• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Since Overture is of reasonable notice, I'll most likely end up going. I can fit 4 people in my car, gas money is expected. /jewish

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
I live off of Boucherie if you want to come by sometime. Btw, what's this for?
UBCO smashfests are held nearly every saturday at UBCO, but they stopped when the semester ended and we got kicked out. It's a really great place with big tables, projectors, tables, food access... By the way fazha why cant you just make a club? Does it cost money or something?

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
It would be really hard to convince the UBCO board that we need TWO videogame clubs, much less one.

I'll ask the current videogames club pres if he can hook me up with a room for saturdays, but don't expect much.

<---------- will definetly pay gas money for overture.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
For the brawl stagelist, I think that Yoshi's and Lylat should be counterpick, and we should ban a few stages, Corneria definitally being one. I also don't think we should have Norfair as a counterpick stage, and I'm not too keen to unbanning Pirate Ship, or any stage we currently have banned.

I'm probably going to keeping my own PR list in the second post, since James MIA still. Anyone is free for suggestions. Gonna be keeping you little guys like Max and Steven on the bottom of it. I will post it after work today.

Tim is coming to the Okanagan for Fri/Sat/Sun he tells me. Might be a get together in summerland during that time.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I actually might be going over to Cakeh's, but he's actually really close to you so we can figure something out.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
aj. that pr list is horrible. me and df2k smash quite often and we go even every time. last time i played you i 4 stocked your sheik with ganon and you have yourself above me.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Sheik's not my main, I play her like a ******, and that was back in, what, May? Ganon also has a 75/25 over Samus (at least).

Kris posted his john as well.

I kept the current pr that James has which I have a disagreement or two, myself, and added the lower players. James understands more about melee than I do, though, and he's played most of us recently, other than maybe you, which was way back in July.

I merely added to it by adding the other players to since Max and Steven (not really, mostly Max) have been bugging me.

Your claim that you're better than James makes me want to not take your words at face value anyway.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
aj, that pr list is horrible. me and df2k smashed today and he 3 stocked me every time. last time i played you i ran into your missiles like a boss.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Hey DF2k could I get a ride with you to the tourny at UBC. I will contribute funds
Let me know :)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
koski > lib

i'm sorry but dats just how it be

edit: kay reason

Koski *****
Koski is russian or some **** like that
Lib you get ***** by me all daii sonn
koski only gets semi ***** cuz of ganon
no character jones though
jv5 stock

edit2: i'm not a jack*ss

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
The fact that an arbitrary list regarding Smash Bros. can become so bureaucratic makes me giggle.

Remove me from the list if it's going to encourage vagi.nal bleeding. I couldn't care less.

Edit: Cakeh, it was fun playing BB yesterday. Pic up a sub character and learn some mix-up, though. You def. know what you're doing but you were very predictable with your drive combos, and DON'T THROW ME VS. MY WAKE-UP, there's no benefit and I have a chance to run away.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Until 5 but I might be sticking around to do some work, we can play later if you want.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
I was refencing the Brawl Rule list v2.0, which I think is the newest version? But you may or may not like the SBR. I personally think stage striking sounds complicated, but cool.

I think Norfair should be a counterpick still. As it is right now, we're moving towards flat stages for neutral and slightly less flat stages for CP. Booooooring.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
someone come to my house some time this week for maylay since i am so bored of playing pheonix wright

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Hey Cake, maybe you should come to my house this week. I leave friday so anytime before then. I live right near costco. Just let me know.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'm actually more learning toward more and more neutral stages in general to pick from. Look at Norfair: It's got a weird *** stage structure, and constant lava flying everywhere. Somtimes only one of the in-game-7ft catwalks is the only walkable surface for 5 seconds. Not many places still allow it in their stagelists.

SBR's stagelists are wack. I'd rather go by Cali's or WA's tournament rules than some weird SBR one.

Stage striking is fine, and I'm fine with having all five regular neutrals since both that I suggested going toward cp I do better on.

Max nad steven, give me your imput.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Why does my input matter, i suck at smash. And max ill for sure come to your house for some melee at some time this week, what times are you available?

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Im available thursday night after 4
I think that only the neutral stages should be allowed lol. Thats what I think.

Top Bottom