• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
A quick question Zig or BK. The OP of this thread needs a major revamp, would you guys like me to do it? I could clear out older videos and run back through this thread for about 10-20 pages or so and add any additions that may be seen as relevant.

If you don't want me to do it, then it's a request :3.
This was actually something I was going to bring up, haha.

That'd be MUCH appreciated, KJ. <3

Okay I've completely updated the thread, heres what I've done:

Removed all videos that are older then a year.
Removed players who no longer come to the boards
Removed all broken links
Put in new format (All players opponents are now named with said character)
Colours added
New OP introduction
Doubles section added
Combo Video section added
Title Updated
New videos added from 10 pages back

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Kj. Have my children. Also, I know no one gives a **** about WiFi (even I don't, but I still play it because you know...Smash is Smash, and it's good for some things I guess...when your options are limited at points in time)

KJ, don't put these in my video section (unless you feel obligated to?), compared to offline, I look terrible and slow and atrocious in these videos. I love my music though :D

lolbowserditto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMw6SQMzcY&feature=channel

vs. Falco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiNGan3gM_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6do64edipU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgccZ9r9O_I&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVtZq75wVgc&feature=channel

vs. Samus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiugqXmz9Xw&feature=channel

vs. Snake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42wWG3YZx20&feature=channel

vs. Wario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW2sxr-dco&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQw8ZuLBy8&feature=channel

like I said before, it's WiFi. Critique isn't needed really, and I'm just putting these up because...Bowser is Bowser, right? :D

I'll only put them up if you request for them to be added Limit, no worries :3.

I also approve of your taste in songs.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
is better than you (?)
no...he's not (bowser wise, idk/idc about any other characters). lmfao

I'm not saying he's terrible, but Flayl was right about what he said, no?

Marcbri doesn't really use Bowser..well, it seems like it

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'd say his bowser is better than some I could mention, but it's not top level material.

He shows good control of the basics that apply to every character in the game, but bowser-specific stuff is a little off.

If I learned anything from those vids it's how Miquel falls for dashing shield every single time lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
You can put the videos up, KJ.

And I'm not trying to go in on Marc or anything, I know he's good, I love his Falco, and I can tell he knows the basics of Bowser, but not all the Bowser-specific stuff for those videos to be that credible, you know?

You're better than most of the joke Bowsers I've seen though...I just wish he knew more grab release options than Jab. But then again, he doesn't use Bowser.

And I'm glad you approve of my music <3. Like...70% of it is Megaman music...I'm such a fanboy :[

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
My bowser is obviusly not '' too good'' xD.

As Flayl said, I just do the basics with him and I try to win using my knowledge of the game and my opponent rather than the character.

If I learned anything from those vids it's how Miquel falls for dashing shield every single time lol.
xD

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Honestly Marc, if you put like...an hour into just reading on Bowser and watching a video or two you would be set. You're a smart player (I can tell) and although Bowser is quite the jump from Falco, I would be interested to see what you could do.

I doubt you'd really start using him BUT it's a suggestion. :3

*Secretly stoal most of Limit his music*
yeah if you want the song titles/names let me know and i can give them to you, if you cant find them.

Added back into the OP.

Upcoming cosmetic change: Dates are now being displayed at the sides of videos.

Edit: All videos have been dated and rearranged in accordance to their dates. Older videos are placed first.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My set against Morningstar should be redated to 1/24/10. It took me a while to upload it, haha.

The videos are still up there anyway, don't complain about my methods Chris. I'll be forced to JV 4 you at WHOBO3.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I have a suggestion: Old videos (maybe from before 2010?) should be put in spoiler tags.

I have a suggestion: Old videos (maybe from before 2010?) should be put in spoiler tags.
If you're just referring to the ones that are still here but before 2010, tbh, I'd rather just put *Outdated* or something like that next to them. Looks much nicer ;____;.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah that is okay.
Also, a few vids of Flayl in the beginning have the year set as /10, not as /2010

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Got my first set uploaded:

vs. SkyCaptainCoud (Olimar) 1
vs. SkyCaptainCoud (Olimar) 2
vs. SkyCaptainCoud (Olimar) 3

This is definitely a MU I'm struggling with, but I'm learning more and more about it with each week. It's typically been a MU I've heavily relied on Squirtle in, who pretty much plays the opposite of Bowser, haha.
You did great, but you have to to sd less tough
Dont try to kill the pikmins on you, its useless. First beacause its not that easy, Second U use move that make you more vulnerable and you can hit more damage by olimar, third Olimar can just camp you forever. You have to rush him and make a lot of pressure on him.
Yeah youll take damage but not as much if you try to kill the pikmins...
try to sdi more the uair, ull take less damage. When olimar is on the ledge dont do attacks just wait and see what he will do. He can just wait you do something a little bit laggy and coming back with a fair or anything that can make him coming on the stage safely. Just wait at your jabs disance and try to punish whatever hes trying to do. Sometimes you were able to ftilt him on the ledge, but you took fair and he was able to come back on stage easier than if you just wait. If you do something wrong and you know will get grab dont spam UpB but spam jabs instead. First, cuz olimar grabs you on more frames so his grab hitbox can stand after the invicibility and still grab you. Second jabs hit on the same frame as UpB but has way more range and since olimar doesnt have the grab invicible thing, a lot of times you will be able to attack him at the same time he grabs you. WHen you approach, you use a lot of side B, the olimar can use fsmash, usmash and even fair to attack you before getting the grab. Mix your approach with fair and airdodge. If you space well you will be able to reach him with fair without being hit and airdodge to UpB is fun. When olimar tries to land dash attack is great cuz it beats all is options except down B thats why you have to mix up and punish his down B with something else. You did great when you put pressure on him when you were both in the air. Also use grab realese to fair, it puts olimar on bad situations.
When you have a lot of damage shield a little more cuz usmash is annoying most of the times its better get grabbed when u get pressure a lot. If olimar camps his pikmins and you are in a major lead just go on the ledge and plank with upB and wait hes stopping and and coming to you and go back to the stage dont wait hes just beside you tough.

I hope I helped with my bad english

Flayl

Smash Hero
That Bowser FSmash you were talking about in the MU discussion? You pulled it off because he USmash'd by accident.

Entertaining matches. Next time you face someone who refuses to leave the ledge get on a platform and firebreath downward. Not on battlefield though, it's too close to the ledge, but getting on there is another way to fish them out: Bait them to ledge jump attack you.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I was doing some funny jab testing against Olimar awhile back. Nothing concrete yet, but single spaced Jab seems to have an interesting effect.

Top Bottom