• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll have to check which shops in St. Matthews would have a place that would work. Might take a look around the mall this weekend, actually.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
i think your dream came true because every1 i talk to on skype vid chat that i dont know irl says my face looks like a 12 year old but im 6'2
my face looks like a 12 year old but im 6'2
... Damn it, why does every new kid in the KY Smash community have to be so big? Seriously, Joey, you, and Solarskurge are all tall (trust me; this is a good trait. You'll be paid more money for it), while I'm tiny at 5'4" and sixteen ;_; In addition, I'm also mistaken for being twelve or thirteen T.T;

Oh, btw, my tag is actually KERO. I just don't feel like changing my username (I've already done it once). Don't listen to S2. He's just some lame troll.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Don't listen to S2. He's just some lame troll.
Seeing as I have this awesome red name and all this cool stuff under my name, I'd say I'm the more credible person here.
I'm a little mad that my last post only mentioned making fun of Zero, because that's really sloppy on my part.

Welcome to the community I guess. I don't know what to tell you for Louisville... good luck with that. Make your way up to Lexington somehow sometime (bring Joey), we're super awesome.

Actually you main Olimar and therefore I have to antagonize you. It's my duty as a defender of everything that's right. I dislike you.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
lol yah sorry that you are upset at your height but it doesn't really matter unless you play sports and whatnot....

and i think st matthews may have a shop or 2 lol i havent gone in a while though

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, I've posted about more things than just that. Also, height counts for a lot more than you'd think. For instance, on average, short people (more often than not males as opposed to females) are payed $800 less per year per inch they are from the average height. It's so infuriating to hear crap like that :/ Also, yeah, if you can ever make it to Lexington, do so. We have some pretty awesome weeklies and stuff (those will start up in a week or so?), and we make up about 1/2 of all KY smashers now. The only real downside is that S2 lives there :/ Don't be fooled by that red name; he stole it from another mod (true story).

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Ehh, I've posted about more things than just that. Also, height counts for a lot more than you'd think. For instance, on average, short people (more often than not males as opposed to females) are payed $800 less per year per inch they are from the average height. It's so infuriating to hear crap like that :/ Also, yeah, if you can ever make it to Lexington, do so. We have some pretty awesome weeklies and stuff (those will start up in a week or so?), and we make up about 1/2 of all KY smashers now. The only real downside is that S2 lives there :/ Don't be fooled by that red name; he stole it from another mod (true story).
Short people aren't being payed less, they're just not making as much money because they aren't taking higher paying jobs as much as taller people. Nobody is paying somebody less because they're short, so there's no reason to be upset over something that doesn't actually happen anywhere.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Ren's going to SiiS? I need to check this thread more.

Xero I could maybe house you guys friday night (have to check with my dad). How many of you are there?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Probably just 2 of us. Honestly it depends on who is driving and how many spaces there are left in the car. There's 3 interested but I doubt there's room for 3 of us in the car, so I already had to cut one of the guys out.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Probably just 2 of us. Honestly it depends on who is driving and how many spaces there are left in the car. There's 3 interested but I doubt there's room for 3 of us in the car, so I already had to cut one of the guys out.
Dad said you can sleep here if it's 2 people. Though we don't have an open couch/bed, you guys would be stuck on the floor in my room. Also I don't have a non hdtv so you'd have to bring one if you wanted to play brawl here.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Bringing a TV would be a lot of work. We could just play other games or just chill. Both myself and Ducky play pretty much any fighter/shooter if you're into those.

Or we could play Brawl on an HDTV. ;) But why would we really do that to ourselves?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
We could play marvel. Other than that I don't really play any fighters, and I never really got into shooters xD.

Where are you guys sleeping saturday night?

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Short people aren't being payed less, they're just not making as much money because they aren't taking higher paying jobs as much as taller people. Nobody is paying somebody less because they're short, so there's no reason to be upset over something that doesn't actually happen anywhere.
Oh, well, in that case, I do know that if two job candidates have similar qualifications, the taller one is almost always picked instead of the shorter one :/

Also, I'm just going by the studies on this stuff that I read. If what you say is true, then it makes me happier (cause that was really frustrating me).

Also, yeah, I know that it just shows a correlation, but what I said is still not completely ruled out. Of course, I can't say that it's certain that what I said is 100% true, either, but the possibility of there being some truth to it is still there.

Edit: Sorry about being so bitter. It's just that I've read a lot of studies about prejudices against short people in general, and I'm sort of irritated by them (then again, I could have it worse. At least I'm not put at a disadvantage due to race).

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
We could play marvel. Other than that I don't really play any fighters, and I never really got into shooters xD.

Where are you guys sleeping saturday night?
I have no idea. :/ Wherever the guys who are taking us to Cinci are going I presume, since it's a 2-day tournament. Unless they're headed back to Indy, in which case we would probably just go home that night. We both play Marvel pretty well, shooters are pretty fun to just mess around with too.

Kero, the thing is that only a small percentage of people are considered "short", which makes it easy to say statistics aren't in their favor. Because there are medium-sized and tall people. Your statistic about short people not being picked for jobs is also subjective, because you can't be sure who the better choice actually was. Also, it still falls under the same category. Short people are picked over taller people for jobs all the time, there are just more taller people to pick over shorter people, so they are more likely to be qualified.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I havent gotten details from either Rene or Jayford yet. Im not even sure Im going yet either. Lots of variables to consider. I'll have some answers eventually I hope . . .

Just be glad Sov took the initiative to get Rene's attention.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Zero if it makes you feel better I honestly hate tall people. Because I can't see over them when they sit down and their limbs are so long they're always accidentally hitting me and stuff.

And because I can't play basketball.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Ripple and Oreo are literally driving right through Brownsburg on the way to cinci so I was planning on riding with them. There's space in his car for 2 more too. (xero/ducky?)

Also I am really impressed we're actually planning things out 2 weeks before the tournament.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I would honestly prefer to give people rides to gas is easier, by the way.

It's not like we've ever been disorganized. It's just usually easy for us to get stuff planned. Two day events take a bit more finesse

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I assume I'm riding with somebody who is going through Indy. Composer or Ren or whoever. Doesn't matter to me, I just wanna make sure everybody can get there.

Also my number will be PMed to you shortly Hades.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Joey was an Olimar main for a good while. Before he started swapping characters like crazy. There were a few that didn't play as much and a lot of people that had him as a secondary.

Top Bottom