• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introduce yourself unknown players thread.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I generally believe that if you can't make it out of pools, you aren't good, but I have super unrealistic expectations. :)
Lord HDL didn't make it out of pound 4 pools
Lambchops didn't make it out of rom 2 pools

And they are both

[Sorry to put y'all on blast like that lol]

And yes, i see the "generally" part lol.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
And rubyiris, thats like saying toskala is a bad goalie or the pearl isn't a good book. It aint true, ur logic=fail

LLDL

Smash Hero
Well, he said generally. And I agree with him. Pools are to weed out bad players. Good players make it into the bracket so that there aren't any low level matches. If you don't make it out, generally, you aren't good. There are instances, as I mentioned above, where good players don't make it out because they get matched up against other good players and happen to lose matches. But they are in fact, good. It happens. It's not insulting, I rarely make it out of pools either, so it's all good.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Lord HDL didn't make it out of pound 4 pools
Lambchops didn't make it out of rom 2 pools

And they are both

[Sorry to put y'all on blast like that lol]

And yes, i see the "generally" part lol.
Nah it's cool, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah we just have to get better faster than others, and I'm working pretty hard on that. : P

Plus I do remember mostly playing a sheik fox and falco. (although i DID have Kirby Kaze in pools, lol I can't beat him yet at all)

I DID have a jiggs, though. I'm doc, so I coulda had that.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
My tag is Mooninite(Leader) and I play Marth

My interest started on gamefaqs and some people might recognize me from there since I still post and stuff

I'm not good at all, but I'm very serious and determined about getting better and I very much appreciate any advice I can get

Waffles, JB, and the like are very helpful and supportive, I'm glad I live in norcal

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
My name is Dylan Lawing.

I go by snap in the smash community. I main Marth of Altea in super smash brothers: Melee.

for the nintendo gamecube.

Ive been to a few nationals and introduced myself to as many people as possible. I train under Dr.PeePee here in North Carolina, Any success ill ever have in this game I owe to him.

So far my favorite smashers Ive met (Disregarding the NC smash family) are Hungrybox, MacD,SleepyK and Tag$. I believe that i have a strive to improve at this game more so than most.

I love melee.

Melee forever.

Mind_Assassins

Smash Cadet
I'm Eugene, and in my school, no one plays Melee worth a **** and I don't got a permit yet to drive anywhere. :[

I wish to make my highschool be interested in Melee like other highschools in Irvine be doing. I main Fox and has a janky Donkey Kong and Roy.

First tournament I've been to was SCSA5 where I got beasted by everyone.

weigelct

Smash Rookie
Pandu from NOVA
Attending VCU, where people call me Chris.
Loving the game, dedicated to improvement and having fun. And I'm going to pound 5!
I play lots of marf and i'm getting better with fox.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
The Mexican Marshmallow

WASSUP, SMASHAS!!! ^.^

The name’s Dakota Rubin, an’ don’tchu forget it! I’m an aspirin’ sixteen-year-ol’ Kirby main from sunny SoCal, itchin’ ta prove ‘imself! Nice ta meet ya! :)

I’ve been a Kirby fanboy FOREVA! I even found Super Smash Bros. through Kirby! I’ve played the super tuff pink puff as long as I can remember. The lil’ munchkin an’ I go waaaaay back, lemee tell ya! ;) How can ya NOT love good ol’ Kirb? He’s a short an’ fat happy-go-lucky lil’ ball o’ joy! ^.^

I’ve been on cloud 9 coastin’ through Smash 64, Melee an’ Brawl. Nothin’, AN’ I MEAN NOTHIN’ gets my blood pumpin’ like a clutch game o’ Smash! This crud’s got a special place in my heart, yo! I main my brotha-from-anotha-motha Kirby in all three games, an’ I spice it up a lil’ with Falcon when I’m sugar-high! MELEE GIVES BRAWL THE TALK, YO!!! IT‘S LIKE NO CONTEST, YA FEELIN’ ME? Brawl an’ me, we cool, though, we cool. Kirby got me comin’ back fer more! ^.^

