• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I feel like you weren't klawing enough.

Also, you didn't FTilt a lot vs the G&W, especially when he started thinking he could just openly abuse backair.

B!squick

Smash Master
I feel like you weren't klawing enough.

Also, you didn't FTilt a lot vs the G&W, especially when he started thinking he could just openly abuse backair.
He did eat several Fortresses when he spaced badly like he should have. The problem was the third stock. It was pretty much all G&W.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529

B!squick

Smash Master
After the first vid, I was like, awesome, way to be epic, Ixis. The next, I was jumping out of my seat when he foot stooled that second stock off Hoe4u. ****ing amazing.

....... AWWWW! So close to winning that set! :D Ixis, dude, wherever you are, you ****ing rock!

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
So the vids of matches that were recorded were corrupted from this weekend. Sigh. Also lost the MM. Got 2 stocked both games. High percent in one of them. Also did a stupid SD in a game so I was doomed to lose after that haha.

Snake = FUUUUU

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ixis, what's with the downsmash out of shield? You used it a handful of times, and I haven't seen you--or anyone else--use it before, if at all. Just curious if that's something you're playing around with.

Use fsmash more!

On the whole, you've gotten a LOT better at the MU. And I dig the new AT you were using.

One thing I think a lot of us need to work on, myself included, is stop puting Bowser in a bad position when the opponent loses a stock. A lot of us grab the ledge after we take out our opponent, which puts us in a bad position against a good bit of the cast. There was one time in particular where Hoe4u naired you as a result of this.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Hey, Zigsta, why weren't you and JNig using your chaingrabs on each other?

Those matches were refreshing to watch without such gayness, but you two were holding back. I'm guessing it has something do with the matches being friendlies?

I noticed that you used the air release usmash, though. ;)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I actually didn't know about Bowser's infinite, haha. I knew it was possible, but I didn't know how to do it. Granted, it's really easy now that I know how to do it.

As for why JNig didn't CG me, I'm not entirely sure, but it's probably because he doesn't have the timing down. I know he doesn't go the CG on DK because he doesn't have the timing down for it.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
It reminds me of throwing a small child into the air and catching it again. Except you're headbutting it on landing. Rinse and repeat.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
By small child, you mean overweight man who can't see his own ****, right?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Zigsta, why do you never Bowser Bomb to the ledge...?

well, I suppose Lucario could U/BAir and stop you from dropping down, but throughout the ending half of the first match and the second match he was accustomed to you coming on stage or just wait to trap you at the ledge. IDK, it just seems more expedient to me.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Lucario is a gay match up for Bowser, in the sense that you think you can get away with normal stuff, then you get side B/Fair comboed off stage and thinking wtf just happened. Plus he gets stronger the more you hurt him. Fuuuuu...

Lucario is a gay match up for Bowser, in the sense that you think you can get away with normal stuff, then you get side B/Fair comboed off stage and thinking wtf just happened. Plus he gets stronger the more you hurt him. Fuuuuu...
Are you talking about Lucario's side b CG? You know you can mash out of it right?

The same way you mash out of a grab. I'm not sure if theres a window to UpB, but you can mash out at 0 before the second one gets you, I've done this multiple times as Bowser.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I didn't know this. I suspected it would be something like the cargo throw, but I wasn't sure. But then again in my fights against Death_alex he threw me right away instead of pumelling so I don't think I could've mashed out.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Are you talking about Lucario's side b CG? You know you can mash out of it right?
Yup, once my bowser friend learned this, I limited it to FP x1-2 -> dash grab/attack or a fair combo.

I don't think bowser can upB out of Lucario's FP before he puts up shield, since grab breaks are about the same in frames except the grabber gets like an extra frame or two, and also considering bowser's upB hitbox doesn't come out until frame 5 iirc.

I really want to get videos of him up, I think you guys would like his bowser ;)

Do you name search Lucario or something? xD

Also good news (?) guys, I'll finally be getting clips of my horrific Bowser for you all to rip into, once those are up, I'll update the thread with recent submissions.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Interesting. I always just figured to deal with a quick 60% damage, haha.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yup, once my bowser friend learned this, I limited it to FP x1-2 -> dash grab/attack or a fair combo.

