• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

sluys

Smash Journeyman
well i still don't think i should have to pay a 5 percent electricity fee....this **** is wack
Do I need to drop some Electrical Engineering math on you fools again?

i fsmash too much :[ ITS SO HARD TO STOP, I GET THE RUSH WHEN I LAND ONE, AND I KEEP DOING IT. i think i'm addicted... yeah thats it.
I remember this phase. I had to think about it alot and ended up taking fsmash out of my game unless it was a necessary for a kill. Jab, bite, bite, dair, ftilt, bite, bite and farts took the place.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Jlo: Let Christian keep 5%. Nothing wicked about that.

@Andy: Sage Advice :)

OMG: I'm gonna have plenty of stories to tell you guys when I get back :)...but I got to save them for in person :)

Soran

Smash Ace
We need to talk about TvC I been playing that game more than brawl LOL.
I think I'll balance my playing between TVC, Brawl, and BB. Lately I was just doing BB. Now I'm in a balance between Brawl and BB. Let's just mix some TVC in there and bam.

Has anybody played the Dead Space 2 demo? I can't get passed the first square corridor part..... >.> after you open the door you see zombie things in the walls and I get scared and pause the game. Then I proceed to turn off my console.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Perhaps the last post of the year >.<

So yeah late buuuuuuuut awesome games last Wednesday way too fun F.L.U.D.D Of Fury for the win.
Soran sleeps too much >.0

Also anything going on Saturday someone mention a tourney but not sure if this week or next one.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Happy new year.

I was watching Joker's old montage video with Greg Dang putting a band-aid on his finger at the end. I didn't even recognize the kid. I knew he lost a bunch of weight since those days but dang, Dang - way to become the sexy beast you are today.

In other news: I've been snowed into my house since 2010. Gotta bust out a shovel tomorrow and see it do.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
Its all the great random things that we talk about in this thread. We always had a topic back then and went probably about 2 or more pages talking about it like when Christian first started his tourneys, we had the topic of why Christian takes 5% for electricity and it turned into a fest of math problems figuring out how much energy Wiis output compare to other systems. Just stupid little topics turned into great conversations. Now, we just say "What's up", "Games?", or "Next tourney?".
its cuz im not on here as much lol

Soran

Smash Ace
Soran sleeps too much >.0
ill johns that night >.< I think it was the enviroment change. I rarely go out of town let alone to another's house. But it's not a big deal; buildin' that immune system ; D

It was during the end of Greg's first stay. After he left I felt like sitting down. (which I did and was) I have a hunch Greg took my life energy with him when he left ¬_¬`' I started feeling better after Yink woke me up. That nap was awesome. I felt like I was sleeping in the right position and I was getting better. I didn't get that sick. I just had this weak body/headache feeling.

Anyway, johns why I didn't play much:

I didn't want to interrupt (I didn't even like asking for a game in TVC but I just really wanted to play)
You guys mostly played doubles (again, didn't want to interrupt + I am a bad partner)

and that is mostly it. I felt like you guys were having fun with your current players so I didn't feel the need to budge in. Nor am I an exciting player. As in I don't yell and be Mike Ross.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting more of you guys and hopefully I'm way better. Especially since I was out of practice and playing sluggish as HELLLLL! lol

GGz BPOW

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Someone please explain the situation with QRS's tourney to me.

PS: happy new years!
Last time I talked to him, he's turning in the paperwork to request the room for use for the tourney as soon as winter break ends; so probably in a week or so there will be confirmation of a location and he should know what he has to charge for a venue fee (if there is one).

The tourney would be at Mount Mercy College, which is in Cedar Rapids. I forget the exact date he was planning on.

THuGz

Smash Lord
wait if its in 2 weeks that'll be the weekend of joker's, right? so does that mean its next week?

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
In a week we will know the location for the event. I'm thinking QRS' thing was going to be the first or 2nd week of Feb. It will not conflict with jokers.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Super belated, but thanks for the games joker folk. We (peeks more than me) needed that.

Joker: Thanks for letting us crash/play games/spill vodka at your place. You're too good to us.
Greg: Ima hire you as my personal coach, cuz that **** works.
Brandon: Good seein you again dood. Warios getting gooood. Smash DI away and down when I GR Usmash you

Yink: S'always good seein you and your ******** PK antics xP
nGamer: I like playing with you too. You seem like a level headed non-rage quitting guy. I enjoy that. Also, you're Yoshi is better than it should be.
Soran: I think I kinda met you? Sleep less man. Its the way of the magic fire basement.

Hope to make it to the tourney in a couple weeks everyone.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
@ Se'kou when are you getting back to Ames?
We should play games sometime soon. And are you going to this next tourney?

