• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

infinite on Wario (yes the word is used correctly)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Writing in boldface type is a very immature way of saying "I'm 5 and I try to scream NO YOU CAN't as loud as I can" to win an argument, which kind of proves my point. You are unable to argue your position so you are just trying to strengthen your weak point like a politician or a 5 year old: you barrage others with pointless generic statements repeatedly until hopefully the other side forgets it.

Sorry but that doesn't work.
I guess Ankoku just doesn't know about how to debate properly. You sure nailed him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There's no way I can debate properly if I just doesn't know!!

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Did you notice also how he posted the exact same post before and just expects it to roll off. 1 bolded statement is something but multiple times....
I know, right. My head is so pain from reading Ankoku's posts.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Okay, let's consider first the most common starters that are available.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium

Battlefield: Given the structure of the stage, there is exactly one practical spot to perform this in - the bottom center section. Good luck luring Wario there for a grab more than once in a single set, if at all.

Final Destination: Probably the only stage you can perform grab release stuff from anywhere.

Smashville: Wario players can time their breakouts to attempt to escape to the moving platform. You'll be lucky to get more than 10% in damage with this "infinite."

Yoshi's Island - That top platform screws you over at almost all times.

Lylat Cruise - If you somehow manage a grab in one of the two viable sections, chances are the ship will tilt and end it anyway.

Pokémon Stadium - The only stage besides Final Destination where extended grab release stuff is actually viable. Still not damage-efficient enough to warrant doing it with the knowledge of stage transforms screwing it up.
BF= all platforms and the center
FD= lol
SV= if they mess up on that release (which is likely) I am footstooling them.....
YI= this stage does mess it up. You can do it on the sides and on the platform that is flat
LC= you can perform it in the middle platform... untill it tilt's
PS= lol

gm jack

Smash Lord
Thanks for looking into this. As said, it's situational, but if you can land it, you can run down the clock, get a bit of damage and frustrate them, which could lead to more mistakes.

Research enough stuff like this and eventually some more widely usable ones could come out.

As for difficulty, isn't the window on Sheik's DACUS about 2 frames? A fair few people can do it fairly reliably.

saviorslegacy

K.. I just read all of this post and I have one thing to say:
"WHY ARE THE MODS ARGUING!?!?"... "WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING YOU DON'T KNOW!??!!?"
Well that is two things.. but owell.....

SuSa

Banned via Administration
K.. I just read all of this post and I have one thing to say:
"WHY ARE THE MODS ARGUING!?!?"... "WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING YOU DON'T KNOW!??!!?"
Well that is two things.. but owell.....

We aren't arguing, we were debating over the usefulness of said infinite.

Also apparently you didn't read the entire thread because you just doesn't know.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I agree with the wario guys, Wario is a pain to get a grab you will get them sometimes though, but if they are at a somewhat low % or there are platforms around or if he is near the edge, its not going to work. I just stick with grab release into running u-smash/dacus, cause it works and it always nets ~35% damage, but if he is between like 50-80% and you grabbed him and there are no platforms and he isn't near an edge sure go for it.

SuSa

So basically like we've been saying all the along. "This is good to know for when the opportunity arrives and you can use it without it being ruined. Such as a grab in the perfect spot on a stage."

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This... has some flaws.

As stated earlier, Wario can ground break out of the pummels up til about 50% (I say about because humanly I'm not sure if it's possible to escape it much further past 50%, mechanically I think it's possible).

This requires you to be on a stage like FD, or a stage like BF where you grab him at the bottom center.

Some tournaments will have standing infinites banned (this would fall under it). I've made posts earlier on various other grab release infinites explaining the reasons most places will ban it, usually involving time issues.

I'm also not sure if Shiek can do this properly, I've tested a lot of character's grab release to pivot grabs on Wario to see if any of them had an infinite (so far only a few odd ones like Ike, which is frame intense, and I wanna say Ganon can regrab him from a pivot grab, but he can regrab from a normal grab anyways).

If you grab Wario when he is over 50%, on a good stage/in a good position, if the infinite is allowed, and you are good at the timing (if it is a true infinite), then congrats your situational advantage proves useful in that situation. Otherwise, this is close to useless, whether it be banned or whether your opponent just never goes to FD or something like FD lol.

SuSa

I still cannot find the grab release formula. But at a certain %, even with inhuman abilities (1 input per frame) a pummel would be guarenteed.

It's situational because of stages, we get that.

When is it considered a standing infinite, when you do it once? Twice? I never quite understood the ban on them.

Counterpicks, gotta love them. Forces you to ban FD I guess?

saviorslegacy

This... has some flaws.

As stated earlier, Wario can ground break out of the pummels up til about 50% (I say about because humanly I'm not sure if it's possible to escape it much further past 50%, mechanically I think it's possible).

This requires you to be on a stage like FD, or a stage like BF where you grab him at the bottom center.

Some tournaments will have standing infinites banned (this would fall under it). I've made posts earlier on various other grab release infinites explaining the reasons most places will ban it, usually involving time issues.

