• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Thread

Who is your favorite character from INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still didn't get the game yet. But if I'm able too I think I'll switch between Flash, Cyborg and Nightwing. I might try out Black Adam,Killer Frost and Catwoman too, though I doubt I'll main them. Anyone got any tips for those guys?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have they confirmed if the wii u version will get DLC characters?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
i hate that the next DLC is Batgirl. it could've been worse obviously but there are better choices imo
Indeed. As an additional Batman character, Ra's al Ghul or Clayface would've been more preferable, and as far as DC chicks go, Supergirl and Power Girl were more requested.

But as far as Batgirl's trailer I do like how they used the Killing Joke comic as a premise or plot reason for her inclusion, and her super's definitely more brutal than I thought it'd be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would have liked the penguin tbh. He was my favorite villain when I was young

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Have they confirmed if the wii u version will get DLC characters?
They have. I'm pretty sure it was stated that'll have to be sometime in the summer. I'm guess the Wii U doesn't have normal DLC and those with a Wii U will need to wait until Nintendo makes a patch to fix that right? But yeah, apparently, Wii U owners have to wait until sometime in the summer. Which isn't TOO long, seeing as its spring anyways, but its still a bit of a bummer.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Indeed. As an additional Batman character, Ra's al Ghul or Clayface would've been more preferable, and as far as DC chicks go, Supergirl and Power Girl were more requested.

But as far as Batgirl's trailer I do like how they used the Killing Joke comic as a premise or plot reason for her inclusion, and her super's definitely more brutal than I thought it'd be.
I also like her trailer. the Killing Joke was a great story.

but as far as the Batman universe is concerned i think we already had most of our bases covered and really didnt need anymore characters. i think before Batgirl we had like 7 Batman characters (correct me if im wrong). but yeah if we needed another, Batgirl wouldnt be my first choice. i probably wouldve chosen Robin, Tim Drake, honestly since but characters like Clayface would be good too. and if they needed another female i still feel there way better choices like Black Canary or Zatanna. or like u said with Supergirl/Powergirl. she seems fun to play but im still disappointed by that choice. i would also say characters like Static, Red Tornado or Blue Beetle would be awesome.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i would've rather had poison ivy over batgirl

still nets you a batman character with **** that has more pop culture status (batman games) and i think she makes a more interesting character

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
WHENS PEEJ?
Uh, Power Girl, right? I heard that the DLC list got leaked and that we can expect General Zod and Scorpion as the next DLC characters. Though I don't know if we'll get any characters after that. If we do I'm hoping for Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and Black Lighting. I think they can fit the game rather well and each could possibly add something new to the game. Or at the very least have interesting gameplay styles.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Here is an early tier list made by some of the top Mortal Kombat players a few days ago... But remember it's only 1 month into the game's life span so take it with a grain of salt. The characters within each tier are placed in alphabetical order.

S+ Cyborg (block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
A+ Doomsday, Green Lantern, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy, Wonder Woman
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
B Ares, Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, Shazam
C Bane, Lobo

Poor Shazam :(

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Bane and Lobo bottom tier? Huh, oookay then. Thought Bane would've at least been a little higher with how he can be with the venom when used properly.

Yeah, definitely see some of that list changing over time.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
lol, true. Being Lobo is never easy. :troll:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Ares, Joker, and Shazam are better than Harley and Lex

Harley literally only beats Lex, Lobo, and Bane

sadness

bane's main problem is that his venom has a long-ass cooldown, and to make matters worse, he does putrid damage when it's in cooldown mode

hence why he's in the bottom

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I guess that makes sense to some degree, not that it's that hard to play defensively with him so as to stay alive during the cooldown phase. Plus too, you can apparently activate one venom tank, and just before the first one empties, you can activate the second one, and do the same for the third one. So instead of just 8 seconds of damage boosting, you can have 20-24 seconds. Doesn't affect the cooldown times at all, and it's just 3 seconds for tank 1 to cooldown, and 10 seconds for tank 3. Ridiculous, and need I even bring up the combos with him that do over 100% damage?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
even on top of that, bane is really easy to zone compared to the rest of the cast

damage doesn't mean squat when he has a hard as hell time even getting in

bane's my second (sadly), outside of his shoulder bash, he really lacks an approach, and without venom boosts, his damage is only so-so

