• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Thread

Who is your favorite character from INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

• Total voters

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know from initially seeing things I've been thinking of using Harley, Raven, Catwoman, or Green Lantern, but I haven't played as the latter 2 and in fact haven't gotten to play as most of the roster yet to really quite know how people play.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm sure as hell not upset at having to watch the victory animations. Seeing Grundy pick up people and throw them like "GET OUT OF MY STAGE, FOOLS!" or Flash uppercut them away, or Harley punt them away is amazing.

Also, for anybody playing this on a stick, what would you say feels better for it? The normal MK9 style notations, or the Street Fighter style move ones?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Thinking about picking this game up... Can anyone give me somewhat of an idea of how accessible this game is for fighting game newbies like myself? Never played Mortal Kombat in my life by the way.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
what do you mean? You unlocked Zod?
Zod? Pshh...nothing can hold a candle to our lord and savior, Emperor Superman.

Thinking about picking this game up... Can anyone give me somewhat of an idea of how accessible this game is for fighting game newbies like myself? Never played Mortal Kombat in my life by the way.
If you haven't played that much fighters, then you should have an eaier time adjusting to the controls. Still taking me awhile to get used to it but once you do, it's pretty fun to play. I'm having a blast with a couple of groups on KOTH.

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
I got into 2 KOTH matches. The first I lost to the king in a good battle. I tip my hat off to that Catwoman. But next, someone chose Black Adam, who spammed his f*cking lightning and combo'd me several times into the edge of the map.

How do you block? (Xbox)

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Yeah you hold back to block :/

By the way, I think they fixed the bug where you get a game loss if someone ragequits on you.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah you hold back to block :/

By the way, I think they fixed the bug where you get a game loss if someone ragequits on you.

I hope so. I mean, my Win/Loss record online in fighting games is never that great since I usually practice with people who are better than I am, but I can understand how it'd upset some people completely.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I stopped playing games before because the community judged by win loss ratio on everything

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think they ninja buffed the online in general, the past 2 days it feels a lot better, i have yet to get disconnected from someone who didn't rage quit

i wanna play another character but harley is just way too much fun, her mix-ups are top notch, she's fast, and she can zone, she can do it all

i just want to find that other character...but no other character clicks with me

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Yeah, I guess it's fixed (for PSN anyway). Now you get a win if someone ragequits :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard Lobo is going to be in the DLC for the game

Though I really don't like the design

Lobo is suppose to be a parody of characters in the 90's such as Young Blood, etc. Ultra violent, ulra ripped, etc

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm really digging Nightwing in this.

Staff modes so godlike in the footsie game, and his ground projectile makes for an amazing anti-zoning tool.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I can see him being good, but I do kinda hate fighting him. Not gonna lie though, Catwoman seems pretty good, and I can kinda picture using her or Nightwing a bit. Black Adam has potential and I might wind up using Harley if I can get the hang of her.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
harley quinn might be top tier, outside of green lantern, i don't see a match-up in which she loses, she does everything

she has the top high-low mix-up in the game
her zoning is actually really good, especially with the air shot
she has crazy good rushdown and deals a good amount of damage (my BnB does 40% midscreen, no meter)
her anti-airs are a little lacking but i guess she can't be good at everything

she's pretty much a combination of Striker (from MK) and hwoarang (from Tekken)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's a good way of describing her. I mean hell, you can do the basic 1,1,2 string into Tantrum Stance 4 (aka square>square>triangle>Tantrum Stance>X) to get 25% damage without really any trouble whatsoever. Still though, Nightwing actually scares me more.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nightwing is a bully, his mix-up game isn't that good but he's so safe on block you pretty much have to burn meter to get out of the corner

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just got the game yesterday and have already played over 100 online matches (I'm addicted). I randomly chose Shazam in training mode and haven't touched anyone else since. He's really fun (challenging) to use but I don't see him being a top character.

Nightwing, Green Lantern, Flash, and Deathstroke are annoying as hell to go up against... especially Nightwing. Still have no idea how to deal with his jab pressure but I'll figure it out.

But overall this game is mad fun.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'd love to be playing this but Zavvi are still 'Awaiting Stock Pick' even though I preordered it at the start of last week and it's now apparently available for 24 Hours delivery and was due to be dispatched at launch on Friday -_-.

Going off streams I don't really see why objects wouldn't be used in competitive play. Some of the strange transitions seem pretty strong, possibly more so than the PS2 MK games, but I'm not sure first hand how you go about using them.

Kixzynz

Smash Cadet
What do you mean? How they are used in the game? That is Back Control Stick (A) or (X).

Or do you mean how someone will actually do this move on a competitive level since it is really slow.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What do you mean? How they are used in the game? That is Back Control Stick (A) or (X).

Or do you mean how someone will actually do this move on a competitive level since it is really slow.
I meant control wise. As I said I've not had chance to play it yet.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
stage transitions are fine

a lot of characters bnb's are 30-40%, getting one of these in the middle of a combo may increase the damage by 3-4% and it puts pressure on the opponent when they're stuck in one of those corners

it doesn't really add anything to fighting outside of a cool cutscene

you need to be more worried about IO (interact-able objects), they're not broken (besides the pig...**** that thing), but they are game changers, they really quickly teach you that MB f/b3 is a really useful move

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Started playing this, like Shazam the most (I love the way his grabs look) working on a Nightwing and still trying to memorize all of his moves/options.

If anyone's on the east coast and plays on PS3, post a name and I'll add ya

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I went on a 41 win streak online before a cyborg player ruined it. RUINED IT!!! Buuuuuuuut it's online, so whatever. PSN btw.

Aquaman for SSS++ tier

PSN folks add me: fpws12

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Seriously **** those scrubby online Deahtstrokes.

Gun spam. Block. Dash Forward. Gun Spam. Block. Dash Forward. Get hit by that dumb circular sword areal that ruins all of your jump ins attempts and get knocked back again. Repeat gun spam.

Damn it...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
TRG, who are you playing against deathstroke?

his projectile is -16 on block so it's punishable, he's really freaking boring to play against but he's not OP

it also helps that harley has an air shot :)

i really wanna use flash but he's so god damn hard to use

mood4food77

Smash Hero
more deathstrokes than anything

i almost perfected someone with the flash, had him down to a quarter of his 2nd bar and then he hit me

gahhhhhhhhhhhh, really wanted that perfect

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
TRG, who are you playing against deathstroke?
Shazam and unfortunately he has very little options against zoning characters. All he can really do is just block, dash in once, and repeat until you're finally close enough. I know Deathstroke isn't OP he's just very annoying. Green Lantern is by far my worst match up though.

After playing Shazam enough I can tell that he's one of those characters that's really difficult to use well but has a pretty good amount of potential. He lacks decent overhead attacks so most of his game revolves around grabs and cross ups after knockdowns, and unfortunately his most potent grab is a down back forward input that's really freaking hard to execute.

By the way who has Xbox? I'd love to play some of you and pick up some tips if I could.

Top Bottom