• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Wrestling is fun too and it leaves you with less bruises(sometimes). I got introduced to it by a friend in Dubuque. It feels so awesome taking someone down and pinning them. Especially when they got 30 lbs on you and a half a foot taller.
Wrestling is fun I used to do back in 8th grade and I was decent at take downs my problem was the stamina and the stupid spandex that I had to wear.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I almost snapped my neck in my first wrestling match ever, so I quit and started swimming instead.

Best decision for everything except my shoulders/lower back/groin EVER!

Thugz V GameGenie222 foxxy boxxing match.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I almost snapped my neck in my first wrestling match ever, so I quit and started swimming instead.

You want chicken with that bout Rob?

Kuares

Pizza
Wrestling is fun I used to do back in 8th grade and I was decent at take downs my problem was the stamina and the stupid spandex that I had to wear.
Spandex is what kept me out of middle school wrestling. I thought cross country and track would be a good sport instead. Cross country had shorts that were 6 inches down and Track had the same type of spandex as wrestling.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'd like to forget my spandex wrestling days, i was young and impressionable.....looking back, it was such a weird thing to grapple with other boys wearing spandex with the only goal to pin them to a mat............track was fun tho!

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey, I'll be over tomorrow sometime late afternoon probably. I'll call you I guess.

I'm not waking up at 4am on a Saturday that's for damn sure.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Are you driving?
Yeah, well just to Des Moines. I'll stay Friday evening, get up early and leave for Charlie's place with Blank, then Charlie will drive to Kansas City. We'll be back late Saturday probably then I'll stay at Joker's again. Leave Sunday sometime.

You got a card game thing also going on, right?

Soran

Smash Ace
^ hah! I don't hit people xD But seriously- Kuares, please contact me sometime so we can set up a date for me to pick up that stick. I'm getting Noel-thumb from doing challenge mode / :

Kuares

Pizza
Kuares, are you back in town?

I'd like to hit you (or your sister.. I guess) up for that stick real soon.
I won´t be for another 12 days and then there´s Christmas. I´ve been here for week and it feels like its taking forever! Aauwarggghh!!!

When I get back, I do want to get some games, any games. The soonest would be the 1st or something but that´s so far away... I´ll just give you a call.

Soran

Smash Ace
I'd appreciate a call; thanks ^^

I would go to dsm but I'm not sure when and I don't have a ride.
I can't afford to carpool with ngamer 40 times a week. maybe once a month.

Remember- Ngamer, give me a call sometime when you go down to the monthly. I'll remind you when the time comes around. Thanks ; )

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'll be at Joker's later tonight, and I'm bringing my melty setup for KC practice. Anyone who wants to help me can bring PS2 sticks if you have'em, I know Blake is going to be there for sure. Otherwise I'll just be grinding execution by myself.

After this weekend I'ma take a slight break from everything.

Soran

Smash Ace
Yink, I approve- all of it. Title and avatar ^^

ride the iceing! that's what he should say. for both Japanese and English voice-overs xD

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
*gasp*

We need to play Mario Party 2 next tournament. We didn't get to do it at mine. :(
K well as of now we can only do either Melee or MP2 but it depends if we don't get that many people then we can do both >.0

Also come February my next monthly will only be hosting Brawl and MvC3($5) for sure so just a heads up ^.^

Teh Future

Smash Master
Spandex is what kept me out of middle school wrestling. I thought cross country and track would be a good sport instead. Cross country had shorts that were 6 inches down and Track had the same type of spandex as wrestling.
wow u r like a women stop caring about wut you wear so much

swimming is such a dum sport lol and all the people on the swim team at my school were either:

1)guys that took it too seriously (its swimming lol does that even count as a sport unless your micheal phelps or some ****)
2)girls that did it because it was super easy and they had to have everything they could possible have on their college applications!!!

i'd like to forget my spandex wrestling days, i was young and impressionable.....looking back, it was such a weird thing to grapple with other boys wearing spandex with the only goal to pin them to a mat............track was fun tho!
not eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeen u get to wraslin them to the ground and wreck their **** how is that not kewler than running in a straight line?

Kuares, are you back in town?

I'd like to hit you (or your sister.. I guess) up for that stick real soon.
damn soran getting it in

overall iowa needs to get their priorities straight D:>

Soran

Smash Ace
Also come February my next monthly will only be hosting Brawl and MvC3($5) for sure so just a heads up ^.^
O.O.... I... did not know MVC3 was coming out so soon. This is awesome!

As soon as I get back to school Im turning in a paper so I can use a room for a tournament. Would there be any problems with a tournament on the 5th?
Kyull, I'll be there; but isn't that a wednesday?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
swimming is such a dum sport lol and all the people on the swim team at my school were either:

1)guys that took it too seriously (its swimming lol does that even count as a sport unless your micheal phelps or some ****)
2)girls that did it because it was super easy and they had to have everything they could possible have on their college applications!!!
LOL me taking anything seriously. I ****ed my entire body up my sophomore year so I didn't have to practice in the AM. Swimming is NOT easy, it's pretty much the most difficult sport of them all.

Soran

Smash Ace
Swimming takes a lot to train for. At least in highschool it does.. It's most definitely the hardest, most physically exhausting sport.

Top Bottom