• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
The younger they are the less obligated I am to ****, that's always been the difference between us, AJ.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Cmon Koskinator. You're a funny guy. You were so stressed out about it before that I had to do this. After the big Okanagan smashfest I said, (that ended up merely Kris and Steven playing Blazblue with me watching), I said I would update it. Well, I did, as a complete joke. The previous list was james + me adding some lower level players on the bottom, which you ranted tirelessly on, and now you look at this and not even assume it's a joke? It's got all the principles as a joke. Steven AND max above you is absolute ballbuggery, unacceptable and laugh out loud. Ben as a PR? Does anyone here but myself and Kaelen (and james who we know is lurkin' in his free time) KNOW ben? Does Ben know anyone of you guys?

I'm removing the PR from the post. If anyone wants to step forward and make one, go ahead. I'll add it to the second post as long as it's either not bat **** crazy, (by my own jurisdiction) or at least funny.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Rather than a PR, why not just say that ++++ is better than ++++, and judge that by the results of the last time they played each other. Then if someone thinks they got better than that person, they just invite them over to play, and whoever won the majority of matches is better? This way it's unbiased as to 2 or 3 people judging the skill level of a whole group of people. Make like a matchup chart

Top Vs Bottom|Lib3r4t3|
|Cakeh|Lib Adv.

On a person vs person basis, it's easier to differentiate between who beats whom, and if you have a problem with the PR its as simple as inviting someone over to play.

Good idea yes/no give me your input. Granted this is probably a stupid idea but whatever

And Kris i know you hate PRs but i think that's because its usually incredibly biased, but with this that won't be a problem, since if one person is lieing about how they did, the other person can just call them out on it. I think a way to see who is good in the community and who can improve is useful and should be done, albeit in a way more accurate than PRs

Walker-

Smash Rookie
You know what.
If you really want to get a hardcore PR going I can start calculating stats for it. If a person beats another person say over 90% of the time than they are a level above them. But 60% and70% is so variable and could be externally related.
I dont think a PR is neccesary though.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I just don't understand why people need to refer to a list to validate skill, it's meaningless.

Walker, math implies logic, logic and politics don't belong in the same sentence, politics is a derivative of PR. It won't work, I promise.

edit: If we can personify P=NP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_=_NP_problem), you know, after solving it, we could figure out who the best player is without even looking, given that there are so many variables.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Lol yup.

Which is why I think everyone should Q_Q less about pr cuz it is pointless.

Besides the only thing that is important is that we all pwn kosk. ^_-

Top Bottom