• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
People should just stop complaining about the trash talk. Grow up ffs. Deal with it, you'll encounter it in tournaments, if anything sek'ou is giving you good experience for later on.
First off I rarely hear trash talk in tourneys actually I have never heard anyone trash talk to me before maybe the people in the back but even then is more like them cheering the other person or something like that.

Now because of this why would I want trash talk experience I rather get actual game experience cause that will be WAY more useful then this trash talk.

So the difference between tourney and friendlies is just that friendlies. In tourney I'll probably won't even hear it but when we get together and play I don't see the need for it ok I'm just repeating myself the point is our game nights are mainly to practice imo so when I try something and get punish then get diss for it is like why do I even try. Same goes for stuff that would have happen anyways but get told off cause of it it's like "Yeah I was already dead why are you taking the credit o.0"

For the same reason I decided to just listen to music REALLY LOUD so then I'm on my own little world.

This is just the way I see things I may be the only one idk but just know that I don't hate you Sekou I like talking to you hanging out hell you do a bunch of stuff for me I consider you a really close friend is just that when it comes to playing Brawl I feel like we shouldn't be playing each other T.T
Unless I have music XD

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Well, Dylan said he had to work this Sunday, so he's not coming. I'll try to get my old friend Varun to show up. I'm not sure if he'd be willing.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'll keep toning down the trash talk. I was taking the Muhammad Ali approach, but apparently that ain't working either :) ... I just have no desire to play without talking. We will keep adjusting it, give a little take a little :-D

In the meantime, I'll make sure I give you guys good practice, you know to make up for having the hear my mouth :). In all honestly, in all the time I've been playing brawl, it seems that the level of competition and skill here is at its highest point.

@Joker: Awe, you don't hate me! That's sweet :-D ... now I just got to work on Brandon :-D lol

@Brandon: Do you hate me? (Insert Puppy Dog Face)

What is the deal with Sunday? Are people going, how many people are showing up? That way I can make an effort to pick up CBK and anyone else from DSM who need a ride.

Kuares

Pizza
Looks like I'll have a bunch of new guys coming today. I've said the tourney starts at 1 though.

I hope to see you guys(a little late to say it)*

:phone:

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Me and CBK don't make a DHC glitch. We have no team synergy.

Props to Dund for trolling Sekou- not an easy feat. We're going to level up these guys and bring a crew to take down Des Moines. That's right. LIKE THAT??? Joker I'm going to have better Dante execution than you the next time we meet. :) GGs

Sorry Gary for having a sailor's tongue the whole day. I can't control it!

/End Marvel references.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Anything planned after July? That's when I'll be back.
I'll be hosting another Brainshock in November. Gamma.

I need to figure out the dates though.

So! At least you have November to look forward to this time...again! :'D

PortCity

Smash Ace
@NGamer: You are right about that...Dund goofing around playing a half dead Snake. Having me scream "grenades and up tilt" ALL day. Then come singles pools he pulls out a decent G&W from his pocket. Then have the nerve to tell me some silliness like "I play close to the chest" HAHA...yeah he got me good.

Jayford

Smash Lord
GGs this weekend everyone.

So if I keep playing this game I decided I'm just gonna pick up ICs and put my semi decent execution to work and just learn their chain grabs loool. Then if people CP me to dumb stages I'll just pick Falco / Fox. Also, is there anything going on this weekend?

Kuares

Pizza
Someone left a bag with an apple in it, a Pop-tart package. Also, how'd a replay of Brandon and Rob get on my Wii?

Thanks for everyone for coming yesterday. There were no complaints about fowl language this time so I'll be able to have another tournament later, yay! And as Blake said, now that we've got people, we're going to have a crew battle(eventually)

Sekou, you know when the videos that were recorded are going to be up?

Also, anyone here want the results?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Singles (10 entrants, 2- 5 man pools: 2 players out of each pool)

1. PCity (Diddy)
1. Joker (Snake, Wolf)
3. Twink (Marth)
4. Kuares (Fox)

Doubles (4 teams- RR)

1. PCity + CBK
2. Wang + Kuares

Random Teams

1. PCity + Dund
??

Marvel

1. Joker

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You guys complaining about Sekou's trash talk obviously need to play fighting games with Sam. Hes the scary yelling black man, Sekou's tone is downright musical to me in comparison. :3

Soran

Smash Ace
I'll be hosting another Brainshock in November. Gamma.

