• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Look at the Chris Mullenberg from Iowa City.
http://www.blogger.com/profile/05726298452932640247

I live life with zest. We are only here once! I like to be challenged--to be dared. I focus on pure enjoyment of each day. I love big ideas and big goals that make you spring out of bed in the morning. If I were an inatimate object, I would be Fire: it radiates warmth, people are drawn to it for energy and comfort, and it's hard to put out.

Why is our chris mullenberg so shoddy. Greg, we should go to his parents home again sometime next week. Lets make some flyers in case they aren't home and hang them all over their neighborhood. We can also go to his work again but instead of just looking for him we can hand this things out.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Was fun this weekend. Once again, thanks for driving us to KC Blake. Especially considering the circumstances and how you WEREN'T expecting to be a driver. Next time I'll try not to be late. Also thanks for getting Sam off DFO to treat us to some dinner.

Greg you are getting really good at Brawl, too bad the game is bad for your health. I held you and Blake back in doubles today.

Anyways I should be taking a break from games for a while. I really doubt I'll have the money to attend Frosty Faustings but we'll see. If it means anything I might be down if we ever get another get together with Sam showing up. (Besides we have to finish ToA :3)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Sorry if I got you in trouble Blank. We should have left sooner. Highlight of you guys staying at my place was "free soup". :laugh:

Edit: Did we get some of our post counts back?!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nah I wasn't in any trouble. My mom just assumes certain things when I don't call (even though her phone was off last night). So she came thinking I didn't have a ride.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
New rule at Christian's. Whenever someone enters Christian's home, you have to yell Skizm to make sure if its Chris or not. This will continue until Chris delivers a call and the computer.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
Look at the Chris Mullenberg from Iowa City.
http://www.blogger.com/profile/05726298452932640247

I live life with zest. We are only here once! I like to be challenged--to be dared. I focus on pure enjoyment of each day. I love big ideas and big goals that make you spring out of bed in the morning. If I were an inatimate object, I would be Fire: it radiates warmth, people are drawn to it for energy and comfort, and it's hard to put out.

Why is our chris mullenberg so shoddy. Greg, we should go to his parents home again sometime next week. Lets make some flyers in case they aren't home and hang them all over their neighborhood. We can also go to his work again but instead of just looking for him we can hand this things out.
This is just Genius...it made me laugh pretty hard

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Oh shoot, while I'm on here, I almost forgot about Juan's question, I think we'll go out again Wednesday or Tuesday night to find him. Hit up the same places because this is getting tiresome for everyone. We will find you! So you can run and tell that, HOMEBOY!

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MegaRobMan: You had that match! You go realize something though. You play Wolf a character that can easily be gimped. When you are off stage your priorities should always be:

1) Get back on stage
2) Avoid Damage
3) Give Damage

You wouldn't have gotten gimped by Fino had you focused on just getting back on stage (versus just grabbing the ledge), regardless of the damage you would have taken. Getting back on at 100% and fighting again is better than getting gimped at 50%. My diddy has to do that same thing against MK. I'll eat a ton of damage recovering in such a way to ensure I will at least be able to touch the stage

Overall, keep up the good work, that was some nice wolf action.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm back finally and recovered. Was two matches away from top 8 in SSF4 but didn't play well enough in the end. At least I got over nerves. I'm pretty set in tourney games now. Blank got 3rd in Melty~ not bad for a first tourney- but he's Blank gdlk Liu-Kang. I lost to the 1st and 3rd placers in Blazblue to 5th place. LOL. If anyone asks, I won the Hyper Fighting tourney because apparently no one can play old school SF.

I appreciate all the stuff you guys did for me this weekend with all the crap that happened. I actually got enough money for gas thanks to Sam winning Melty. :p

Had a great time hanging out. BIG thanks to Joker and Greg for letting me stay at their places. I also witnessed Zash playing games with the crew for the first time in forever. Fox and Wolf vs Shiek and Marth were so fun in doubles. I wanted to play the improved BPow :(

Next time!

@Yink, we got to plan our Brawl time now that I'm back.

@QRS Yeah a tourney the 5th? That would be boss.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, I've beaten Fino's MK/Olimar before in friendlies so I kinda know what I'm doing. Other than my first kill and a few things here and there, I don't think I played well in that match. The one vs his IC's was a little better.

That link I sent in the last post of mine was of me V Bpow, in case you guys skipped it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd4al-cq-iU

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry, I tried texting Greg early sunday and I forgot you were going to be here :[
I came by later after you had just left, shoulda texted me haha. Atleast wario/yoshi was working better than before. I'm slowly getting less terrible lol.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ok Blake that's cool. We should go up to DSM for some games during this break sometime.

BPx

Smash Lord
joker and i have been playing every day, so whenever you guys wanna come is fine, lol. i think peeks is coming week after xmas?

