• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
OCTOBER 24: UBCO Smashfest. Tell your friends, and bring TVs. Contact Fazha or Steven for Fazha's number and come to the Art buildings at the campus around 11am. Bring TVs if you can, and CRTs only. There is a cafeteria but it only takes interact (as far as I know) so bring your debit cards. Finally, if you know people who might be interested in playing some smash or street fighte or blazblue, bring them and their TVs.

Spread it around. Bring TVs.

Emphasis on TVs. Idc if people show.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
tyler from armstrong may come (probably)
Is Kaelen going? I can pick him up from Vernon
I guess I'll be showing up if both of these happen haha

Who else is there? Kris/Kosk/Max/Chris?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Kris won't make it, Kosk is whining about how far it is, Max is pumped, haven't contacted Chris but he'll be down if he's not busy.

I won't be attending. Got stuff I gotta do in Penticton this tuesday.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
tyler from armstrong may come (probably)
Is Kaelen going? I can pick him up from Vernon
I guess I'll be showing up if both of these happen haha

Who else is there? Kris/Kosk/Max/Chris?
YES JAMES GOGOGOGOGOGOGO get kaelen to come too, that would be awesome. And whoever Tyler is.
It's at 10am in the art complex if you decide to come. If you do i'll buy you food or smarties or something, i'm gunna have loads of cash

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I love it when plans get followed through and I'm not obligated to drive people home.

****ing love it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
well alex = fails

If I knew you 2 were at Kris's house, I would've just brought Kaelen there. And if not, I would have just stayed at Kaelens and smashed there.

Me and him had a good time meleeing at UBCO in a big empty room that was supposed to be filled with smash.

GGs jugfingers lol

Next time, Brawlers don't organize. They suck (tru fax*) lololol
<33333

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Let's just Smashfest here, like you said, I have the best Smash house ever. :p

Next weekend anyone?

Melee only.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
So I heard everything went without a hitch. Thanks for pulling through without me, Alex. Did someone record the results of a round robin? Will LOVE to see it!

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
btw, for next weekend, I'd rather get together for a big halloween party if we did, full of drinkikng and all kinds of drugs with costumes and **** instead of smash. aight?

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
So I heard everything went without a hitch. Thanks for pulling through without me, Alex. Did someone record the results of a round robin? Will LOVE to see it!
btw, for next weekend, I'd rather get together for a big halloween party if we did, full of drinkikng and all kinds of drugs with costumes and **** instead of smash. aight?
*not going if such a thing occurs*

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I can totally make this happen. I have a milf roomate and a crackhead roomate (serious).

Btw. I hate cops and I'm sure you do too, if we can maintain those ideals then I'm sure everything will be fine.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Drugs are optional, but a costume party would still be tight.

What should I be? need an easy costume.

btw, I <3 cops. they're kawai desuka
i dont care if you guys smoke, just not in front of me. the smell drives me insane. like, i get really irritable
and i am not dressing up
maybe as LORD ILPALLAZZO

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Are we still going to overture?

I'd like to know, because apparently I'm not going to organize s**t for you guys anymore. A bit of miscommunication and I get more whining than Fox Brawl mains. -.-

If you guys still want the room, I can probably get it, but next time follow AJ's intructions and call me plz.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Uhm... my INSTRUCTIONS was to pick Steven up and then me at 10am, which did not change from my end at all after I posted that I was unable to go. Had I still gone, and this happened like it did, unlike the plan I had set, (which wiht me gone, would just be you picking up steven before 10am), I would be stranded at the mall, having wasted 40$ on a greyhound two-way ticket.

The only person who should be pissed about organizing anything is me. Two people showed up to ubco, and those two people were James and Kaelen, two people who weren't even in the loop. Steven was going to, had he received the ride he was waiting for all day, and Koski already admitted he might not. The two people who don't really have any johns that I see are the two people WHO GO TO UBCO! (max and alex).

Of course we still want the room. I've hounded on you to get WHAT we need to get it, and then I can supply anything you need in order to get it. Money, people, whatever. Just get the room already.

Idk if Kris is up for Overture anymore. I likely have to work on friday/sunday before and after the tournament, closing friday, opening sunday, so I doubt I'll be able to.

edit: brb, borderlands

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Your post says to call me. I looked for Steven last night, got up at like 7AM, figuring if I didn't show up after a while he would, yknow, use that telephone and dial me up. My computer ran out of batteries and I lost his address that I had saved on a word file.

Max called me, James called me, heck even the randoms that just started brawling this year called me.

If there's no overture, there might as well not be anything. Everyone plays Melee and I am physically incapable of doing so. (Brain sends muscle messages to fingers too slowly. It's a legit medical issue.)

I can only get the room by basically missing one of my classes that is a part of my major to go talk to the president of the video games club. I have tried to get others to talk to him 3-4 times now, and nothing has happened.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
My post above was not towards steven nor I. It was more a message to send around to tell other people to get popularity for this 2 person event. "Spread this message around".

If Kris won't drive you to Overture, then you can still greyhound and use transit. To give you figures of how cheap it is or how much money I;'ve been spending on okanagan smash, it costs 3x the amount of the a two way trip to and from kelowna from penticton. I'm sure with all the times I've greyhounded up, you guys can scroung up the money to go to this as well, if you can't get a ride. I've taken how many trips to kelowna? it's also cheaper for you since you're closer to the kokahala.

If you want to do that, sure. If not, I'll probably just be getting together myself to play with the other guys.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Count me out for Overture, I'm saving my money for video card+ aion. By the way if anyone wants to buy games off of me give me a call.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I was only angry because I hate it when simple plans don't get followed and it ends up affecting my plans (ie. driving Steven home).

Overture is still doable. I need to know who is going and how I'm picking you up.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Well ****. Scratch that. My teachers collectively **** out a **** load of crap due on Monday. Unless something miraculous happens, I can't go.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
If blazblue is being played at overture, i'll go for sure. But since kris isn't driving anymore, who will be providing transportation?

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Yay AJ! I didnt know you drove, in any case I will be your navigator if you want one? We should start making meeting plans. :D

Top Bottom