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Tbh, not surprised to see Bane and Lobo at bottom tier. While it may not be a necessary function, I feel Bane relies too much on a gimmick. His gimmick just causes people to change their playstyles for the most part and to give him a rewarding source of damage. Aside from that, even the armor from his charge can make it a pain to get in on particular characters.
On an unrelated note, I'm honestly super excited for Batgirl. Her anti-keepaway stuff and the fact that she plays more like Batman than...Batman is enough for her to be an instabuy for me. Plus she's one of my favorite DC characters anyway.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wouldn't necessarily call it a gimmick, but I agree that Bane relies on his character trait either too much or a lot compared to everyone else. And yeah, he doesn't have much for approaching opponents aside from the charge, which seems fitting for some reason. Wish some things like the venom uppercut had more use.

Lobo's "starter" combo (back medium, up light) is slow, but he has like the best stage transition move among other things. Can see why he'd at least be low tier though.

Batgirl's playstyle is interesting, though not sure I agree that she plays more like Batman than Bats himself.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I knew almost nothing of the green lantern mythos. I've just found out about the greatest green lantern of all time. There is a green lantern that is a sentient planet.

Perfect character

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
0_o

I just want them to have John Stewart in something again someday. Miss him after watching so much of the Justice League cartoons.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I knew almost nothing of the green lantern mythos. I've just found out about the greatest green lantern of all time. There is a green lantern that is a sentient planet.

Perfect character
He should fight the squirrel Green Lantern. Great fight? Or greatest fight?

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
I love Lobo but unfortunately he's bottom tier...

A shame, I really love his moves. He's so cool.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
While I agree Lobo got a hard time against zoners, I don't think so for Shazam. His teleport is pretty good I think. (But I don't really play with Shazam, I don't really like the character)

Doesn't keep me from maining Lobo though <3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've been maining Shazam since I first picked up the game... his teleport is ass when it comes to dodging projectiles. It really needs faster start up frames.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd be kinda funny if Bane became top tier instantly after the patch.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
I tried Batgirl, she's pretty nice. Her Down Down A move where she disappears and falls on the opponent from the ceiling is awesome and pretty fast, it's a very good punish. And you can use it in the air. She's really nifty, but her damage output is rather low...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I tried Batgirl, she's pretty nice. Her Down Down A move where she disappears and falls on the opponent from the ceiling is awesome and pretty fast, it's a very good punish. And you can use it in the air. She's really nifty, but her damage output is rather low...
Well, it makes sense that a fast character has lower damage output to keep them balanced. Or is her damage output really, really low?

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't know if her damage output is lower than most characters but I've certainly had some trouble doing strong, powerful combos, contrarily to Lobo.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
HELL YES

Shazam
  • Increased viability of Shazam’s Teleport when used as a wake up attack.
  • Shazam’s Solomon’s Judgment Character Power now activates faster
My 2 most wanted character buffs came true! Shazam is back in business baby! :) #Shazam4MidTier

Good nerfs as well... But where the hell are the Batman trait and Black Adam projectile/foot dive nerfs?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they nerfed harley....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

batman's trait should be like sentinel's drones, disappear on hit no matter where they are, cause they let him do stupid ****

pretty sure he's the only character who nets 40% ANYWHERE on the screen

black adam needs a block damage nerf, that stupid lightening bolt does so much damage on block, it makes harley sad (it does more damage on block than harley's gunshots do normally)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Scorpion revealed...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/03/injustice-gods-among-us-scorpion-dlc-announced

Not sure I'm really digging the design that much, at least compared to the MK9 designs and the like. And his super was kinda weak compared to what it could've been. Do like his outro and clash animations though.

Would've thought Zod would get revealed next. Guess now it's a question on whether they'll reveal him before or after J'onn who was hinted at the end. Fans of the Martian will get their due after all!

Top Bottom