• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
He plays MY character...so how am I gonna counterpick him without counterpicking myself :) . As far as the Diddy - Wario matchup. If you have a Wario that knows how to fight off stage, things get hella sticky for diddy. I learned this from Andy. Pretty much Wario's moveset and air mobility put a stop to all Diddy's ground madness, just as long as Wario knows how to "z-land" ala pick up a banana while landing without tripping. Anyway, today will be Portcity vs FLorida day 2, so be on the look out for the update.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: LOL, you are RIGHT...I don't care for singles. Only real singles practice I get is at the end of a 2 on 1 :) ... With teams the pace is so much faster, and you can play more reckless. :-D anything involving being reckless, I'm there to sign up :) Only real reasons I play singles is to make me better at punishing things in teams and to give people like Joker and Bpx practice.

PortCity

Smash Ace
:( yeah i forgot you guys have weather contingent smash fests..... :( I checked the weather, it actually warmed up...it is 28 degrees in Ames :-\

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Brawl singles do suck. I hate them, it's all about who can play more cheaply. Teams is where it's at it, like Se'kou said.

Trent

Smash Champion
The thing is, both Brawl and Melee are "bad" games, competitively. Brawl just gets more hate because all the Melee kids whine about their community being stolen.

Teh Future

Smash Master
imo brawl is more competitive than any real fighter ive played...

but then again i thinki tech skill is ******** and like... the anti-competitive lol

gantrain05

Smash Master
no chloe, superman 64 was beyond bad, i can go on and on about terrible games tho.

and yeah...brawl is competetive, whoever said a game needs tech skill to be competetive has obviously never played chess

BOLT08

Smash Lord
The thing is, both Brawl and Melee are "bad" games, competitively. Brawl just gets more hate because all the Melee kids whine about their community being stolen.
I don't hate brawl because of the community. I hate brawl because being "good" is when someone can hit you a few times and then run around for 8 minutes. It's not fun, in the slightest.

But this is an ancient discussion that never yielded any results. So I'll drop it.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
no chloe, superman 64 was beyond bad, i can go on and on about terrible games tho.

and yeah...brawl is competetive, whoever said a game needs tech skill to be competetive has obviously never played chess
Because Brawl and Chess are alike... That's an almost laughable comparison...

gantrain05

Smash Master
you misunderstand me tyser, i'm not saying brawl and chess are alike, all i'm saying is that lack of tech skill isn't a reason to label a game non competetive.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
So is it safe to say we'll never see schism again?

His profile says he hasn't even been on the boards since December 8th, at 5 PM.
Unless he's lurking on some other account....

Jayford

Smash Lord
imo brawl is more competitive than any real fighter ive played...

but then again i thinki tech skill is ******** and like... the anti-competitive lol
Chess has tech skill, you gotta be able to hit that timer fast :D.

Pretty much everything has some degree of technical skill. Heck, even in debate if you can speak really fast you have an advantage over people who can't do it.

Soran

Smash Ace
Everybody should get Jin avatars.

OH MY GOD! So I can't buy that stick, Kuares ) :,
At least not by next week. I still would like to buy it. A great deal for an above-par stick. Granted the lever feels loose...

anyway- Ngamer, you should come over to my place for some BlazBlue. or I should go over to yours for some SF. ^^

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well people should already know but I love Brawl and only cause of one char. . . . . . . Snake if it wasn't for him I don't think I'll have enjoy the game as much as I do or put up with some of the shenanigans Brawlol has <(^.^<)
But even though I love Brawl I still want to pick an actual fighting game since they will get further then maybe Brawl so I want to get serious with MvC3 assuming it actually gets big and doesn't fail like TvC did T.T but I'm pretty sure it will.

Everybody should get Jin avatars.
Done, wait I think I'm doing it wrong >.<

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'll play MVC with you joker, i suck terrible at traditional fighters but thats probably cuz i never played them, and when i did it was just for fun.

i only play brawl cuz peach is a sexy *****, thats it, the only reason.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i'll probably creep over sometime in the afternoon-ish or so after my workout and such. not sure about tony yet but he'd most likely tag along as well.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Tony, Anthony, you guys coming over tomorrow?
OH ic how it is >.<

Merry Christmas I guess. Our society has turned Christmas into such a stupid ****ing day. Biggest materialistic bull**** ever. Why can't people just be happy to be with people?
Hmm well I guess you don't want the gift I got you T.T
IT WAS ME!!!

Top Bottom