Depending if I get enough practice before this next tourney. I might enter doubles. But not brawl singles, cause that sh*t is ********.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I think I can admit that I'm getting to the stage where I might become an alcoholic guys...... Girls sucks.

This is a very serious post.....

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, I know. I get fragments of really sad feelings when I just think too much about it when drinking and BAM! A train of emotions hit and you just feel like crap. Gah..... I have too many problems.....

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
it was good enough for me to jump out of my chair....^_^v
we need more practice with that and will be unstoppable...v^o^v
Actually Yink and I started doing it when she came for games so I wanted to try it out some more also she came out with F.L.U.D.D Of Fury but I'll probably stick with that combo with her >.> Mario & Luigi
Now we can do the Team Razor Challenge ^.^

Also Greg I think you just need to hold your liquor better I mean it seems you drink a couple and bam black out >.<
And I don't know I think alcohol makes some people really emotional or what not I know from experience since that's the only time my dad use to call us from Mexico saying "I love you" and "I miss you" it was always a drunk call.

Point being I don't think your an alcoholic trust me and I'll be damned if I let it go that far.

Soran

Smash Ace
Yea, I know. I get fragments of really sad feelings when I just think too much about it when drinking and BAM! A train of emotions hit and you just feel like crap. Gah..... I have too many problems.....
Studies show if you focus on the task at hand (no matter how mundane or boring) you'll be an overall happy person. Don't think about anything but the task at hand. Even if it's eating. I say, especially eating.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Debo: I'll be back by this coming sunday. I'll be going to the tourney in 2 weeks, but I'm unsure of my teammate situation. Originally I was teaming with Joker, but I heard he is teaming with MetalMusicMan. So if I've been kicked off Joker's team, I told Brandon I was gonna team with him....but he might not end his love affair with Dustin and they might team :)...so if I get kicked off of both of their teams then SURE! i'll team with you, but I do think I'll end up on one of their teams, either Joker or Bpx's.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Debo: I'll be back by this coming sunday. I'll be going to the tourney in 2 weeks, but I'm unsure of my teammate situation. Originally I was teaming with Joker, but I heard he is teaming with MetalMusicMan. So if I've been kicked off Joker's team, I told Brandon I was gonna team with him....but he might not end his love affair with Dustin and they might team :)...so if I get kicked off of both of their teams then SURE! i'll team with you, but I do think I'll end up on one of their teams, either Joker or Bpx's.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing since you told me way back we where going to team but somewhere down the line Brandon told me he was teaming with you so I was like "oh ok" >.<
Actually I'm not even sure if Metal is coming but I figure I teamed with him since you where teaming with Brandon.
So I think there was a big misunderstanding but I still want to team with you Sekou cause we didn't got to at MLG >.0

On a different note I been watching the new Pokemon, oh man that anime is pretty good the intro I saw coming like as soon as they show the poke the next time it will show on the intro plus I pretty much already knew who was who XP
The main reason I'm liking this season is cause I like what they did with Team Rocket(Jessy/James/Meowth) taking orders from Giovani and is kool how they don't do the silly stuff they did in previous seasons.
Also watching the anime I have grown to like some of the new pokes and the starters although I always choose the water type I still like the grass one <(^.^<)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Ill probably make this.

HYPE MONEY MATCH!

Bolt mm in brawl. Unless your so scared that your testes shrink up thinking about losing to me.

We should have sidebets too. I think the match would be close.

Greg emotions make you weak, and alcohol makes it even worse. Personally ive quit drinking to get drunk ever since i started smoking.

Maybe just dont drink when your around women.

Or you could just have no regrets and move on.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well I guess that is decided...I'll be practicing my G&W and Wario for a little variety :) ... and I have an infinite to perfect before I get back. Also....looks like I might have some time to play on Sunday on my way back to Ames. People want to get together Sunday night and welcome me back with some Brawl action?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ill probably make this.

HYPE MONEY MATCH!

Bolt mm in brawl. Unless your so scared that your testes shrink up thinking about losing to me.

We should have sidebets too. I think the match would be close.

Greg emotions make you weak, and alcohol makes it even worse. Personally ive quit drinking to get drunk ever since i started smoking.

Maybe just dont drink when your around women.

Or you could just have no regrets and move on.
JBM will you be driving with me, Thugz and Rob again in the stoner car?

Edit: here's a new AT called powered shielding canceling.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294888

Edit 2: Also does anyone want to nerd at some TVC at Joker's next week at the tourney?

MetalMusicMan: You sadden me:(

Top Bottom