• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- Insert less offensive title here -

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
You did the right thing OP by dropping Metaknight because others said he was cheap. On a similar note you should switch your main to Captain Falcon to TRULY prove you can win without being cheap. /Sarcasm

Honestly though you shouldn't care what other people say about your main, even if he is the epitome of cheapness, whom can easily beat another player whom is more skilled but uses another character with his lagless quick attacks.

M@v

Subarashii!
i get it sometimes too. But I ignore it, and I point to snake's brokeness as well. I main fox and MK, and secondary Zamus, toon link, and Luigi. So i got plenty of people to win with if they are that whiny about it.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
**** what the little scrubs say. I'm a MK main until the end. Let them act like little girls while you pwn them with MK.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Thats right.

You see, half the people on smashboards consider a win from Metaknight to not be worth as much as a win from any other character. Snake? Sure, he has even better matchups, but people think he takes more skill, which means that his wins are justified.

Seriously; the last person i beat childishly would not accept it as a true "win" because metaknight is "cheap". I usually ignore people like this, but it is really bothering me that more and more of smashboards are becoming like this. The amount of threads and posts on the topic are just so nauseating that...

Anyway, the point is that from now on, I am a lucas main, with metaknight and pikachu as secondaries.
However, if smashers decide to grow up anytime soon, i will be happy to switch him back to my main.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I apologize in advance for anyone who might somehow be offended by this thread.
i play meta knight solely because i love playing him. im doing what gimpyfish did. only this time, the characters considered amazing/broken. lol

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i know mk is a great character but SOOOOO many people play mk that at a tourney its really hard to do anything that people haven't seen before, i think its fun playing characters that others around the area don't see very often and beating them badly,. mk is a great 2nd, there are plenty of other characters to main that will rock people, and if they try to counter pick you, go mk and seal the victory, sounds easy, and works most of the time

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm considering dropping Mk, but not because people consider me cheap with him. Rather, because even I think he's cheap. Really, I don't get that 'deserving satisfaction' when I win with him. He's too good. This is making me play with him less.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
The best thing about this game is that there are more the 5 playable characters, at least half of the ssbb cast can do well at tourneys and seeing variety is quite nice

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
you are ******** if you let people talk you out of maining a character. seriously. if it aint broke dont fix it just because little noobs are *****ing.

GRAMMARLOL

Smash Rookie
It's better than being Marth. Get the same bull**** AND he's not even that great anymore. At least MK is actually good.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
What a girl. You dropped metaknight because "idiots" told you it was cheap and not a real win? Who cares. Are you seriously that influenced by noobs that you have to change characters? Obvioulsy you have not read david sirlins book "playing to win."
I fully agree with this. noobs think its cheap cuz they cant get around it, making them noobs, making you win, making them think your cheap, which you shouldnt be influenced by.
a win is a win even if it was considerd cheap, them saying its cheap just makes you win even more, because they are whiny moaning assturds.

so if they think he's cheap. thats a good thing!!! :D
Why the hell do you care what idiots say?
everyones right, thats just a bunch of noobs being noobs so who cares? if your a competitive player then i'm assuming you want to play the best and probably be the best, so why are u listening to what the noobs say? if your goal is the big leagues, then having them whine about it just means your almost if not already there, just like bluebolt said, "so if they think he's cheap. thats a good thing!!! :D"
You're always going to be in for a rough time if you start listening to sore losers.
I have friends who stop playing if I win too much with Snake, so then I play as Link...

If you're in a tourney go with who's best. If not, it's really up to you, but don't let the majority decide for you.

Marth, the game's biggest priss, has it worst of all, and many still use him.
I win with Toon Link and Meta Knight fairly equally, so I don't really have that problem, but I wouldn't let it affect me. Do u think I care about what people say about my MK after nearlly a year of hearing crap about my three melee mains of Marth, Falco, and Shiek?
MK is cheap, at my last tourny I lost to a guy who honestly spammed whorenado, now my Falcon kick outprioritized it but only in the first few frames of start up after that, it GAINS priority not allowing me to beat it, until I play a legit MK who doesn't spam the whorenado or Dsmash MK is cheap in my books

btw he go fifth, beating out Sliq, who has the best Ganon i have ever seen. If that doesn't scream cheap to you try playing a MK as Falcon
That's more of a testament of Falcon (And maybe partially you) sucking than MK being cheap/broken. Plus, how was he in the wrong useing the move that Falcon simply cannot handle at all?

And I'm just going to say this, those who are weak-hearted enough to let some silly idiots change their main simply because they're "Cheap" need to reevaluate themselves. A win is a win, and whether the character you're using is good or not is irrelevent. If they whine so much about him being cheap, then why don't they use him? They have no right to complain when they have access to the same options of characters that you do.

