• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Thread

Who is your favorite character from INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

• Total voters

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
Welcome!

(I do not wish to recieve flak for talking about a different fighting game on a SSB forum)

Injustice is an upcoming video game (April 16th) from Netherrealm Studios (Mortal Kombat) featuring DC Comic Book Characters Only. Instead of featuring toned down fatalities, the game is going to have over-the-top comic book action.

Please talk about Injustice here, from favorite characters, to praise and such...

I preordered with a season pass. Any others Pre Orders?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Killer Frost seems like an off choice to me

finalark

SNORLAX
While we're here I'm going to say that renaming Captain Marvel to Shazam was one of the stupidest things to come out of New 52. I know its because people who don't read comics mistakenly call him Shazam (that is, the very small number of people who don't read comics that know that Captain Marvel even exists) but what DC doesn't get that if people aren't interested in reading comics then they're not going to read them. And stupidly reconning a name to try and appeal to people who aren't interested in comics won't change a thing. It's like if Nintendo changed Link's name to Zelda to try and appeal to people who don't play LoZ.

Rant over. Cyborg for god tier.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I always thought the name change from Captain Marvel to Shazam was due to some legal thing from Marvel Comics that I'd heard rumours of, even though I never bothered investigating it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I always thought the name change from Captain Marvel to Shazam was due to some legal thing from Marvel Comics that I'd heard rumours of, even though I never bothered investigating it.
Na. They've both had characters named Captain Marvel forever now. Captain Marvel's book is called Shazam because Marvel already had a book called Captain Marvel.

Marvel.

demo is on xbl
Do we know if it's on PSN yet?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You're right good sir. I played around with it a bit, and Batman seems to be the most fun one to use. However, I'm not sure on how to use the whole background interaction thing, like knocking them into the helicopter in the background or how to do a stage transition.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
R1 shows up next to your character's Health Bar/Name when you can interact with something up in the top.

I watched my brother play the demo and I have to admit that I'm impressed, it looks a lot more smooth than MK and the amount of options/mind games that seem to be present piqued my interest. The demo probably could've given you better choices, but meh.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
R1 shows up next to your character's Health Bar/Name when you can interact with something up in the top.

I watched my brother play the demo and I have to admit that I'm impressed, it looks a lot more smooth than MK and the amount of options/mind games that seem to be present piqued my interest. The demo probably could've given you better choices, but meh.

Does that work the same for when you can knock somebody into a different part of the stage, or when you can do like, combos that include interaction too?

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
I dont believe so ^. I tried doing this, but no buttons appeared. It seems the super attack will knock your opponent of that tier of the level.

Like Wonder Woman's sword play, not her charcacter. Wish Doomsday was playable... (he's in the battle mode)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
back and heavy attack (A on the xbox, X on the ps3) is used at the corners of the stage for a stage transition

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
Killer Frost seems like an off choice to me
I'll take a stab at that (no pun intended, if their was any): They needed a female character. They probably were thinking Mr. Freeze, but they needed a female so they replaced him with Killer Frost

back and heavy attack (A on the xbox, X on the ps3) is used at the corners of the stage for a stage transition
Thanks, will try it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they wanted a frost character, since sub zero is the most popular MK character (it's either him or scorpion)
mr. freeze would've annoyed too many people with there being a lot of batman characters (we already have batman, catwoman, joker, harley, nightwing, bane, and grundy, we don't need more)

it was really between her and captain cold, either would've been fine, i think they wanted boobs

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i played some multiplayer with my roomie last night, gotta say, the game is fun as hell. The matches are quick, the interactables are awesome, it gets really tense when you're stuck in the corner

can't wait for the full game

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Have all the characters been announced now?
I was hoping for Martian Manhunter.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The game's been leaked so story spoilers are out there. It's interesting.

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
What factions would each character be on? Superman's or Batman's?

The villians seem to hard to tell, but I could probably guess a few hereoes and try a few villains.

Wonder Woman, good friend of Sups
Aquaman, maybe Batman
Catwoman, definitley Bats
Cyborg, friend of Robin, so Bats again
Flash, probably Sups
Green Arrow, friends with him in Smallville, so Sups
Green Lantern is a toss up
Hawkgirl also seems like a toss
Lex is a safe bet with Bats, unless he manipulates Sups
Nightwing is definite Bats
Raven, seems like a toss
Captain Marvel has an uneasy relationship with Sups, so Bats here

Anyone else want to try?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
so there are gonna be 4 dlc characters. who do u guys hope they'll be.
i personally would want
Blue Beetle
Black Canary
Zatanna
Gorilla Grodd

finalark

SNORLAX
In the current Superman series they introduced a pretty major character named H'el. I'm actually pretty fond of him and wouldn't mind him getting a spot as DLC.

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
I think the DLC will try to appeal to both hardcore comic fans and casual fans. I don't think H'el will be. But Zatanna sounds good. And maybe Manhunter.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My guess for the 4 characters in the season pass are:

J'onn (Is one of the most requested characters.)
Peej (Won 60% of a twitter poll by Ed Boon)
Animal Man and Swamp Thing (Their comics were hinted by Ed Boon on Halloween in the same manner Green Arrow, Deathstroke, and two others were hinted as).

Lobo will probably come after.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll probably be checking out this game simply for the story. At least Nether Realm tries compared to Namco or Capcom and their fighters.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if anybody caught it, but there was a stream last night where Pig of the Hutt and a bunch of other MK9 people were talking about the characters and where they think they'll fall and I think they made the prediction that Raven, Nightwing, and Killer Frost are likely to be in the Top 5. Either way, I'm pretty hype for this game coming out tomorrow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like to see Lobo, Static, Darkseid, Blue Beetle

I used to be a fan of Swamp Thing when I was a little kid

For batman, I would have liked to see Mr. Freeze (Alternate costume: Arnold Freeze) and the Penguin (Which would be hilarious)

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I wanted to pick up raven, but after playing around with the cast, i think I'm better with aquaman...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Black Adam is the ****, especially with his alt costume to turn into Dwayne Johnson

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Looking forward to playing this.
I'm planning on using The Flash, Raven, Batman, and probably Cyborg and Bane.

I'm happy with the roster overall; I'm not too familiar with DC at all, but other than Black Adam, Killer Frost, and Ares, I know all of them lol.

Top Bottom