• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who haven't heard:

Emily Swander (also known as FOR EMILY) died this morning of a terminal illness. Daltsy and Dynamism played in her name, but to no avail she didn't make it. Let us tip our hats in memory to this precious little soul.

Goodbye Emily, we'll miss you.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
For those of you who haven't heard:

Emily Swander (also known as FOR EMILY) died this morning of a terminal illness. Daltsy and Dynamism played in her name, but to no avail she didn't make it. Let us tip our hats in memory to this precious little soul.

Goodbye Emily, we'll miss you.
Poor Emily... Rest in Peace..

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Cool story bro.

If Overture is happening you guys might want to start to plan.

Idk, but as a frequent traveling smasher, I PLAN my trips to the hair and then follow through. Might be some good advice for you guys in Kelowna who seem to not be able to get to anything despite you saying you want to.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE RIDING WITH ME TO OVERTURE:

Instead of leaving Friday night, we'll be leaving Saturday morning. It's up to you to let me know where I'm picking you up and the earliest time you're available. Remember, I expect gas money because I'm cheap.

Cheers

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE RIDING WITH ME TO OVERTURE:

Instead of leaving Friday night, we'll be leaving Saturday morning. It's up to you to let me know where I'm picking you up and the earliest time you're available. Remember, I expect gas money because I'm cheap.

Cheers
how much is gas money

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Cool story bro.

If Overture is happening you guys might want to start to plan.

Idk, but as a frequent traveling smasher, I PLAN my trips to the hair and then follow through. Might be some good advice for you guys in Kelowna who seem to not be able to get to anything despite you saying you want to.
Money Match me, it's been too long since you have risked money.

OHHHHH SNAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP YOU GON TAKE DAT?! aight srsly MM $10

Falco vs Samus

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
All of you MM me 20$ best of five SSB Melee, Brawl and 64

Okanagan is full of ROFLCOPTER and excessive amounts of friendliness, jokery and funnoobage

Smash tomorrow at Kris or Steve's sometime (11am to 8pm or something) I'll stop by for just a couple hours.

Only to do the matches for the POTSMASH thing. 1$ each, 4(3 maybe) chances to beat me in melee best of 5 sets. If nobody wins (you won't lol) then the money carries to next smashfest and so on...

Then I'm heading to Vernon Friday to chill with Kaelen. He's gonna be BC PR material in a few months if me and him play. He's smart and has the technical ability to apply what he learns quickly. GG

Saturday I'll stop by UBCO on the way back from Vernon to POTSMASH with the group and then I'm meeting chris to POTSMASH again and have supper. Seperate pot or same TBD your choices.

Then I might be smashless for a couple weeks as I'm all booked up the rest of Nov. GGGGGG

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
GGGGGG Yeah, what james said smashfest at my house tomorrow 10am-whenever people leave. Bring a dollar to put in the pot/jar, i really like that idea.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Where is Zyfe?

also until further notice, I'm switching over to Marth. Going to see if the hard lessons learned playing Ike will transfer over to Marth's Speedy, yet similar, game.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Good **** guys!

You're all better than I expected <333

I'm glad I got to see where you guys are at. All on the right track! *thumbs up*

Kosk - Your Ganon is niiiiiiice! Got all the right stuff. Keep it up. I think with a bit more playing you might be good enough with him to not worry about a secondary even though Ganon sucks ;)
(unless you're for real about Jiggs lol)
Playing my Jiggs against you is really fun and tough too. lol Probably not the best way for me to learn the spacing of a character but I got to see how good your spacing was, and it's tight!

Little things like when I uthrow with Marth you always DJ and then I utilt you and you're jumpless, nothing major but all those little simple things I found I could abuse easily without much thought. Those will go in time, you've got great stuff going there!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

Cakeh - Your Marth has some funny tricks and stuff and you know how to space really well too. Utilt more and learn to wavedash out of your shield. You know what to do with your grab game, now it's really just experience and learning how to be really REALLY mobile with Marth with DDs and WDs around the stage. Make sure when you're moving around ridonculously that you're doing it for a reason in a match. Setting up grabs, aerials, whatever.