Seriously I can understand some cases such as just plain fall out of love with a character, but some people need to just grow some balls and deal with adversity from the fools that litter this place.
hey pardon but don't change ur main bcuz people talks crap about u , I main MK too but I can use more characters like Rob , Olimar and Falco as secondaries. and don't let ignorant people's opinion get to u
How old are you?
Don't let other people influence how you main.

They don't know b/c they keep getting beat by those particular opponents.
You did the right thing OP by dropping Metaknight because others said he was cheap. On a similar note you should switch your main to Captain Falcon to TRULY prove you can win without being cheap. /Sarcasm

Honestly though you shouldn't care what other people say about your main, even if he is the epitome of cheapness, whom can easily beat another player whom is more skilled but uses another character with his lagless quick attacks.
**** what the little scrubs say. I'm a MK main until the end. Let them act like little girls while you pwn them with MK.
Stop being soft?
you are ******** if you let people talk you out of maining a character. seriously. if it aint broke dont fix it just because little noobs are *****ing.
Read the first post update.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You insist switching mains had nothing to do with criticism, and yet you go on about how "idiots have forced you into it", and how you'll be "glad to switch back when they grow up." So which is it?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
The best thing about this game is that there are more the 5 playable characters, at least half of the ssbb cast can do well at tourneys and seeing variety is quite nice
If you want to win tourneys you use either Snake/MK/G&W. If you want to just place high go use the other garbage characters.

To the OP - Unless you drop MK to use either Snake or G&W you won't be winning anytime soon. So my advice is stick with MK or learn the only other two tourney viable characters.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
That's going a little far, isn't it? Look at the character rankings thread, and you'll see that plenty of other characters are capable of winning tournaments...

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
mk usually seems overpowered compared to someone less-experienced than you, so do it.. drop metaknight, don't use him unless you feel that you want to. there are plenty of good characters so it's not like if you don't use top tier you won't ever win. I chose mk because I like his feel, same reason I use pikachu.
unfortunately it can be harder to tell the difference between a good metaknight and a mediocre one at times but I belive that with enough practice anyone can win (some just have bigger learning curves hehe)

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I guess i just can't respond to flames without receiving more, huh?

@ samdaballer: How does that fit in to any of this?

@ Col. Stauffenberg: firstly i'm going to say THANKYOU, in all seriousness. Because you actually replied with LOGIC as opposed to the flaming idiocy that composes a large portion of this thread. I wasn't sure whether to quote you or not because you were not rude, however i felt that you might have misunderstood the situation like the rest of the quotes.

Anyway, I was slightly angry when i wrote the first post, so the wording might have some unintended connotations. However, i still stand by what i said. They did force me; by partially ruining metaknight for me. I could have continued with metaknight, but then i would only be cutting off my nose to spite my face, so to speak. I felt that my best option was to use a more satisfactory character, but that would have never happened if metaknight was thought of as most characters are.

And yes, i will be glad to switch back when they grow up. I know that the way i have written that does not effectively express what i was trying to say, but what i meant was when metaknight is accepted as other characters are, the victory feelings associated with metaknight should return.

Overall, I know i have been a bit dramatic about the situation, but at the time i felt like i had to be. It seemed like no one knew how much **** metaknight mainers go through.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
I guess i just can't respond to flames without receiving more, huh?

@ samdaballer: How does that fit in to any of this?

@ Col. Stauffenberg: firstly i'm going to say THANKYOU, in all seriousness. Because you actually replied with LOGIC as opposed to the flaming idiocy that composes a large portion of this thread. I wasn't sure whether to quote you or not because you were not rude, however i felt that you might have misunderstood the situation like the rest of the quotes.

Anyway, I was slightly angry when i wrote the first post, so the wording might have some unintended connotations. However, i still stand by what i said. They did force me; by partially ruining metaknight for me. I could have continued with metaknight, but then i would only be cutting off my nose to spite my face, so to speak. I felt that my best option was to use a more satisfactory character, but that would have never happened if metaknight was thought of as most characters are.

And yes, i will be glad to switch back when they grow up. I know that the way i have written that does not effectively express what i was trying to say, but what i meant was when metaknight is accepted as other characters are, the victory feelings associated with metaknight should return.

