• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Also, I'm first-aid certified so if you need any assitance during the tournament, let me know.
Yeah joker im also first-aid/CPR/AED certified, so may you go into a stroke and stop breathing i got your back.
Thanks guys I'm actually feeling better now is a little swollen but I can some what sit down I'll take some pain killer with me to be on the safe side ^.^

Now for the driving situation we are leaving around 9am with Greg but will need a ride back Skizm, Brendon o.0

Also Rob could I put a TV in your car since we can't fit it on Gregs.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Actually, Mexi is joining us last minute so we won't have almost any room for ourselves, let alone another TV.
Not even on the trunk cause if you have sleep stuff you can just leave it at my house o.0

dustin and i might come over tonight until ks gets to my house, joker. anyone else going over?
Maybe MN not sure, NE said they be here around 9ish also JLO is here too.
By the way will you be able to take us back from Brainshock >.0

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice

Thanks guys I'm actually feeling better now is a little swollen but I can some what sit down I'll take some pain killer with me to be on the safe side ^.^

Now for the driving situation we are leaving around 9am with Greg but will need a ride back Skizm, Brendon o.0

Also Rob could I put a TV in your car since we can't fit it on Gregs.
;P I'm certified as an EMT.

I got an 18 hour shift for Black Friday. I'm dead, but for some weird reason I feel like playing Brawl. When are the next games?

Soran

Smash Ace
fellow Iowa peeps,

I am hereby quitting brawl.
can't make it to Brainshock. Now my life with brawl is over. I was waiting for this tournament for the past 3 months counting day by day 'til the tournament. I was going to quit after the tournament if I didn't do good at all. (in my set or friendlies) I've lost motivation for this game a long time ago. But Brainshock kept my hopes high.

As I'm waiting for my ride I'm thinking, it should probably take about ten minutes to get to my place. Twenty minutes pass. By then I'm hoping to God I wasn't forgotten. Alas, I was forgotten.

So I guess I'll never get to brawl you guys at all. For some it's good riddance. But for the few that maybe slightly feel bad... just the tiniest bit... I'm sorry.

for those of you that adhore my existence, (even though we never really got to know eachother)
I'll save you the trouble.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tKEWN7qt7F0

I'm just gonna spam some noobs in Naruto Storm 2....
My break. Officially ruined.

Soran

Smash Ace
Hah, I'm a REAL boy ; )

I wanted to meet everybody too. I might not quit brawl though. Because if there is a next circuit Yink hosts, I'll definitely try my best to make that. I almost made it yesterday but registration was closing in twenty-five minutes and I know it would probably take an hour at the most, thirty minutes at the least to make it down to the venue. I should've went anyway just to friendly everybody like my goal was / :,

I was depressed and spent the whole day watching Mobile Suit Gundam.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Soran You are a noob.

Im just gonna put this clear, you come or you don't.

No one here cares to hear your excuses as to why you couldn't make it. No one knows you and until we DO we aren't too worried bout you.

Also as far as how good you are at brawl, it doesn't matter. You don't come to tourneys so it doesn't matter.

Consider this a callout to make it to the next tourney. Don't take it as me being an ***, but realize that this is the truth.

Kuares

Pizza
Hahahaha who was suppose to pick Soran up?
Yeah, between all the people coming Saturday morning and making sure I had everything with me that I needed for the tournament, I forgot. Sucks.

Hey Soran, remember you aren't the only one who got disappointed. Zephyros had 3 bad tires and had to stay in Illinois all weekend but that's past. Let's get together again soon. We'll talk about what we'll do for the next tourney.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man my forgot My CTR game disc in possibly Jlo's phat PS2, my red/yellow/white plug-in cord for my Ps2 and my green pillow and blanket at Joker's man I ticked off can anyone find these for me?

resTy

Smash Champion
Forgetting another human being who you actually know is a huge slap in the face.
I don't see how that can possibly be an accident but maybe that's just me xD.
Either way, it's hilarious that Soran got shit gamed and is cutting his wrists about it.
He's quiet as hell anyways. His presence wouldn't have been notable :') Get *****.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey come on. Don't make fun of him and make him feel even worse.

Fact is, what happened has happened and nothing can be done about it. Move on, there will be other tournaments. On that note, I agree with JBM, you have to actually come to stuff. There was nothing stopping you from coming to a Nebraska monthly or to Des Moines for some casuals. Sure it's tough, but this is what we have to deal with if you live at this side of the state.

Anyway, even though there's a results thread and everything, I want to say to Iowa (and Nebraska) personally that I'm glad you all made it down. It was nice seeing you and hopefully I can come down for some games between tournies more often.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Not everyone can leech reliable rides. I consider myself privileged that I get that benefit myself. And honestly I have been ditched rides for certain tourneys before, and I got mad a bit then decided it was my own fault. I could've been more vocal, gotten contacts. (Actually kinda lying here I was the one who SUGGESTED to go to the tourney and was one of the first to post for a spot).

In the end that tourney I wanted to go to was **** and everyone told me I should be glad I didn't go LOL. Well theres that, you waste time and money on tourneys if you're motivation is really that low. And even lower if you can't be encouraged to get to them yourself. (Luckily Joker's is like 5 mins from my house)

Its okay though when I show up to tourneys I waste my time and money and other people's time and money as well! The grand scheme of Brawl its so beautiful. :')

Soran

Smash Ace
Thanks ngamer and I guess you too, Blank. But Brainshock was teh shiz apparently. Not only was it teh shiz but I wanted to prove myself to everyone. Show that I'm not a scrub despite prior performances. (no john)

I really do want to make games but the only "games" I can make are at Kuares' place, unfortunately. I humbly ask ngamer, if you could give me rides to games you attend. I've PM'd my number to you before I hope you still have it. It would be greatly appreciated. ogbot mentioned to me: Games N Go Championship 2. If you go to that I'd love to hitch a ride. If you go anywhere I'd appreciate if I am able to tag along with you. Just so I can make more games and not be a noob.

Soran

Smash Ace
I remember True Life: I'm a pro gamer featuring a melee player and Tom Taylor. That was a cool episode. Even though I was, like, 8 or around there. So I didn't know much of what was happening besides the melee player and how he played A LOT to get ready for tournaments.

If they did a smah doc they should do san.
Yeah, they should do san xP

Soran

Smash Ace
if my friends were to whip out their old Yu-Gi-Oh! decks the first card they draw you'd yell, BANNED!

hah, my friends had **** decks and I had a junk deck with **** cards. I went crazy over Blue Eyes Shining dragon and decided that was it and threw all my cards on the school bus. all the little kids flocked for them like it was money. I kept my Limited Edition in the package Dark Paladin because it's my favorite. all my friends wanted it but it's my last card. my favorite ; )

But hmmm... I really want to make games and watch you play. at Ames I enjoyed watching you play Yu-Gi-Oh, Greg. with your other friend, Uli?

Jayford

Smash Lord
I remember True Life: I'm a pro gamer featuring a melee player and Tom Taylor. That was a cool episode. Even though I was, like, 8 or around there. So I didn't know much of what was happening besides the melee player and how he played A LOT to get ready for tournaments.

If they did a smah doc they should do san.
Yeah, they should do san xP
One of my friends is in that looool. His face got blurred out tho.

Top Bottom