Don't fsmash so much LOL. It can just be punished by nearly everything in the game and it's really not that good at low % as it's meant for finishing combos and stocks, not to be thrown out for the sake of it's awesomeness and gayness. Keep it up too, you're learning fast. Watch some more Marth vids and try duplicating the movements their doing by yourself.

Kris - It's sucks that you weren't playing very well but you still did well. I could tell you knew some match ups really well and some you didn't so much. I think you beat my Falcon every time lol, with Sheik, Marth and Peach. That's a solid trio you have started there. Stick to it! You know your stuff, and when you're under pressure, you can dominate **** all over the place with steady pressure. If you can get that style of play consistant, you could be a real force. It was unlucky for you as you played the partially warmed up me and Steve and Dave got the 'airdodge for no reason and get *****' me. Next time maybe. ;D

Oh and more grabs!!! With Marth you grabbed a fair amount but you seemed to regect it with Sheik and Peach. When playing my Fox, you kept dash attacking, so I kept CCing and comboing you out of it. After a while I thought you'd start grabbing but you didn't, that's partially why I kept winning so sloppily and lamely. And stop SDing LOL

You guys all managed to take matches in the potmatch, that was good. I wasn't playing well at all so I didn't get to really test you with a technical and smart bamesy but luckily it was still enough LOL. Glad I don't have to turn on mr. Try Hard as I don't think I could've the way I was playing even if I had to hahaha! You guys are really gonna be tough to beat consistantly once that pot starts getting bigger. I'm gonna have to play pretty good to make sure nobody wins that for a while...or ever. ;)

See you Saturday (Max, Ryne, Kris, AJ, Steve, whoever else is going)

Alex - You're not bad at melee, you should give it more of a try. Though stay with Brawl as you and dotz and kosk and whoever else are the Brawl reps for Okanagan now. I can't play that game anymore... no wavedashing makes bamesy cry. :*(
Though I'll still play it, just not too seriously. It is fun still. :D

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
potmatch is such a cool idea, i love it. it gives you something to work towards. my marth can definitely get better, but each smashfest i learn a little more. like before, i didn't dash dance at all or wavedash to approach/space, but i do that constantly now. marth>falcon for me.

by the way who is confirmed for UBCO this weekend?

ALSO EVERYONE GO TO EGGZ TOURNAMENT AND THAT BIG BC TOURNAMENT
GOGOGOGOGO

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I will not be attending Eggz' tournament because it falls inconveniently into my schedule. However, it is likely that I will be attending Evans big tournament in 2010.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
UBCO IS CANCELLED AS OF NOW
NO ONE SHOW UP
although anyone is welcome to smash at my house on saturday, just give me a call
250-712-0613

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
K you guys

Steve, AJ, Dave, Max and Kris

POOL TOGETHER TO MAKE A PLAN FOR THE TOURNAMENT IN MAY

Biggest tourney ever, so we'll add to it. Best experience you can get in the province. And all the cool people will be there so it'll be funner and better than a half brawl small tourney like overture lol

gogogo

I'm gonna get Kaelen, Chris, Barry, Jamie and Ben informed and hopefully help them get to this too. Okanagan CREWS NYUKAHZZZ

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Speaking of Brawl, people in the Vancouver area have been getting together to smash, and we're improving really quickly. We're trying to get some Brawl monthlies set up, so you guys should maybe come to them in the future and show us your moves. Just sayin'. =3

:005:

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Brawl is fun. I'm not particularly good at it, but its fun. I'll attend your monthlies if someone else drives, since i cant. (im 14 and what is this) also firefly it was fun playing you in melee, maybe we could sneak a few games of that inbetween brawl?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Brawl is fun. I'm not particularly good at it, but its fun. I'll attend your monthlies if someone else drives, since i cant. (im 14 and what is this) also firefly it was fun playing you in melee, maybe we could sneak a few games of that inbetween brawl?
As long as it's not before an important Brawl singles match. Serious business. I would be up for a few Melee matches though, but I probably wouldn't be playing very well. =P Also, I'm temporarily maining Link in Melee for now. Just a heads-up.

:005:

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Breez, Firefly, and Brian are too good.

You can update my number on the front page (250 488 1037) and add me to the brawl list again. Put me as a various.

Top Bottom