• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
that was from this forum, its on the first page that you edited
i keep chat logs of everything everyone says to me though. better watch out :O::O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
does anyone know if tim is still gonna be here on the 28th? if so big smashfest @ my house with tim and every1 invited no brawl ***s

unityole

Smash Lord
here it is BC melee smash league (with stats) happens every Tuesday at Surrey SFU.

also a big melee tournament on Jan 30th at either Burnaby SFU OR Eric's place. yes I know its on the same day as the UBC tournament but we decided that Melee is special and need MOAR and BETTER attention.

so please make some time and come down here on the 30th Jan, Saturday for my first melee tournament since 2008!

heres my contact info, jack_tuboogee [at] hotmail.com
or call me at 604 722 7798

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Sex stats
I will be in Van already so will probs come to that.

LMAO I love the rumours at my expense. Glad they always backfire on peeps though XD

Kosk, stop spacing Fairs at tipper range and not learning and maybe I won't 2 stock you twice in a row with fsmash only. Seriously, don't be boring like that. Learn man lol

Rest of Okanagan, play more smash. It's good. I'm pretty much done with Okanagan (as you all know) so it's up to you to get crap going. Latorz <3

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
james i 3-0'd you twice in a row in best of 5 sets. tim and kaelen saw
no johns
didn't he say that he beat you using only fsmash and 2 stocking you twice in a row? if i did that to someone i would just stop trying. i would find it too funny to keep playing seriously.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
playing seriously.
I haven't done that against anyone in the Okanagan but Tim since last spring. I might have let someone down but I had fun in the process. Hopefully everyone still got better and had fun too. :\

james i 3-0'd you twice in a row in best of 5 sets. tim and kaelen saw
no johns
Yeah, you beat me. Glad you're satisfied, really. *thumbs up* :)
I really really hope you're joking about most of the things you say though. (Or apparently say, as I usually get messages from others going "LOL Kosk says he ***** you again XD" after that person was THERE when we played and saw how much of a joke it was [just like this time again]) At first I never really believed them and thought they were just making jokes to make fun of me, cause it was actually kind of funny at first, but it's happened every time we've played lol

I just don't want you to consider beating someone who doesn't attack you more than once every 30 seconds and WDs around the stage with Marth trying to go through you back and forth as many times as possible before getting hit... as an accomplishment.

Surely you know that you have done greater things in your smash time to boast and be cocky about. :laugh:

And I'm glad beating me is like a goal of yours or something, but I'm not one for rivalries or anything and not even slightly competitive by nature (you've hopefully noticed how lulzy I am :laugh: )
So that's cool, just be more alert of how to do it and when you actually think you can, that's cool. Until then, just get better. I'm not even that good so there would be no reason to be proud even if you do get better than me. :laugh:

As far as the 'i beat you' thing goes.

We briefly talked before about this after the last time we played because the previous few times people starting messaging me about you being an idiot, nooby, ignorant, etc on msn because you were saying things like you ***** somebody (usually me I hear) when they were there and you seem serious about it when it really wasn't any 'seriousness' to grasp at in the situation at all.

If people didn't laugh to me about chats they had with you or make jokes about it after you tell them these things (see above posts for a mild example if you haven't noticed every time, usually from others that were there do it instead though) then I could see how you wouldn't clue in, but really? Kaelen 3-0'd me too, as would almost everyone if I did what I was doing in our matches XD (I'm sorry if this seems offensive, it's not supposed to be :( <3)

You did beat me, and no johns.

But seriously, you have done better things and could be better if you were aware of yourself more.
Then in matches you would see things on a level more of "how can I do better" instead of "this is stock and %"
And you'd probably be able to mix it up instead of spacing at the same range for 2 matches without changing...ANYTHING in your play and losing for it.

You can do it, you just don't because you're too 'focused' and not 'aware'
LMAO That's actually a lesson from Ghandi XD The whole concentration vs alert thing hahaha

But yeah, you got this if you start learning when you should. Example, getting 2 stocked in the first 2 matches you play against someone... by ONE MOVE. XD

You can do it mang, piece of cake! :)

Edit: And yes Adam, his Ganon has potential. :)

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
k well thats fine james but
did it ever occur to you that if your sandbagging all of the okanagan and getting 3-0'd by me and kaelen
maybe you should start trying?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
no one except superboom ever beaten me in a tournament in smash 64 in bc
SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD
Jack let's play again sometime! Maybe not this weekend but Jan 30th when I come we'll have that Bow/e weird MM thing again! Go even again lol
:D

k well thats fine james but
did it ever occur to you that if your sandbagging all of the okanagan and getting 3-0'd by me and kaelen
maybe you should start trying?
Occur is the wrong word. lol
But no, there's no reason for me to. I get better screwing around than abusing simple bad habbits dully. (which is all I do against everyone good too, hence I need to get away from that)
If you understand that. lol

Hands off the panda.
Dude, we played Dota here and Roby was Panderan Brewmaster and I was Storm Spirit (also a panda) and there were like 4 pandas at a time running around the enemies ****** them. So panda ragequit!!!

