• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think we should keep having freeklies until INN5, then we do what spaceballs suggest.

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't think so. It was fun, but everbody won't keep driving out everytime if there is no money involved.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The thing with money is though, only a few people make any money off of the tournaments, and only those consistantly. The only other money made is off of MMs.

Nite

Smash Champion
Some people still don't want to pay gas money to come play friendlies. Even the people who don't have a chance at winning the money will enter to play people at there best. In friendlies, players are not forced to play at there best. If there is some money on the line then people play more serious and that's what people want to play.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Some people still don't want to pay gas money to come play friendlies. Even the people who don't have a chance at winning the money will enter to play people at there best. In friendlies, players are not forced to play at there best. If there is some money on the line then people play more serious and that's what people want to play.
AGREED!!!!!!

I know I don't have a chance at winning, but I feel like I'm there for a reason when we do real tournements. We drive two and a half hours to get there and I'm not sure If I would do it agian for a freekly next week.

On another note, We really waste TOO MUCH TIME doing nothing. It happens at all the biweeklies, and we really can get a regular tourney (doubles, singles) and maybe low tier with friendlies in between. I just think we could use a little more structure thats all.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Duke - no, it would have to be all or nothing. There's already too many distractions. I don't need to be specific here....

Another thing that people haven't mentioned is the MSPR. A lot of that info comes from the biweeklies. As long as we're doing friendlies we can't get any info for another update, other than OOS tournies.

I agree that things have gotten laxed at the tournies lately, and I'll take blame for it. I like to have things setup so that it all runs itself, there have just been too many factors that I should've taken control of instead of letting them resolve themselves.

Next biweekly will be standard, and it'll go by smoother. After thinking things over, I don't foresee a freekly until at least after INN V

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I like the freeklies a bunch, but what Zane says goes.

I will probably be coming to the bi-weeklies but I don't think I will be entering the actual tournaments unless I find some cash, because I am rather lacking in that at the moment.

So if anyone needs some training against C.Falcon look for the guy with the afro. :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
... someone needs to make a Falco combo vid called Bird Flu, rofl

Saber's afo makes a lot of people jealous. Oh, and I ended up not making it to J-town this weekend Saber. I was worn out. Next weekend :)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
View - I actually was sick all Saturday whenever I got back from the bi-weekly, it was pretty bad too. :(

Zane - I think Sarg and View are gonna try to make it down sometime next week as well, would be cool for us to play smash at my house. :)

Lol, for the next bi-weekly I'm gonna comb my afro to make it really poofy, it will be awesome.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
just a heads up to let you guys know that I didn't die or anything--

i probably wont be able to smash for a while due to life. i might have been able to go to falcon punchion, but then mom said no. biweeklies are going to be rough to get by her, considering that she pulled me out of this last friday's at the last second.

also... i have a youth legislature conference in Nashville on the weekend of INNsomnia V, i realized today.

hooray. also though, im going to CBU next year.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Sorry to here that zane man my heart gose out there for you. I know it is hard to lose a loved one. Sorry if i brought it up and it was a while back

Well i am finally back on the in-o-net and i am loving it

ps I seen most of the matches but none of me and nite that austin had is there a place i can find them

@-chad can i trust you to be a partner in the teams next time ?

@-nite tell me when you want to fight if possibly this week

@-Kyo no speaking all i want is actions

@-Yang can you hook me up or show me how to do the sig thing thanks

@-Smashter you link & myz match look awsome big props

@-View i have to talk to you whenever possible

ps i love you guys :093: and sorry lance my haunter is following you as we speak that explains the havoc you have been facing.

moogle

Smash Ace
time for a news update

It seems Thief can't make it to Falconpunction. :( But! There is hope for him yet. It is likely he and I can attend the next biweekly, February 23. Oh yeah, we're taking teams, bishes! That just seemed like it would be fun to say.... I can't guarantee it though. ;)

Fun note: Saturday, February 24 happens to be my birthday.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Thanks Iori. Apparently there is a ray of light in all that darkness... Also, there is a thread called the Atlantic South Sig Shop or something like that. You can drop an idea for a sig and it'll be posted when it's made. Epsilon is amazing at sigs :)

Moooooooogle! <3 Can't wait to see ya again :) I know Sir Zero was looking for you. Something about a n64 and smash and him 5 stocking you... not sure on the details. Might want to talk to him to confirm, I don't want to start be the one starting rumors... <_<

Handorin

Smash Hero
nooooo. Yang isnt going to INNV? This brings me great sadness.

must.. make... nect BW...

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
YAY. My internet is finally back up. It will proly take me a while to catch up on whats been going on here, but its all good.

And just assuming from zane's post above, I guess moogle will be coming to the next biweekly. YAY. We missed ya.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Moogle- Don't listen to Zane! He's daft! He's got bats in his belfry! I did wanna play ya in 64, though.

Zane- Come on, everyone knows I play Melee tourney rules on 64! 5 stock? Blasphemy! *tapes Zane's mouth to avoid getting stabbed by Moogle*

Ambix

Smash Ace
Myz is lifting weights at the moment and chad gets off work in a few minuets.

Duke: anyone else from the bloodline want to come?

Everytime your post contains lame RP God kills a loli.
Think of the loli's please.

Ambix

Smash Ace
quoted from austin on aim

Smash boards refuses to let me post, so could you reply to Iori's last post and tell him we have places to play. Specefically I was giong to post "We have places to play. Like three different houses to choose from."
lazyness is a sin iori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom