• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inui Presents: Great Revival

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This tourney will be blessed with being the subject for Keitaro's Tourney XP 2.

If you wanna be in it, get it in!!

-Remix-

Smash Journeyman
If any of you sweethearts could get me and big momma a ride i would greatly appreciate it. <3

EDIT: Nvm. Yall *****s are ugly. going to poly 5 <3

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
for the people you're letting in for free

you ARE replacing the money in the pot with your own or venue fee

right?

i remember at your last tourney i was missing 20 cuz you let people in for free and that was gay.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
for the people you're letting in for free

you ARE replacing the money in the pot with your own or venue fee

right?

i remember at your last tourney i was missing 20 cuz you let people in for free and that was gay.
potentially, but I'm making no promises

I can promise I won't let in like 10 people for free of course lol

but doing work = payment/benefits

it's fair

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
That shouldn't come from the pot of singles/doubles, lucas. Make sure the venue fee covers their entries into bracket, that's the most fair.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who's taking from the pot? Nobody. They could not enter and the money is the same, or they can enter and the money is the same. Nothing is being taken. If you're going to complain about me giving ~4 people free entry into the event where the winners already make a ton of money, go after other hosts that do that times two or more, especially at nationals. >_>;

If we have enough venue fee money, then I can use that, but that's only if there's enough. I have to cover a rental cost and those that do work deserve payment.

You guys are lucky I'm willing to share what I'm doing financially; I should just say nothing and do what I want.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Who's taking from the pot? Nobody. They could not enter and the money is the same, or they can enter and the money is the same. Nothing is being taken. If you're going to complain about me giving ~4 people free entry into the event where the winners already make a ton of money, go after other hosts that do that times two or more, especially at nationals. >_>;

If we have enough venue fee money, then I can use that, but that's only if there's enough. I have to cover a rental cost and those that do work deserve payment.

You guys are lucky I'm willing to share what I'm doing financially; I should just say nothing and do what I want.
It's very discouraging to let players enter a tournament for free and not covor their pot entry, yes nothing is taken from the pot but nothing is being ADDED to the pot because they are in.

Lets say you let in 6 players into the bracket for free. with each tournament entry you are adding in 10 dollars to the pot. lets say the tournament has 26 people in it plus those 6 (perfect bracket). If they did pay entry like anyone would, the prize split will be
1. $108
2. $54
3. $18

If you were to let them in for free, the results will be as follows.
1. $76
2. $36
3. $12

Kind of a big difference for who is in first place. You should not allow unpaid people into the bracketl. If you want to let them in for free, cover their venue cost, or don't let them in the bracket for free(without replacing it). The whole purpose of letting people in for free is you have the money to actually spare that to let some people in like close friends or such, what you are trying to do is not add player's money into the pot(kind of like removing it).

Sorry, I missed the point of "They could not enter and the money is the same, or they can enter and the money is the same." No it wouldn't, the pot would have 10 dollars less for each person let in for free. If that person who you let in for free wins, they walk off with money they didn't pay for.

Edited to remove namedropping, and change the target of the statements above.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Oh well. It's his tourney so he can do whatever he likes. If you don't like it, don't come I suppose.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You just wrote a ton of crap I don't care about. Good job.

Nothing is being "taken" from the pot at all. Your ridiculous choice of words to make it look worse than it is doesn't change reality.

Don't like it? Don't show up. I hire people to do work to make the events run smoothly, and they are financially compensated, which is fair.

If you're going to complain about me giving a few people free entry into one of the events, then go harp on Xyro for doing for certain people at HOBOs. Go bother Alex Strife for doing it for twice the people I allow. Until then, I'm not going to take anyone seriously about this.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
You just wrote a ton of crap I don't care about. Good job.
K, this will pop up later.
Nothing is being "taken" from the pot at all. Your ridiculous choice of words to make it look worse than it is doesn't change reality.
My bad for that choice of words once in that argument, where every other time I refer it to money not placed into the pot. Look at above comment, you probably didn't read everything.
Don't like it? Don't show up. I hire people to do work to make the events run smoothly, and they are financially compensated, which is fair.
I don't like it, but I WILL show. Yes I agree that people who work to make the events run smoothly are compensated, but it should not equate to free tournament entry, free venue and other monetary compensation OR pay for their tournament entry yourself, you are not taking away from the pot, you are adding in unpaid players from the pot reducing the pirze : person ratio.

If you're going to complain about me giving a few people free entry into one of the events, then go harp on Xyro for doing for certain people at HOBOs. Go bother Alex Strife for doing it for twice the people I allow. Until then, I'm not going to take anyone seriously about this.
I retract any comment directed towards you, and "you" refer to "the tournament organizer" instead, thus directing it to any tournament organizer reading.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
inui is right. its his tourney shippo.. im sure it doesnt affect the attendance.. but if its low it could pose a small inconvience.. but he says he will use the venue money if anything so no biggie. lookin forward to this.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, why would I bother those TOs if it's your event I have a problem with? WTF would I go to a TX TO for, LOL

That's the only real thing I wanted to address, not because I agree with you, but because I don't disagree with you. IMO adding players doesn't affect me cause I don't win money, and I like to see incentive for OOS people to join, so even if I were to look at it in the perspective of you spending my money, my entry fee would go directly towards something I want.

At any rate, I approve of letting Dphat in for free so, yeah

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Giving incentives to players increase turnout. Giving it to the CORRECT people can cause others to go just cause they want to meet/play that person.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
hyper dabuz (gonna be taking top 3 in singles ^_>) is thinking about going to this but it really depends on if i can get a good doubles partner

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'd team Tantulus but wasn't planning on doing so to help run the tourney. I'm more than sure I can do both but I'll have to get back to ya after I figure out how much money I'm rolling in by this time.

Top Bottom