I don't think bowser can upB out of Lucario's FP before he puts up shield, since grab breaks are about the same in frames except the grabber gets like an extra frame or two, and also considering bowser's upB hitbox doesn't come out until frame 5 iirc.

I really want to get videos of him up, I think you guys would like his bowser ;)
you mean Kevin? probably missing a few I's or N's but whatever

edit: yo watching those videos made me think Acid does give some fundamentally simple ideas that same really huge imo

for example, when pressuring the DK offstage/on the ledge to be specific (because he rarely went offstage, he abused fire), he'd always chill with his back toward the ledge when the dk was on the ledge at kill %s. i thought about it and...well, from my point of view (cue theorycrafting)

say the opponent jumps. we UTilt. we all know what UTilt does. if they roll, do whatever the **** you want. if they get up attack, uptilt again. if they ledge hop -> airdodge, again, do whatever the **** you want because presumably they'd be in front of you. if they ledgehop and attack, you can shield the move and just up-b oos or klaw or utilt or whatever.

basically, utilt = central ledge pressurer?

or is this old news and i should feel dumb for realizing this now

and if it doesn't work someone please tell me before i get ***** at polybrawl 5 for pulling an a2zomg

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Acid, just in case you read this:

Stop being so predictable with Klaw. You quite often dashed a bit and then reversed a SH Klaw.

Not sure why you were inputting SH airdodges so much when DK was nowhere near you. Our airdodge isn't good--I'd be more conservative with it.

Remember we have GR > fair on DK.

You have a bad habit of bringing up your shield way too early, ie when your opponent's not near you. Be wary of bringing up your shield as "defense"--don't want the big guy getting shield poked.

Don't do SH nair when the enemy's at low percents. It's laggy enough to get punished. At mid-ish percents it's safe.

Don't use Klaw when there's water nearby. XD

Your biggest problem in this MU is you played how DK wanted you to play. DK wants to keep you away from him via bair and tilts. Your use of dash to reverse short hop Klaw combined with back rolls let DK have his space. You need to get right up in his face and pressure him. That's when Bowser's at the advantage in this MU.

udov

Smash Cadet
Very interesting remarks Zigsta, thanks a lot (I'm Acid :) )

Can't deny any of your points, but well, I really hate this match up and I think that's the main reason why I can't seem to be good at it. :p Plus, Kitsune knows me and my Bowser more than any player.
I know about that air release to Fair, I think I used it once or twice.

Don't use Klaw when there's water nearby. XD
I'm aware of this, believe me this is not I wanted to do XD Actually I was convinced I would land on that platform...
Really, I just should have jab'd or dsmash'd but in the middle of the match it didn't even occur to me :(

I wish you had seen me playing any matchup but this one. I REALLY hate playing DK. :c There are so many matchups that I feel more comfortable with...
Also, both Kitsune and I did rather poorly, we know each other quite well and I think we could have done better ^^

Just before that set, Leon and I did a money match, he won it 3-2. But for some reason we didn't even record it... I'm sure everyone here would have enjoyed it, it was really close and he's such a great player. Too bad.

Anyway, this most likely was my last tournament, I actually quit Brawl about one month ago. After that MM everyone kept saying "Don't quit" but I guess I'm just too stubborn to change my mind lol

Thanks for your remarks (the same goes to Limit), appreciated

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yaay new good Bowser :)

Anyway, this most likely was my last tournament, I actually quit Brawl about one month ago. After that MM everyone kept saying "Don't quit" but I guess I'm just too stubborn to change my mind lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Do you name search Lucario or something? xD

Also good news (?) guys, I'll finally be getting clips of my horrific Bowser for you all to rip into, once those are up, I'll update the thread with recent submissions.
I sometimes lurk bowser boards, since I have a pocket bowser myself for LT :p

B!squick

Smash Master
Yes, Lucas is the one character you want to make sure you always throw.

... I presume you picked up Bowser yesterday or something, right? >_>

Top Bottom