• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Insert less offensive title here -

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Normally i keep everything that was typed in my threads, but it seems that no one is reading this one the same way i am.

5 Pages? It seems like everyone just loves me, don't they?

Let's review how this started.

I made a post about me and the effects of unnamed people (ie. not referring to anyone in particular). I even apologized in advance to anyone i might offend, and asked if anyone else felt the same way.

But for some reason, petty name calling and flaming came from some people. To be fair, I responded. However, it would seem that the smash community members who read this thread took everything i said personally, and each decided to add their own piece of disapproval.

Seriously; can't we just stop? Why do some people have a personal vendetta against me now?. I would point out the illogicality of further posts, but feel that it would be detrimental to both the smashboards community and my time. I realize that some may take my not replying to arguments and flames as a victory.

I really pity those who do.

Once AGAIN, I apologize in advance to anyone i might have offended; however this time I don't want to know what anyone thinks anymore. I have realized that sensible discussion is beyond this thread's reach.

- RazeveX (awaiting more flames)

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I actually fully understand how you feel. When brawl first came out I chose Snake, MK, G&W and Zelda as my mains. Then Snake, MK and G&W started becoming overused and people started jumping bandwagons because the three of them were considered to be the best. People called me cheap for maining the three best characters in the game as well. I dropped all three of them for so-called "less cheap" characters. Snake is the only one I am truly regretting dropping since I love playing as him and his playstyle fits me perfectly.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I sometimes feel that way with MK, however I still use him, and if they don't like me using MK, well tough **** then; they should find a way around his playstyle like I did with Snake and ROB.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
raven how do u beat ROB? lol gives me such a hard time. but yea dude continue with MK hes too good

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Words to live by, Master Raven. People have the same problem with Pikachu because too many idiots spam his thunder, thus giving pika players a bad name. Now I hear others saying that Meta-Knight is cheap because he can jump off the ledge to attack people and ruin their recoveries more easily than other aerial characters.

They just think that we're n00bs because we main (well, he's actually one of my secondaries) a character who has little to none ATs. They should just shut up!

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Thats right.

You see, half the people on smashboards consider a win from Metaknight to not be worth as much as a win from any other character. Snake? Sure, he has even better matchups, but people think he takes more skill, which means that his wins are justified.

Seriously; the last person i beat childishly would not accept it as a true "win" because metaknight is "cheap". I usually ignore people like this, but it is really bothering me that more and more of smashboards are becoming like this. The amount of threads and posts on the topic are just so nauseating that...

Anyway, the point is that from now on, I am a lucas main, with metaknight and pikachu as secondaries.
However, if smashers decide to grow up anytime soon, i will be happy to switch him back to my main.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I apologize in advance for anyone who might somehow be offended by this thread.
Please keep in mind that 90% of smashboards don't know what there talking about (or doing). Heck, some people I played called my main cheap (Which is madness). Listen to me, if someone whines about your character just say the following words "Quit Crying!!!". IC players also get the same treatment as well so I feel for them too. Don't give up MK, I found ways around him with my main, so should everyone else. Too much QQ'ing in brawl lately :(.

S0FT

Smash Ace
What a girl. You dropped metaknight because "idiots" told you it was cheap and not a real win? Who cares. Are you seriously that influenced by noobs that you have to change characters? Obvioulsy you have not read david sirlins book "playing to win."

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
in my opinion people who think others are cheap are noobs. metaknight can always be attacked by counter, projectiles and drop attacks out of mach-tornado

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
What a girl. You dropped metaknight because "idiots" told you it was cheap and not a real win? Who cares. Are you seriously that influenced by noobs that you have to change characters? Obvioulsy you have not read david sirlins book "playing to win."
I fully agree with this. noobs think its cheap cuz they cant get around it, making them noobs, making you win, making them think your cheap, which you shouldnt be influenced by.
a win is a win even if it was considerd cheap, them saying its cheap just makes you win even more, because they are whiny moaning assturds.

so if they think he's cheap. thats a good thing!!! :D

ADHD

Smash Hero
Meta in the hands of an amazing player is so difficult to beat, I can't even begin to tell you.

You can't mindgame this guy very well! :mad:

newblink02

Smash Rookie
everyones right, thats just a bunch of noobs being noobs so who cares? if your a competitive player then i'm assuming you want to play the best and probably be the best, so why are u listening to what the noobs say? if your goal is the big leagues, then having them whine about it just means your almost if not already there, just like bluebolt said, "so if they think he's cheap. thats a good thing!!! :D"

xcapablancax

Smash Cadet
my marth is treated the same way :( and marth isnt even really broken. the only character that anyone should complain about right now is snake

