• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Holy crap, it's Jiano! I absolutely loved your speedrun of Majora's Mask. I've been practicing for a game time speed run lately myself (I'm trying to beat it before Dawn of the Second Day occurs). I'm not too good at some of the glitches, though (I'm getting better at mega flipping, but I'm terrible at the infinite super slide).

It's kind of funny that you live in Kentucky actually. When I started getting interested in speed running Majora's Mask, I was like, "Finally, I'll be the best at something in this state instead of second best!" A few minutes later, I found out that you lived in this state XD I'm always second best at whatever I do in this state, though, I swear. Second best Olimar, second best in KY at Brawl according to the PR, and even the second best at Brawl in Lexington (not counting Kel) currently.... <___<;
I don't play Majora's Mask anymore so you can have that title if you want it.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
When did this happen!? The legendary AOB in my town, truly Louisville has come a long way.

My location still an AOB quote because you're such a beast.
Ohhh, didn't know anyone else lived here. And I thought those who did played brwal. Yeah, nice location field.

So let's get together sometime.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yourface/Wangston, are either of you two wanting to do anything this weekend? Its my only weekend off for the next two months besides the first and last weekends of november haha. Just curious because I really want to play you two, since we're most of the louisville scene at this point besides maybe 1-2 others XD. Unless we're playing melee instead of brawl, then add AOB and Jiano?

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Majora's Mask anymore so you can have that title if you want it.
Ehh? Well, that's disappointing... Oh well. Honestly, I don't want to have a title that is essentially just defaulted to me because someone else quit (best Oli in KY isn't really that great if Hilt quit).

Also, at this point, I really don't care if people call me ZERO or KERO. I'll still have a frog motif and crap (although, it's a lot less extreme these days) regardless. I've been thinking about it recently, and I've realized a lot of players pronounce my tag as "Kiiro" instead of "Kero," so whatever.

Also, yay, Joey has a Suwako avatar!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Same here. I had to cast a wide net.
If you're looking for things to do that aren't Smash related, you could hit up the Highlands. Bardstown Rd and Baxter Ave., have a ton of bars and restaurants to go to. If you need to know anything about the area, just ask me. I literally just moved from Louisville a month ago and now I'm in Champaign.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Ohhh, didn't know anyone else lived here. And I thought those who did played brwal. Yeah, nice location field.

So let's get together sometime.
Melee has never been played much in Louisville, it was always just Souroush and I. We stopped playing, though. I think I've gone to one tourny in the last 2 years, and I haven't played outside that either.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah the idea would be a smashfest during the week and tourney on saturday, but if there are no tourneys with in a reasonable distance than we can just have a smashfest/local tourney. I`ve not played smash in two years cause I was in brazil for a two year mission for my church (lds)

I`m with out a car right now so that is why I can only host stuff, I live in la grange which is about 20mins outside of louisvile when you get off of 265 on to 71.

Also can`t do anything this saturday because I have to go to the uofl football game with my family.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ehh? Well, that's disappointing... Oh well. Honestly, I don't want to have a title that is essentially just defaulted to me because someone else quit (best Oli in KY isn't really that great if Hilt quit).

Also, at this point, I really don't care if people call me ZERO or KERO. I'll still have a frog motif and crap (although, it's a lot less extreme these days) regardless. I've been thinking about it recently, and I've realized a lot of players pronounce my tag as "Kiiro" instead of "Kero," so whatever.

Also, yay, Joey has a Suwako avatar!
Kero for best everything imo. Also yay Suwako avatar! Its so adorable @_@'!

DragonZephyr

Smash Rookie
I feel a revival in me to Brawl... I remember Airborne telling me when Crash and Hilt quit the Louisville scene died down, but there still must be people in Louisville to Brawl... :urg:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I feel a revival in me to Brawl... I remember Airborne telling me when Crash and Hilt quit the Louisville scene died down, but there still must be people in Louisville to Brawl... :urg:
Yourface, Wangston, and I are the only ones that I know of at the moment. I'm sure there are a few more out there, but they're pretty rare in this area now a days. :/

DragonZephyr

Smash Rookie
Yourface, Wangston, and I are the only ones that I know of at the moment. I'm sure there are a few more out there, but they're pretty rare in this area now a days. :/
I'll take what I can get right now, I just really wanna play again. Time and place I think would be the only issue if anyone's in agreement.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I have marching band so I'm out for a while lol. Talk to Yourface and Wangston if you're looking for brawls anytime soon XD.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
hi guys. since it looks like were trying to find people to play ... i think it would be easier if u added me on skype or FB. hilt already has my facebook. just PM me if u want my skype or facebook. I would love to meet some new smashers in the area

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We could actually get a skype group for louisville smashers going if we all have it lol.