Overall, I know i have been a bit dramatic about the situation, but at the time i felt like i had to be. It seemed like no one knew how much **** metaknight mainers go through.
It has everything to do with it, you said that you do not feel accomplished when winning with meta knight, but one with the spirit of competition would feel accomplished with a win regardless the circumstances and it is not an unfair advantage to use MK, he's in the game and he's not banned anyone can choose to play him

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
It has everything to do with it, you said that you do not feel accomplished when winning with meta knight, but one with the spirit of competition would feel accomplished with a win regardless the circumstances and it is not an unfair advantage to use MK, he's in the game and he's not banned anyone can choose to play him
If I beat Kobey in basketball and he had a broken arm and a sprained ankle I wouldn't exactly feel accomplished. I am rather competitive also...

seshun

Smash Apprentice
I have a new term for players that lose than get mad and use meta knight. Last Resort Meta Knight Noob lol. i have yet to play an ineffective meta knight. Is there such thing? btw, who doesnt main or second meta knight these days. I DON'T. Ill stay cheap free pride Jkz jkz, but really. Thats it for my meta-minute. Have a good day.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I don't believe Metaknight to be cheap. His attacks come out quickly and that makes many people think he's fast, but speed is also in the character's movements, not just in their attacks. He is just not as fast as some people think he is.

Disclaimer: IMHO

Master Raven

Smash Master
lol

Every Meta Knight player who just started using him would usually get beaten by me.

Hurrrr.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
OP likes calling people noobs. I think we know what it means when someone does that.

D

Deleted member

lol so i skimmed this thread and lold a bit =D

i saw something about snake needing more skill or something and he was more rewarding than mk to win with and thats fine but i guess ill add my two cents in here.

i didnt feel like trying against skilled mk users because i always play dittos(of course some probably already knew that hahaha)so i pulled out snake who i used like once and all i did was up-tilt mk's and win easily lol.

also,ease up with the noobs thing for who-ever is using it,this is a site created to help people get better at smash with the help(and patience)of others that may be more knowledge-able on the game and whatnot.If this was melee maybe it would be a more serious issue but its not because the over-all skill it actually takes to win in brawl is slim to none(wich is why ppl always ditto me or use snake).

samdaballer

Smash Ace
If I beat Kobey in basketball and he had a broken arm and a sprained ankle I wouldn't exactly feel accomplished. I am rather competitive also...
ya but thats having an unfair advantage, but im saying if kobe plays in a suit and dress shoes and you play in basketball gear and jordans, thats not an unfair advantage, he decided to wear the suit, just like the guy youre playing is not choosing a what people say "op" character.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
If he was too cheap he wouldn't be in the game. Or he woul'dve been nerfed I'm sukurai wanted an unbeatable character in his game. grow up guys.

Also if you don't like Metaknight anymore, why post? I don't why you think we should care it's the same thing over and over again.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
If he was too cheap he wouldn't be in the game. Or he woul'dve been nerfed I'm sukurai wanted an unbeatable character in his game. grow up guys.

Also if you don't like Metaknight anymore, why post? I don't why you think we should care it's the same thing over and over again.
Game. Set. Match.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Not trying to "flame some more". but maybe you could point out MK's weaknesses to your friends? Like killing over the top of the screen? He lives for forever when people try to KO left-to-right, but over the top he can go at ridiculously low percent.

The Mach Tornado can be blocked by anyone with disjointed hitboxes or projectiles. Also, any character with the correct timing can line up an attack right on his head (from above). Though thats much harder >.>

To sympathize, my friends don't like it when I play MK either. I use my secondary on them, Ike. I guess winning with him "feels better" but thats probably just because I love Ike Spiking with a passion. This switch is made because a) i have a secondary i can use, and b) these are the only people I play with and if they don't agree to play with me, I get nobody except online + lag.

I will not, however, ever switch my main. Someone mentioned liking MK ever since his first appearance, and I agree with the sentiment. Even though I'm a guy and I don't find his voice sexy... heh. back to relevant things, I picked him because he fit my play style. Fast attacks but without the fast midair movement (i.e. fox and falco, the fast fallers, wario and jiggs, the side to side acceleration masters). Same reason I didn't use fox in melee, i just couldn't play with that kind of midair acceleration tacked on. Hence, sheik. But she got power nerfed.

So, I see where you're coming from, but having a main is something you should pick and be proud of, no matter what. Melee sheik and MK get the same flak. No "real" combos, no "real" skill necessary, etc etc. But a win is a win, no matter what.

Anyways, thats what I think about the subject. Just thought I'd try to pitch in as logically as possible.

Kenpachi

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i beat a good meta with ddd. the match took for eveeer tho. mk takes some skill tho. i like him he reminds me of melee marth and how he does everything 10x better. but if you think mk is broken or cheap try to vs a good DK or a half good snake. if u think snakes cheap just own him with DK or something. also pick the right stage so you get an advantage. common pple

NO JONHS

Top Bottom