Haha, I’m like THE PATTY-FLIPPIN’ WHITEST MEXICAN YOU’LL EVA SEE! I’m always decked-out in my yella QuesoKirby T-Shirt an’ stuffed Kirby when I’m hittin’ up some sick tourneys. Don’t be ‘fraid ta come on down an’ meet me! I’d love nothin’ more than makin’ a new friend or twenty! ^.^ SAN DIEGO LOVE!!! <3

‘Sides bein’ in high school an’ lookin’ fer a good, payin’ job, I’m jumpin’ inta the Smash scene fer the fun, fame an’ fortune! Someday I’m gonna be the best. I shoot fer the moon, an’ when I’m aimin’ fer somethin’, you betta believe I got what it takes ta make it there. An’ boy, I’ve got it. The eye o’ the tiger, baby! I’m doin’ this fer my family (which ain’t in the best financial situation right now >.<) an’ my girlfriend, my inspiration fer everythin’ in life! After winnin’ a big tourney, I’d love to treat her to a cruise or a vacation! Wow, that’d be somethin’, huh? ^.^ Te quiero!!! <3

I wanna be able ta make a livin’ by doin’ what I love! That’s my biggest dream. Ta travel across the world an’ meet some o’ the FUTHAMUCKIN’ COOLEST PEEPS WHO EVA LIVED… I can’t wait! A whole new world of adventure lies ahead! :') I wanna be the best I can be, which means I ain’t stoppin’ short o’ the title King of Smash! How I’m gonna get there, I ain’t got a clue yet! Still workin' out the kinks! XD Right now I’m the futhamuckin’ worst player of all time! OF ALL TIME!!! >.< That don’t change a gosh-darn thing, though! I’ma hunt down the best-o’-the-best an’ fight ‘em! There ain’t no better way ta get better, ya know? Yea, I’ma get ***** so hard my Nintendogs’ll feel it, but what don’t kill me makes me stronger! I juss wanna go the distance. Ta stand on the battlefield alongside the greatest Smashers the world’s ever seen as equals… THAT is my dream! :)

I’m all fired up to jump inta the Smash community ‘cause I wanna make new friends an’ even get inta a lil’ friendly competition! My ultimate goal is to better myself as both a videogame player and an individual. Along the way, I’ma give it my all to be an active an’ valuable member of the forums an’ even share a hearty laugh or two! I juss know this is gonna be a blast! Let’s-a go! :D

QuesoKirby, reporting in! ^.^
good read.

nice first post.

edit: welcome to smashboards and stuff :)

Kingbuilder

Smash Rookie
I'm Kingbuilder from Montana and I main as Falco, but I also play as alot of other characters like Link and Captain Falcon. I generally fail at smash and constanly forget to l-cancel, but I still see myself as slightly above-average. Kinda losing hope in Melee, though, due to the lack of players in my area. D:

Zodiac

Smash Master
Im Zodiac from west coast, Im a troll and im about a mid level player....thats pretty much it.

Zef

Smash Ace
hi im zef. i started playin melee since it came out but only took it seriously starting in 09. im from Ontario (mississauga) and started hosting a few smashfests. my first melee tournament is coming up on the 15th nd im kinda hype. i main falco falcon and some others nd i upload matches on ZefsSSB on yt. go check it. i typed this all on my phone.

Defqon.1

Smash Rookie
Soup. I'm Zach from NE Ohio. I'm also probably the only guy in Ohio who plays Roy seriously, though my real mains are typically CF, Falco/Fox, and Marth. I tend to have on and off days with each of them at random, so I don't really stick to one, though I'm kinda biased towards Falcon cause he's Falcon. I suck *** in tournaments so I just play friendlies all the time and erry day.

And you might know a certain parody video I did a while ago.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
No need to introduce myself I'm more famous than that one guy who was famous. Ya'll know who it is.

Top Bottom