Skype is Zenifushilizardon. Add me whenever if you want haha.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Calic and I are going to look through venues today and try to think something up. He's shown interest in getting back into the game, and as have I. DragonZephyr, TonyTH, have facebook? If so, add me. I'll let you know what the deal is whenever we get any news, and figure out if you all wanna do anything for practice anytime.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Melee has never been played much in Louisville, it was always just Souroush and I. We stopped playing, though. I think I've gone to one tourny in the last 2 years, and I haven't played outside that either.
Your name sounds familiar...
Are you the mario64 speed run guy from SDA? I remember Mychal(trihex) telling me about you two smashing (I think) in D.C.

:phone:

wangston

Smash Lord
Here is my facebook also. Like I said I would love to get back into smash. I played mach(luke) last weekend, for us both not playing in two years I did alright. I`m rusty but I don`t look too bad I can still do all of falco's tricks but I do things that don`t make sense in brawl i`m way too aggressive and try to punish things that can`t be punished.

Like I said i`m always down for smashfest I have no problem hosting. Though it is a little far for everyone. But other than that i`ve got tvs and room enough for everyone. once I get my first pay check i might be able to put gas in my brothers car and us it on weekends.

Hilt do you think you guys could get that one venue (card shop) and host another tourney there?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Wangston, I'm pretty much the main driver for Indy's scene, which really only consists of Hades and myself. Kryz is at school, and Ren feels like it's too late to pick Brawl back up, even with MK being banned, so if you ever wanna throw some smashfests, and can house us, or whatever, I'd bring myself and Hades along.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
God dammit. Had four paragraphs written out and when I went to post it, swf bugged out and I lost it. Let's try this again, haha.

Lagrange isn't that much out of the way. If you're up for hosting a smashfest sometime we'd definitely be down. Like I said earlier, calic's getting a lot of interest back and would probably be in, I'll talk to him. Same for myself. Crash would probably go to hang out and play and whatever, and yeah sov it'd be cool if you all came down sometime. We'll have to drag Eric's *** out here too, haha. This weekend I'm busy and the next Crash and I are going to bloomington to hang out. After that I'm not sure, I'll get back to you.

The venue I ran the Kakuna events at won't work out anymore, sadly :/ We're checking around for places and brainstorming ideas, but we I'm not sure what we'll be able to dig up.

clowsui

Smash Legend
It's a while off but I'd like a list of people interested in attending REVENGE from IN/KY. I'm probably going to write up an attendance list soon =o

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Wangston, I'm pretty much the main driver for Indy's scene, which really only consists of Hades and myself. Kryz is at school, and Ren feels like it's too late to pick Brawl back up, even with MK being banned, so if you ever wanna throw some smashfests, and can house us, or whatever, I'd bring myself and Hades along.
I'm not sure if you are aware but I'm trying to get back into this game and may be willing to drive to Indy on occasion.

wangston

Smash Lord
yeah housing wouldn't be problem at all. Shortly before I left I had the st louis guys and housed them for a tourney, it was too epic.

So how about on the weekend of the 21smashfest/22tourney, to have smash fest/tourney at my place. Cause I would love to see all the old guys again.

But if anyone wants to do anything this week end or the next just let me and we can throw down.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
From 13 Oct. to 26 Oct. I'll be working and doing extra orders, so you guys probably won't hear from me for a while.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
wangston, i'm pretty much the main driver for indy's scene, which really only consists of hades and myself. Kryz is at school, and ren feels like it's too late to pick brawl back up, even with mk being banned, so if you ever wanna throw some smashfests, and can house us, or whatever, i'd bring myself and hades along.
-.-

--------------.--------------

Top Bottom