He was going hard, blowing suckas up left and right with C4 tricks :)

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Sekou and mara you better be ready for some mk practice. We will be up there soon ;-)

:phone:

Top Bottom