• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Did you say you'd be up all day Joker? I'll probs come over after I wake up tomorrow, nothing going on :/
That was yesterday but should be going to bed here soon since Peeks said they be getting here around noonish or so, but yeah either way come down and if I'm asleep just wake me up >.0

I'm actually looking to get more into Melee. So please, by all means, at any chance whip out dat Melee.

Teh Future

Smash Master
so for jan... kansas is gonna be at a texas tourney phase or something idk about MN or others but i still plan on coming i forget who else was interested from stl tho (i kno i gotta convince nicole still but =))))))

so yeah see you cats soon =]]]]

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Thugz: I have faith in the IA/NE crew without a doubt. If everyone decides to get serious, then yeah, I don't see why we couldn't be as good as some other crews around. The problem with our area is there are so many new players and they are all starting from scratch. That makes it tough, and without a LOT of work and dedication, we will stay stagnant. We also don't have a wide array of players or of characters...so that hinders us a bit. All in all if people get serious and learn to think properly about Brawl, then yeah, I don't see why we can't come up.

XenoStar

Smash Cadet
Yes i'm down for tuesday mini tourney. I'm unleashing my pt and new pikachu, get ready guys. Also, sekous, what i'm getting from your post is tl;dr: if we (ne/ia) try hard we can be pro

we need to have regular practices alternating between cities weekly - I seriously want to get better and compete nationally. like, of the 3 things that i'm pretty adamant about, smash gets its own category. I want to practice with you guys, and make it just like any of my school activities. I'm sure some of you guys are down to be committed to brawl, it's such a good and lovely game =3
beat tyser first NE.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yes i'm down for tuesday mini tourney. I'm unleashing my pt and new pikachu, get ready guys. Also, sekous, what i'm getting from your post is tl;dr: if we (ne/ia) try hard we can be pro

we need to have regular practices alternating between cities weekly - I seriously want to get better and compete nationally. like, of the 3 things that i'm pretty adamant about, smash gets its own category. I want to practice with you guys, and make it just like any of my school activities. I'm sure some of you guys are down to be committed to brawl, it's such a good and lovely game =3
@Thugz: I have faith in the IA/NE crew without a doubt. If everyone decides to get serious, then yeah, I don't see why we couldn't be as good as some other crews around. The problem with our area is there are so many new players and they are all starting from scratch. That makes it tough, and without a LOT of work and dedication, we will stay stagnant. We also don't have a wide array of players or of characters...so that hinders us a bit. All in all if people get serious and learn to think properly about Brawl, then yeah, I don't see why we can't come up.
I agree with this we need to get serious up in here and I was gonna make that into my new years resolution anyway. Other states see us as a free money state and as a joke they will **** us hard if we don't do something about this otherwise we will stay bottom of the barrel in the midwest and possibly the country.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Actually, from what I have seen, the IA/NE crew have a serious leg up on other crews. Everyone here are friends. They genuinely care, talk to, and have fun with each other, outside of just smash. People in other crews are clickish, elitist, etc. It is actually sad. Florida is like that, at least in my opinion and from what I have been told. It has gotten better here, but still, there isn't a thread where you can contact everyone in Florida and find someone to play with, ala there is nothing like this thread, at least from what I have seen. I think the Texas crew is the only crew that is as friendly to each other as we are, but I haven't lurked on the boards that hard. Another leg up, the best players in Iowa are always willing to play and teach, that is a plus. So guys are never alone, trying to get better...BUT you guys have a responsibility to get better to keep people like Joker and I on our toes :)...I like the winter break, feels weird to have time to sit and chat on this board :)

THuGz

Smash Lord
yeah dude! i'll be excited to fight you in a couple days sekous, i think i've gotten a lot better. i'm pretty motivated to get better right now; i always have been, i just have a ton of time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
so for jan... kansas is gonna be at a texas tourney phase or something idk about MN or others but i still plan on coming i forget who else was interested from stl tho (i kno i gotta convince nicole still but =))))))

so yeah see you cats soon =]]]]
Tell Nicole to bring my #1F1F1F.

JBM beat down Smeesh at the last "B.S." tournament we had with MK, so he switched to MK as well. So we lost a Marth/Diddy and a Peach in the last week or so.

beat tyser first NE.
Posts like this make me wonder if XenoStar is Tyser Macho Man Randy Savage...