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Dude, we played Dota here and Roby was Panderan Brewmaster and I was Storm Spirit (also a panda) and there were like 4 pandas at a time running around the enemies ****** them. So panda ragequit!!!
James, you have the uncanny ability to take a simple sentence and turn it into something completely irrelevant. /salute

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
uncanny ability
mmmmm candyyy.....

We played Donkey Kong for SNES today...my ability to play games that involve jumping over things and on peoples heads is HORRIBLE!

I finally beat a level in Mario, but couldn't in DK. SOOOO HARD!!!
Old games are awesome :D

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
i dont understand
you talk about how you want the okanagan to get better but then you say
"But no, there's no reason for me to. I get better screwing around than abusing simple bad habbits dully."
so
your sandbagging to make yourself better?
that makes no sense

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
i dont understand
you talk about how you want the okanagan to get better but then you say
"But no, there's no reason for me to. I get better screwing around than abusing simple bad habbits dully."
so
your sandbagging to make yourself better?
that makes no sense
gee smash sure is serious business. who really cares anymore at this point? james sure doesn't, you can tell by his posts.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
anymore?
You mean ever? ;D
lol

Playing bad players, you can still get better. But playing them strictly to **** them...that wouldn't make you better. Then playing good players, you'd get ***** for doing the things you'd do when you play bad players.

Like playing CPUs strictly to beat CPUs, then playing people with that same concept in mind.

Get it yet? lol

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
k well i dont really understand but
im not trying to be mean or anything, but im not interested in playing you if your going to sandbag me

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
k well i dont really understand but
im not trying to be mean or anything, but im not interested in playing you if your going to sandbag me
right, koski. smash is too ****ing serious to play someone just joking around. holy ****, you'd think your whole life revolved around smash or something. can't you just play a couple matches, mess around a bit, and be done with it for the day? does every single second playing the game HAVE to be devoted to getting better?

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
well yeah its ok a little bit
but not for like 30-40 matches in a row
well james is sort of just like that,some days he'll be super serious about getting better and some days he'll want to play deblob or anything but smash. the whole point of smash is to have fun, and when it gets to the point where it's super important to win no matter what, and you have to get better than james no matter what, it can become pretty annoying pretty fast

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Wait, people post in this thread still?

LOL jkz

It's not so much 'seriousness in getting better'

I get better sandbagging or not. Getting better =/= winning.
That's where people don't understand and why people learn slower than they should. (why BC didn't improve as quickly as it could've before people like me joined the community)

Everything I do, I get better at all the time. Often that doesn't involve straight up doing what I need to for a win. (example, 2 stocking someone with 1 move because they aren't changing what they do) I'll then turn to something I actually need work on and use that in the situation to experiment with it and get better at it.(example, WD/DDing around the stage as quickly as I can without getting hit)

If you don't like me sandbagging, that's fine. Though I won't play 'to win' when getting a win won't make me better. It's just a meaningless win, I'll take a 4 stock if it means I learn to ledgehop an aerial properly.

That's just me though. :\
And that's probably why I play this game very rarely yet still can compete with the best players I've ever faced and learn quicker at this game than anyone I've met to date. I may not win, but I can at least challenge them, and get better from it. Eventually I will be able to win, it's inevitable. Sandbagging, or not sandbagging.

That applies to everything in general life btw ;)

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Wait, people post in this thread still?

LOL jkz

It's not so much 'seriousness in getting better'

I get better sandbagging or not. Getting better =/= winning.
That's where people don't understand and why people learn slower than they should. (why BC didn't improve as quickly as it could've before people like me joined the community)

Everything I do, I get better at all the time. Often that doesn't involve straight up doing what I need to for a win. (example, 2 stocking someone with 1 move because they aren't changing what they do) I'll then turn to something I actually need work on and use that in the situation to experiment with it and get better at it.(example, WD/DDing around the stage as quickly as I can without getting hit)

If you don't like me sandbagging, that's fine. Though I won't play 'to win' when getting a win won't make me better. It's just a meaningless win, I'll take a 4 stock if it means I learn to ledgehop an aerial properly.

That's just me though. :\
And that's probably why I play this game very rarely yet still can compete with the best players I've ever faced and learn quicker at this game than anyone I've met to date. I may not win, but I can at least challenge them, and get better from it. Eventually I will be able to win, it's inevitable. Sandbagging, or not sandbagging.

That applies to everything in general life btw ;)
sandbagging in real life?
oh,****.

Top Bottom