I'm also not sure if Shiek can do this properly, I've tested a lot of character's grab release to pivot grabs on Wario to see if any of them had an infinite (so far only a few odd ones like Ike, which is frame intense, and I wanna say Ganon can regrab him from a pivot grab, but he can regrab from a normal grab anyways).

If you grab Wario when he is over 50%, on a good stage/in a good position, if the infinite is allowed, and you are good at the timing (if it is a true infinite), then congrats your situational advantage proves useful in that situation. Otherwise, this is close to useless, whether it be banned or whether your opponent just never goes to FD or something like FD lol.
*you need to catch up on the rest of the topic

I'd like to see that.....

*works on all neutrals (including 4 parts on BF)

Then test it.....

LOL (reread the first line)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I still cannot find the grab release formula. But at a certain %, even with inhuman abilities (1 input per frame) a pummel would be guarenteed.

It's situational because of stages, we get that.

When is it considered a standing infinite, when you do it once? Twice? I never quite understood the ban on them.

Counterpicks, gotta love them. Forces you to ban FD I guess?
Yes at a certain %, even with mechanical abilities, a pummel would be guaranteed. That number is VERY high though, compared to Humanly possible. In fact I would not be surprised if it was near double the %.

Stages yes I was just making that point again.

As for standing infinite, depends on their interpretation. Usually it's a number like 3-5.

As for banning FD, it might only be necessary if you lose on the first stage. If you want to be a little risky, you can go to FD on purpose for the first round, lose, then CP somewhere, win, and now your opponent cannot pick FD because he/she had already won there earlier in the set. So basically you would get two bans at the price of being forced to play out all 3 games or possibly losing in two.

Savior, it's not THAT hard to ground break under 50% or so when you pummel. Honestly if I can do it on someone with a super fast/short Pummel like Marth, I can certainly do it on a slower/longer pummel like Shiek.

As for the neutrals, it's really only viable for FD. If you want to talk about a stage where it could work on any spot, it's FD. Everything else has limitations and exclusions and requirements for both characters to meet before it becomes a possibility.

saviorslegacy

As for banning FD, it might only be necessary if you lose on the first stage. If you want to be a little risky, you can go to FD on purpose for the first round, lose, then CP somewhere, win, and now your opponent cannot pick FD because he/she had already won there earlier in the set. So basically you would get two bans at the price of being forced to play out all 3 games or possibly losing in two.
Okay... I did have to LOL at your strategy.
I guess losing is a good idea after all............

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Okay... I did have to LOL at your strategy.
I guess losing is a good idea after all............
It's not entirely serious, but if you want FD out of the equation ALONG with a ban on another stage, you can take that route. In tournament, I would think about it, probably not choose it, but it's something to think about. It's certainly viable.

SuSa

I've actually done DMG's strategy on Battlefield. It worked. (I banned Brinstar and lost on BF) it's just not the... best choice 99% of the time.

Also, I THINK the formula is:

100 frames + 5 frames per % - 10 frames per input (which is per frame)

Which means using that (assuming IIRC)

100 frames + 50x5 - 10y = 100 frames + 250 frames - 10 per input = 350 frames - 10 frames per input = 35 frames required.

Pummel is probably under 30 frames for 1 pummel.

I also could be wrong with the formula. Which I think I am... I wish Search would work instead of getting stuck on do process. :/

If someone wants to find the grab release formula, please let me know... or I'll just test it on Tuesday.

Yes - it's situational. But isn't most everything? Things have their times and places. Stating that you will never get grabbed on Battlefield in the few required spots is laughable. It will happen eventually. It may not happen every game, it may not happen every set, but it may happen.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's pummel is hilariously slow. You land one pummel approximately every 45 frames. So, assuming a very fast but human mashing speed, at 50% you can safely use one pummel, and every 18% you can safely add one more pummel.

saviorslegacy

Sheik's pummel is hilariously slow. You land one pummel approximately every 45 frames. So, assuming a very fast but human mashing speed, at 50% you can safely use one pummel, and every 18% you can safely add one more pummel.
*if it was fast then it would be broken
It's not entirely serious, but if you want FD out of the equation ALONG with a ban on another stage, you can take that route. In tournament, I would think about it, probably not choose it, but it's something to think about. It's certainly viable.
I say that is a bad idea.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Snake can't do it. I have tried. Same for Marth and most of the other characters that can grab release him.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
How in the world does this work on battlefield lol. Also what is the frame window for sheik to input the pivot grab?

SuSa

I'd like to know the frame window as well. It's probably as strict as every other infinite on you guys.... I'm going to defend it unless the frame window is so stupidly small it's not too viable anyways. lol

It works on Battlefield in the center, and on the outskirts facing away from the stage. (Where you won't land on platforms)

Although grabbing you there will RARELY ever happen. It could.

saviorslegacy

I'd like to know the frame window as well. It's probably as strict as every other infinite on you guys.... I'm going to defend it unless the frame window is so stupidly small it's not too viable anyways. lol

It works on Battlefield in the center, and on the outskirts facing away from the stage. (Where you won't land on platforms)

Although grabbing you there will RARELY ever happen. It could.
It also works on top of the platforms.......

Top Bottom