Actually, from what I have seen, the IA/NE crew have a serious leg up on other crews. Everyone here are friends. They genuinely care, talk to, and have fun with each other, outside of just smash. People in other crews are clickish, elitist, etc. It is actually sad. Florida is like that, at least in my opinion and from what I have been told. It has gotten better here, but still, there isn't a thread where you can contact everyone in Florida and find someone to play with, ala there is nothing like this thread, at least from what I have seen. I think the Texas crew is the only crew that is as friendly to each other as we are, but I haven't lurked on the boards that hard. Another leg up, the best players in Iowa are always willing to play and teach, that is a plus. So guys are never alone, trying to get better...BUT you guys have a responsibility to get better to keep people like Joker and I on our toes :)...I like the winter break, feels weird to have time to sit and chat on this board :)
Ha, this is funny considering what I've heard about Schizm and the horror stories Mega Man X has told me about the melee community from even up until 8 months ago, right about when I started hanging with the crew. I think the BRAWL community fits the description, kinda. We just need to brainwash Tyser.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Ok, it's official.

Me and Yink will be arriving Tuesday along with any other that may want to join (Soran? Others?). I plan on leaving at or before 10am from Iowa City so be ready.

If I bring other games, will people play or am I wasting my time?

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MegaRobMan: This Skizm thing is pretty much a fluke, and yeah, I'm talking about the Brawl scene. I know nothing about how Melee works around IA/NE.

Soran

Smash Ace
Ok, it's official.

Me and Yink will be arriving Tuesday along with any other that may want to join (Soran? Others?). I plan on leaving at or before 10am from Iowa City so be ready.

If I bring other games, will people play or am I wasting my time?
Ah, this brings joy to my heart. I don't really know what is going on Tuesday but I know I read something.. (memory, memory... my memory >.< )
I'll try to bring that Saros kid. As in I'll have him at my house or I'll be at his. He actually lives in Marion. Would that be better for you than coming to Mount Vernon Rd? If so, state.

Tuesday morning? Gotcha! Who wants to call me? lolz I'll give out my number in case you forgot. (319) 538-7561

p.s. Bring those games. I'm sure you have great taste and I'll be up for some. If it's fighting (TVC, BB) I know Saros loves that stuff- so do I. I can even do some Hadoukens with you. I haven't been playing Brawl that much anyway. I'm so out of practice. So I'm gonna get roflstomped. But I won't go down easy in a real game ^^

BALL Z and I need a haircut //_-
so be prepared for ugh-hair

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Problem is, we don't have sticks or pads for that matter. Usually when I brought my 360, Schizm brought one of his sticks over, so there would be a pair. Something tells me that won't be happening this time. Greg has PS3 sticks which is good, but that means someone will have to supply the games (Joker has a console, obv).
If you've really been playing BB more than Brawl lately, I'd like to play because any local practice I can get is good practice. Also, PM me the address you want to be picked up at. Remember, I need gas $$. You're also sitting in back.

Joker, we can't play Marvel on that TV.

JOKER, WE CAN'T PLAY MARVEL ON THAT TV!

EDIT: Thought occurs. If Uli is among the Nebraska folk-- we need to play 3S!!!

Soran

Smash Ace
Problem is, we don't have sticks or pads for that matter. Usually when I brought my 360, Schizm brought one of his sticks over, so there would be a pair. Something tells me that won't be happening this time. Greg has PS3 sticks which is good, but that means someone will have to supply the games (Joker has a console, obv).
If you've really been playing BB more than Brawl lately, I'd like to play because any local practice I can get is good practice. Also, PM me the address you want to be picked up at. Remember, I need gas $$. You're also sitting in back.

Joker, we can't play Marvel on that TV.

JOKER, WE CAN'T PLAY MARVEL ON THAT TV!

EDIT: Thought occurs. If Uli is among the Nebraska folk-- we need to play 3S!!!
What is 3S?

What all do you need me to bring? And don't worry, I have money.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
3S = 3rd Strike. Who am I talking to?

Dumb Question~ Smashers.

Anywayyyy- If someone (Soran) would bring a ps3 copy of BB:CS that would be dandy. Just in case we have a moment to play it. Joker, we can't play Marvel on that TV.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
NGamer I knew what 3S was.

Guys it's looking like I'm not gonna be able to make it up there on wednesday either, I'll see if I can figure out another day to make it up before Jokers but I'm gonna be starting work again tomorrow and school on the 10th so free time is crazy.

Top Bottom