PortCity

Smash Ace
PortCity Vs. Florida Day 1:

First things first. My Metaknight and Snake are garbage. I just played a bunch of singles with a Diddy main here, Dfear. He is over the match up thread on the Diddy boards. We goofed off at first doing Snake dittos, and I did ok. Once again I had to adjust to the ridiculous speed in which they play here. Every dang move is buffered and flows into one another. That mess took me a while to get used to, but not as long as it took last time. Hell it took me days to get used to it, this time it took a few matches. So I played my Diddy, and I was shocked to find out that he is better without bananas than I am :-\. I won matches because of my banana mind games and my "dynamic" playstyle as BPx calls it. I won most of them, almost all, but it was an adjustment. When I played my Snake and MK , I couldn't do anything. So, I either need to quit those characters, or step my game up. My wario, after getting wrecked for 2 matches started to play faster. The Diddy vs Wario is in Wario's favor, I have always said this, and today was proof. After catching on, I was consistently gimping him at 50% or lower. My Wario is slowly getting more speed to it. I want to get some more Snake experience so I can give Joker some more practice. Anyway, out next outting is Thursday night. That is when I will play Nick Riddle, Seibrik, Esam, Chaz and some others. If I can get this dazzle to work, I'll upload some of the matches.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well you are in the east coast man, expect that to happen but good luck to you and hope you can play some Falco's down there.

Trent

Smash Champion
PortCity Vs. Florida Day 1:

First things first. My Metaknight and Snake are garbage. I just played a bunch of singles with a Diddy main here, Dfear. He is over the match up thread on the Diddy boards. We goofed off at first doing Snake dittos, and I did ok. Once again I had to adjust to the ridiculous speed in which they play here. Every dang move is buffered and flows into one another. That mess took me a while to get used to, but not as long as it took last time. Hell it took me days to get used to it, this time it took a few matches. So I played my Diddy, and I was shocked to find out that he is better without bananas than I am :-\. I won matches because of my banana mind games and my "dynamic" playstyle as BPx calls it. I won most of them, almost all, but it was an adjustment. When I played my Snake and MK , I couldn't do anything. So, I either need to quit those characters, or step my game up. My wario, after getting wrecked for 2 matches started to play faster. The Diddy vs Wario is in Wario's favor, I have always said this, and today was proof. After catching on, I was consistently gimping him at 50% or lower. My Wario is slowly getting more speed to it. I want to get some more Snake experience so I can give Joker some more practice. Anyway, out next outting is Thursday night. That is when I will play Nick Riddle, Seibrik, Esam, Chaz and some others. If I can get this dazzle to work, I'll upload some of the matches.
Tell them Trent said hi, I'm sure Esam and CO18 might remember me.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
he won cuz of cp stages D= i won on most neutrals =PPPPPP a set would be different =PPPP

BPx

Smash Lord
i fsmash too much :[ ITS SO HARD TO STOP, I GET THE RUSH WHEN I LAND ONE, AND I KEEP DOING IT. i think i'm addicted... yeah thats it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
i fsmash too much :[ ITS SO HARD TO STOP, I GET THE RUSH WHEN I LAND ONE, AND I KEEP DOING IT. i think i'm addicted... yeah thats it.
Bind Cstick to Attack for a few days, or if you don't use your cstick to attack while in the air, just bind it to Taunt. That'll make it stop guaranteed.

I say this because I run into that problem with some of my secondaries.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Dfear: Hahahaha, why would you get on my thread and lie :-D lol...that's ok...I'll increase my lead Tomorrow at ZP :)

@Bpx: Bite...cause you normally FSmash out of spot dodge, so bite instead...or be like me and just make all those fsmashes connect :)

Soran

Smash Ace
Huzzah! Im officially out of terrorist land in back in the comfort of lady liberty's bosom. What a nice feeling.
WEEEE!!! that's good to hear ^^

my cousin was recently deployed. I'm not sure when he'll be back. I don't get to hear much news... my family doesn't like telling me stuff .~.

inb4badjokeaboutme

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Dfear: Hahahaha, why would you get on my thread and lie :-D lol...that's ok...I'll increase my lead Tomorrow at ZP :)
lol I'm pretty sure he's right sekou since if it isn't Smashville or Battlefield its a CP
It's funny cause is true ;D

@Bpx: Bite...cause you normally FSmash out of spot dodge, so bite instead...or be like me and just make all those fsmashes connect :)
Yeah that's what I been telling him since I have played him pretty much all week and is nice since Razor is no longer here T.T

Huzzah! Im officially out of terrorist land in back in the comfort of lady liberty's bosom. What a nice feeling.
YES my BoyFriend is back get it cause he's a boy that happens to be a friend >.0

No StarCraft today makes me a sad panda

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh joker your jokes are still as terrible as ever lol.

i need games.....im so crusty.....plus i need to know when peeks is gonna be comin back cuz i never get to see that dude.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman

YES my BoyFriend is back get it cause he's a boy that happens to be a friend >.0

No StarCraft today makes me a sad panda
joker's jokes are the best...i enjoy them...lol...v^_^v

yea i work all this week and next week so SC will have to wait unless i come over then ill bring my laptop and u can play...^_^v well that is if greg wants to since hes my ride...O_O;

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
oh joker your jokes are still as terrible as ever lol.
My jokes are SO refined that people don't know if they should either laugh or question it >.<

joker's jokes are the best...i enjoy them...lol...v^_^v
See he knows whats up ^.^

i need games.....im so crusty.....plus i need to know when peeks is gonna be comin back cuz i never get to see that dude.
Last time I talked to him he said around the 26th and 27th which is on a Sunday-Monday so yeah people definitely need to come down for games and say what's up >.0
Oh and by the way Zash actually got to play with us before Peeks did which he also said he may drop by again when Peeks does.

yea i work all this week and next week so SC will have to wait unless i come over then ill bring my laptop and u can play...^_^v well that is if greg wants to since hes my ride...O_O;
That sucks man however that does sound like a good idea lol
So anything going on tomorrow guys o.0

SKIZM!!!!!!!

Top Bottom