• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Thread

Who is your favorite character from INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

• Total voters

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ares and his teleport give him a hard time too.

I'm liking the game so far. Especially the way meter is spent. I wish they came up with something as smart for gaining meter in the first place. SF-like meter gain is so unintuitive :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Also, it's slightly easier than you'd think with Harley and Catwoman to get in since Cat Stance and Tantrum Stance go under all but the low shots, and can counter on the recovery part with Up-Whip, or Tantrum Stance>X

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And it's a teleport that doesn't have enough invincibility frames to get around Deathstrokes gun spam. It's no better than a forward dash.

What's your GT? I can't play tonight but I can tomorrow.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm maining Hawkgirl. She has a really hard time with good zoners. I think her style is very counter-intuitive for most people, and I'm willing to bet she's not the most popular character in the first place.

Will probably have to switch to Catwoman overall to deal with stuff like Deathstroke and Sinestro.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hawkgirl deals with zoners way better than catwoman does...except for sinestro

she kinda has this thing in which she flies (reason why sinestro is good against her)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah....Catwoman can't really deal with zoners all that well. That Deathstroke match...Actually, I still have a hard time with that match as Harley too, so I'm considering seconding Black Adam to deal with zoners because I've heard he can.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
harley is way better against deathstroke than black adam is

her straight shot is way faster than any of deathstroke's projectiles, you can literally spam it and stop his zoning

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I tried out the demo, this game feels weird. Not necessarily bad though. I don't know if I want to pick it up yet, but I would like to try the Flash.

I'm also a DC fan, in a way, so that's a plus, even if I'm mad DC still doesn't want Wally to exist.

But I don't know how long I would actually play this game. I'll think about it.

I do however love the fact that this game has frame data listed ingame, I would love it if more fighting games would do this.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
pick it up, it's fun as hell (even though the online is mediocre)

flash is hella fun to use

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
harley is way better against deathstroke than black adam is

her straight shot is way faster than any of deathstroke's projectiles, you can literally spam it and stop his zoning

Uh, I don't know where you're getting that because I've tried that against a lot of Deathstrokes online and that has never once worked. Black Adam has the instant projectile that forms at the opponent, and the massively fast foot dive that can go over everything.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if you block any of deathstroke's projectile, you can punish it with her straight shot, on top of that, her straight shot is +4 on block, meaning he can't even attempt to shoot inbetween, all he can do is crouch and hope you miss

harley outzones deathstroke pretty easily compared to most characters

harley stuffs a lot of deathstroke's options

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm starting to get good at this game... Not great but good. I've made a lot of progress since I've started and definitely win more often than I lose now.

By the way I just sent you a friend request Mood4food77. Name is XxSteadyEddyxX.

D1

Banned via Administration
Went from Joker, to Black Adam, and now I'm staying with Killer Frost. No reason to change mains now.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
hawkgirl deals with zoners way better than catwoman does...except for sinestro

she kinda has this thing in which she flies (reason why sinestro is good against her)
I guess if all your opponent is doing is shooting along the ground flight helps but it's simply not very effective against solid players.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I know, it's my new favorite video on youtube lol

Yeah, I HAD a 41 win streak, then a stupid tupid cyborg killed it... KILLED IT

TreK

Is "that guy"
Just played a week of Ares. I may be just a bit obstinate, because the character is kinda bad. No getup options, no legit antiair, no real defense in fact. Sure, he can get in on even Deathstroke more easily than anybody else, but his combos hardly do any damage xD
Only thing he has going for him is a very neat reset (meterburned godsmack), and even then, some characters can counter it.

I'll probably switch to Aquaman next week.

D

Deleted member

I think Solomon Grundy plays like Zangief. They're both grapplers and have command grabs.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Gotta love the idiots who are so concerned about their W/L ratio that they won't even accept my challenge when they see that I have an even higher W/L.

They don't get it... The only way you get better in fighting games is to intentionally play people that are better than you.

I guess they'd just rather play against bad kids all day just to protect their record... sad

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Gotta love the idiots who are so concerned about their W/L ratio that they won't even accept my challenge when they see that I have an even higher W/L.

They don't get it... The only way you get better in fighting games is to intentionally play people that are better than you.

I guess they'd just rather play against bad kids all day just to protect their record... sad

Or they might just be putting it off to make sure their W/L is high and THEN going to play against people better than them, lol.

Coney

Smash Master
this game just makes me mad

i hate games when the low-level strategies have more options than anything else...like, half of the cast can just retreat, shooting lasers and using interactables as they come. sure there's counterplay, but only when you get to a certain competency to be able to counter it. it makes the low-level gameplay REALLY ****ty

half the interactables are free damage too, which sucks a lot

not having fun yet but maybe i will soon, the immediate reaction is that this game is everything i hated about brawl, scary

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You just haven't figured out how to punish the intractables yet, and yes they are avoidable and far from free damage. When someone is using an interactable from a distance just use a well timed back dash or backwards jump (depending on the interactable) to avoid it. When someone is close to you and uses one, you can abuse the invincibility frames during a meter burned F3/B3 and dash cancel it for a free punish while your opponent is still recovering from the interactable animation.

But honestly though low level gameplay in nearly every FG is pretty crappy to an extent. You just gotta keep at it. I've been using the same character since release and I'm learning new tricks with him every day.

Coney

Smash Master
yeah i definitely see that...i play grundy and i'm just now getting the handle of cancelling WC to use the super armor

i guess it's just because i play grundy and don't have any way to punish people for going for interactables (at least not aerial ones) since they'll just be running away from me the entire match

i prob just have to play someone else until i know more about the game, i get grundy's good but it's so frustrating being ran away from 100% of the time, it's like my brawl career all over again

i never meant to say it's a bad game or anything, i just feel like the stages are HUGE and heavily favor just zoning and camping with not enough options (at least, not immediately visible ones) for offensive play

Top Bottom