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Your character choices shouldnt depend on how others feel. I main Olimar, probably the most annoying character in the game, and I get told that ALL the time. I don't honestly care though, I'm good with him, top 150 in gamebattles and I have no intentions of changing him. I second Mk not because people say hes cheap but because I like him and I'm good with him, but I'm better with Olimar. If you like a character, don't let people tell you otherwise. If they don't think its a real win they wouldnt have had to think that if they had beat you, so its their problem. Theres too many whiny people on SWF that keep complaining about Mks and Snakes. They should main them if they don't like them or figure out ways around them. Every character has weaknesses, you just have to exploit them.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Your character choices shouldnt depend on how others feel. I main Olimar, probably the most annoying character in the game, and I get told that ALL the time. I don't honestly care though, I'm good with him, top 150 in gamebattles and I have no intentions of changing him. I second Mk not because people say hes cheap but because I like him and I'm good with him, but I'm better with Olimar. If you like a character, don't let people tell you otherwise. If they don't think its a real win they wouldnt have had to think that if they had beat you, so its their problem. Theres too many whiny people on SWF that keep complaining about Mks and Snakes. They should main them if they don't like them or figure out ways around them. Every character has weaknesses, you just have to exploit them.
I love this post because it's similar to my situation. I had a friend who made me stop using the Pikmin throw for an entire fight (because I killed him without getting touched...can't even do that on MK). I still won. Olimar is definitely the most annoying character to play against. Unless you're a slow heavy character with no range vs an arrow spamming Pit.

Anyways, to the OP:

I think the use of other characters is fine. If you're worried about your integrity (even among noobs), that's fine because as someone pointed out, "90% of smash boards don't know what they're doing or talking about." Thus 90% of the people who care what you say and do are noobs. If you want to worry about that, then keep MK, but find a second "non-cheap" character that you're good with. Then you have MK for everyone who knows what they're talking about and your "non-cheap" character for everyone else.

I play MK, Olimar and R.O.B.

I have relatively equal skill with MK and Olimar, but I play R.O.B. because my friends and brother think he is less cheap, he's fun to play with and I can play on my friends' levels (simply because I'm not as good with him).

Good luck in your endeavors on your new main(s).

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I have friends who stop playing if I win too much with Snake, so then I play as Link...

If you're in a tourney go with who's best. If not, it's really up to you, but don't let the majority decide for you.

Marth, the game's biggest priss, has it worst of all, and many still use him.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
It's no fun to play a game when the people you beat refuse to play you anymore. The match-up almost always has to be equal or else you lose good opponents. I've already lost a lot of my friends from "gay-ing" them to death in brawl.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I win with Toon Link and Meta Knight fairly equally, so I don't really have that problem, but I wouldn't let it affect me. Do u think I care about what people say about my MK after nearlly a year of hearing crap about my three melee mains of Marth, Falco, and Shiek?

ynnek123

Smash Ace
*sigh*
out of this single topic you can learn that people say a character is cheap when they keep losin to it.
So basically any bad character would be cheap vs a noob... think people, i mean, sonic cheap? LMAO

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
MK is cheap, at my last tourny I lost to a guy who honestly spammed whorenado, now my Falcon kick outprioritized it but only in the first few frames of start up after that, it GAINS priority not allowing me to beat it, until I play a legit MK who doesn't spam the whorenado or Dsmash MK is cheap in my books

btw he go fifth, beating out Sliq, who has the best Ganon i have ever seen. If that doesn't scream cheap to you try playing a MK as Falcon

MK is cheap, at my last tourny I lost to a guy who honestly spammed whorenado, now my Falcon kick outprioritized it but only in the first few frames of start up after that, it GAINS priority not allowing me to beat it, until I play a legit MK who doesn't spam the whorenado or Dsmash MK is cheap in my books

btw he go fifth, beating out Sliq, who has the best Ganon i have ever seen. If that doesn't scream cheap to you try playing a MK as Falcon
That's more of a testament of Falcon (And maybe partially you) sucking than MK being cheap/broken. Plus, how was he in the wrong useing the move that Falcon simply cannot handle at all?

And I'm just going to say this, those who are weak-hearted enough to let some silly idiots change their main simply because they're "Cheap" need to reevaluate themselves. A win is a win, and whether the character you're using is good or not is irrelevent. If they whine so much about him being cheap, then why don't they use him? They have no right to complain when they have access to the same options of characters that you do.

Seriously I can understand some cases such as just plain fall out of love with a character, but some people need to just grow some balls and deal with adversity from the fools that litter this place.

Hype

Smash Lord
The last person i beat childishly would not accept it as a true "win"QUOTE]

He was probebly not trying to put you down, but rather trying to save himself from accepting a loss.

The word "cheap" doesn't belong in competitive play, only "Banned" or "Legal". Sure some charaters are better than others, you could even say broken, but I would not consider them cheap. If you have it in your mind that somthing is cheap, it will only hold you back mentally. nothing is stoping anyone from maining a top tier charcater and I certainly wouldn't hold it against someone for doing so. many people are playing with only one objective, to win.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Here's a typical example of one of these idiots:

Feedback he left for me after HE WON and I said GGs. I learned not to listen to people like this after a while.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
truth of the story is i beat many meta knights and imo im not going to say cheap but really easy to use. There isnt really strategy behing him. noobs can play meta knight and almost win against a more experienced player. Noobs can play snake and lose terribly. I remember facing a meta knight and he managed to win once. thinking he was good he moved on to his other characters. He got 2 or 3 stocked using all of his other characters. Felt stoopid and went back to meta knight only to get owned after i figured him out. upB to sword cancel to down smash spammer.:laugh:

RATED

Smash Lord
hey pardon but don't change ur main bcuz people talks crap about u , I main MK too but I can use more characters like Rob , Olimar and Falco as secondaries. and don't let ignorant people's opinion get to u

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Here's a typical example of one of these idiots:

Feedback he left for me after HE WON and I said GGs. I learned not to listen to people like this after a while.
lmao.

There will always be whiners. Someone call the waaambulance. Patient is suffering from lack of "play to win".

truth of the story is i beat many meta knights and imo im not going to say cheap but really easy to use. There isnt really strategy behing him. noobs can play meta knight and almost win against a more experienced player. Noobs can play snake and lose terribly. I remember facing a meta knight and he managed to win once. thinking he was good he moved on to his other characters. He got 2 or 3 stocked using all of his other characters. Felt stoopid and went back to meta knight only to get owned after i figured him out. upB to sword cancel to down smash spammer.:laugh:
Oddly the reverse happens to me sometimes.

I get 2-3 stocked with my MK then I switch to either Snake, DDD, or Wolf (And sometimes Marth) and I beat them, sometimes handily, then I go back to MK and beat them just as bad if not worse O_o.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Thats right.

You see, half the people on smashboards consider a win from Metaknight to not be worth as much as a win from any other character. Snake? Sure, he has even better matchups, but people think he takes more skill, which means that his wins are justified.

Seriously; the last person i beat childishly would not accept it as a true "win" because metaknight is "cheap". I usually ignore people like this, but it is really bothering me that more and more of smashboards are becoming like this. The amount of threads and posts on the topic are just so nauseating that...

Anyway, the point is that from now on, I am a lucas main, with metaknight and pikachu as secondaries.
However, if smashers decide to grow up anytime soon, i will be happy to switch him back to my main.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I apologize in advance for anyone who might somehow be offended by this thread.
How old are you?

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
Don't let other people influence how you main.

They don't know b/c they keep getting beat by those particular opponents.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
n00b alert

HAHAHA! you think mk is cheap! you epically lose!!
If you had thought it was fair, you would have lost less, because be saying someone is cheap obviously means you got you fat butt kicked!
especially by using craptain falcon. he's anything but cheap! xD xD

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
1337 alert!

Ignore immature little kids. If people are actually affected by that then they're pretty pathetic.
I know right!

n00bs (or immature kids) thinking they are "cheap" means that they just get pwned hard, making them PUNY and PATHETIC!! xD

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Sir? I'm a girl and I sure as poodles am NOT dropping Metaknight any time soon.

As for the rest of you guys.

And here I didn't know Meta Knight was cheap or top tier until I came to these forums. I only chose him for the following reasons:

- He's adorable and bad@&! at the same time
- He. Has. A. SEXY. Voice.
- I needed someone else to play as. In Melee, I thought there were two characters: Zelda/Sheik and non-Zelda/Sheik.
- My RL friends like him, and I'm really tight with/easily influenced by them
- He has multiple jumps. Multiple jumps are nice.
- I mentioned his voice is sexy right?

Really, the fact that he is AMAZING in battle was just a nice suprise. I'm not dropping him anytime soon, nowaiz, but I might lie low a bit in order to bone up on Zelda/Sheik and Wolf.

Kiryu

Smash Rookie
I main Metaknight and Snake and have no plans of dropping either. The first time saw MK I said "I am so using Metaknight, without a doubt." Then he came out and I used him and enjoyed him. Then there was a crapload of threads about how Metaknight was overrated because he had no KO moves and how Wolf was the best character. I still kept using Metaknight. Now people are crying that they can't handle him. They should get better or stop playing. Simple.

As for Snake? I've been playing Metal Gear Solid games longer then I've been playing Smash games. Metal Gear Solid IS my favorite game franchise. I own every entry in the series, even the PSP ones and have played/beaten them all multiple times. When I saw he would be in Brawl I fully expected him to end up a crappy Joke character but intended on using him anyway. It just so happened he rocks the kazbar, go figure.

There is no reason to pander to the lowest common denominator. You paid $50 for your game to enjoy however the hell you see fit. If that means raining on the parade of those who want to piss about as crap characters, then too bad, when they run into me they're going to get rocked and I am going to enjoy myself.

Top Bottom