I need to figure out the dates though.

So! At least you have November to look forward to this time...again! :'D
Well goody ; D I'm really sorry that I didn't live up to my hype for beta like I did for alpha. So the tournament site at AiB was a downright failure .-.

I'll get back into Brawl and practice up on Marvel and shtuff. One thing I like is I don't find it hard to transition from pad to stick for Marvel.

I haven't played video games in like, weeks. months. I have played like, Dead Space 2, Fallout 3 that kind of stuff. But I haven't practiced any of my lameness. But before AnimeIowa I'll be pushing it out hardcore game night with my friends xD

(mainly) @peeks

You should read Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell if you haven't already. This book is excellent for any patriot. It might be a little biased towards the liberal media but what shouldn't be? xD

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
FYI: I saw everyone was watching the last match between Ngamer and me so I decided to put up a show and took a bunch of quotes from Mike "The Best" Ross >.0

Joker I'm going to have better Dante execution than you the next time we meet. :) GGs
You are just mad cause my Wesker styles on you >.<

But yeah dude when ever i'm on the lab i get all of dante's combos 100% of the time but when ever i play people i always drop them snd don't know why also i end up doing simple combos instead T.T I just need to force my self to do the bnb i practice all the time till i get used to them on people that is.

You guys complaining about Sekou's trash talk obviously need to play fighting games with Sam. Hes the scary yelling black man, Sekou's tone is downright musical to me in comparison. :3
idk what you talking about maybe he talks to you like that but I have played with him a couple of time and have never heard anything coming out of him so i think is just you Blank XP

So yeah awesome tourney guys had a lot of fun special shoutouts to Ngamer for going to his cause and picking up another set up of Mahvel so we could play >.0

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I can give you my guide Joker. I don't think I'll be playing much for a while.

Also I got Bayonetta if you want to borrow that. Its a really good game.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You know, I actually might be able to make an appearance this weekend (since you said Jay wanted to go). My friend might have to work someone else's shift.

Of course there's a lot of "might"s in there, but it's better than nothing right Brandon? :p

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Trent: I voted up your video.

@QRS: I'll have to put those videos up this weekend. This week is super busy for me. Also, you can eat that pop-tart...that stuff was mine :) Sorry for leaving it.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Mara and I can come tonight or tomorrow night, but not both :-( ... gas is a monster for us to do that much driving

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Observations from UMvC3 trailer:

-Ryu's level 1 supers are both fullscreen now, because they couldn't figure out how else to improve him.

-You can now x-factor in the air (lolololol)

-Clip of Wesker's teleport getting 2A mashed. Is this supposed to be a good sign???

-Strider has a dive kick and quick ouroboro cancels. Ouroboro super has no meter gain anymore.

-Ghost Rider is Ruby Heart.

-Spencer has aerial armor piercer??

-The giant X in the middle of lifebars mocks everyone and looks graphically awkward.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Observations from UMvC3 trailer:

-Ryu's level 1 supers are both fullscreen now, because they couldn't figure out how else to improve him.

-You can now x-factor in the air (lolololol)

-Clip of Wesker's teleport getting 2A mashed. Is this supposed to be a good sign???

-Strider has a dive kick and quick ouroboro cancels. Ouroboro super has no meter gain anymore.

-Ghost Rider is Ruby Heart.

-Spencer has aerial armor piercer??

-The giant X in the middle of lifebars mocks everyone and looks graphically awkward.

X-Factor looked like it got nerfed to hell too :D. No longer can you push 4 buttons, glow red, and win.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
OMG I think I'm going to remake some teams now lol

I'll most likely still stick with Wesker/Dante however I think now I may replace Taskmaster for either Nemesis, Phoenix Wright or Vergil but I'm probably going to switch to Trish/Virgil/Dante team then Chris/Nemesis/Wesker ^.^

Also I saw Virgil coming since DMC was missing 1 person to make a team but Nemesis was EPIC.

FYI you can reserve the game now so I better get mine since it comes out November according to CAPCOM

Trent

Smash Champion
I am being 100% serious.

I am taking UMvC3 competitive.

Someone teach me how to play fighting games.

Phoenix Wright, my man, welcome to MvC3.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
No man, you gotta take advantage of the early meta. Everyone looks top tier when people don't know what to do. :D

Top Bottom