• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for anything. Tournaments/smashfests or whatever. Make sure the Indy guys know too though, since they're the closest people outside of other Muncie guys.

It looks like I will be pretty free this school year.
Xero is doing stuff, i dont believe it

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, no one here knows who I am since I've never posted here. I don't expect I'll continue to post often either, but I guess you never know.

Anyway, I've been playing brawl semi-competitively with my friends for a few years (One is active on this site, although I don't think I'll mention a username). Anyway, in a few weeks I'm going to college at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology in Terra Haute. I kind of want to continue playing smash in college, so I was just wondering what kind of smash community there is in that area.
There are like 2 people here who would even consider playing smash, but we have moved on to better games mostly

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
So, I'm leaving home to go to Notre Dame. Gonna be living in South Bend for like the next 4 years. I'm down for Smash (especially Melee) any time, but I'll be immobile (no car for first year).

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
So, I'm leaving home to go to Notre Dame. Gonna be living in South Bend for like the next 4 years. I'm down for Smash (especially Melee) any time, but I'll be immobile (no car for first year).
Nice! I work there on certain weekends... if you're ever at a volleyball game, you'll be hearing my voice throughout Purcell Pavilion! South Bend is good grounds for Melee players and ND has had awesome Melee players in the past as well, so take a good gander around!

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Yo, play with this guy. He's pretty legit. Keep him in top melee shape so when he comes back he can take away the crown of best Louisianian. :D

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If anybody here within two hours of me (so Indy guys too) has any plans to go to tournaments anytime in the month of september that isn't School is in Session, they should inform me because I would like to ride with them.

I believe Braxton is going to SiiS, so I will probably just ride with him on that one.

wangston

Smash Lord
so i will be home on sept 15th........ but will be busy doing family stuff for a week or soo but after that we should get a tourney togother or smashfest. I down with hosting smashfest ever fridaynight until saturday when there are no tourneys. Been looking in to sf4, think I'm going to buy it and start playing looks way fun.

the smashfest could be a training session or a regualar thing. I've not played in 2 years so I'm down for smash. but idk maybe my house is to far away for you guys.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
so i will be home on sept 15th........ but will be busy doing family stuff for a week or soo but after that we should get a tourney togother or smashfest. I down with hosting smashfest ever fridaynight until saturday when there are no tourneys. Been looking in to sf4, think I'm going to buy it and start playing looks way fun.

the smashfest could be a training session or a regualar thing. I've not played in 2 years so I'm down for smash. but idk maybe my house is to far away for you guys.
Hey if you have Skype, get on their and add me and I'll add you to the chat.

candlejackexcel

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
~_~

Someone help me get with the biggest influences in IL, WI, OH, and KY regions @_@ I want to hold another tournament at Purdue, and it's like, 2 and a half hours out from Chicago, give or take. Click here.

Last time 7 people showed, so I want to make it and I wanna make it good this time. I am sure I can ask around about getting food and stuff wherever I host it. We got a budget even at Hilltop, maybe they can help get us some free pizza/drinks?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Probably more than Indy will ever have. XP I wouldnt know.

I mean look at Arty. Are there ambitious people like him making more MW tournaments like this lately? That's what I'm talkin about.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
~_~

Someone help me get with the biggest influences in IL, WI, OH, and KY regions @_@ I want to hold another tournament at Purdue, and it's like, 2 and a half hours out from Chicago, give or take. Click here.

Last time 7 people showed, so I want to make it and I wanna make it good this time. I am sure I can ask around about getting food and stuff wherever I host it. We got a budget even at Hilltop, maybe they can help get us some free pizza/drinks?
Krys, I will do my best to make it this time provided it is on an accessible date. I'll bring Ducky too. Purdue is only like 2 hours away so it isn't that bad. And if Huntington makes it, that means anybody in the world should be able to.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You do not even understand. Huntington is the most inconveniently placed location for anything related to anything in the world.

Plus we have to get through the void to get out of this damn town. Which means we have to go through more work than anybody else to do anything.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I mean look at Arty. Are there ambitious people like him making more MW tournaments like this lately? That's what I'm talkin about.
I really want to get back into hosting tournaments, but it's gonna be hard to follow up Arty. Although Oro and Zwarm are out here too and I know they assisted him. If you want some help though, I'm up for helping ya out. It just depends on my schedule...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
We talkin about Vamp yet here?

But yeah I want as much support as I can get, all I can tell you to do really is tell everyone in your area that you know that a Purdue tournament is coming up and people should carpool out for it. I would love to see hunington, as much of KY as possible, people from IL, and people from WI since they can make it to a semi-medium sized tourney in chicago, they can make it a big event (I HOPE!) in Lafayette :D

Suggestions for a date would be great too, I'm apparently not that good at it because I scheduled it before WHOBO and after Hael's tourney I think last time.

PUBlicity~2, get at it!
(Purdue University Brawl)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Vamp just had a nice house, he never really ran tournaments.

I'll talk to who I know? I dunno, I can't convince people to come to bloomington, much less West Lafayette.
As for a date, I know a bunch of people wanted me to have a BBQ smashfest thing in September, though I don't have a date for it yet. Check the Tournament Calender! It works now!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well like, 3 guys from Huntington want to make it (one of them being me), and the farthest we can make it is Indy, so I was hoping we could secure some spots with somebody.

I like planning. Unlike everyone else in this state. D:<

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I think Sov does check this thread though so we might be able to get somewhere.

I'll bug hades on skype about it. If anything we might all be able to meet up somewhere in Indy and work out rides that way

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Sov has drill that day so he can't go for the tourney. (though i think he's showing up late to hang out and have friendlies)

I'd like to go but still don't have my license. I haven't really talked to count about it, but I'll leave him a message on skype asking, but he probably won't know till last minute if he'll have time.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I have my license but no car. :/ Pretty inconvenient lol. Also Hades I need to play you in MvC3.

I forgot to mention this, but we would probably need housing in Indy or whatever the night before the tournament. Also, it being a two-day tournament really sucks because hotel fees unless you guys know of free housing.

Seriously screw 2 day tournaments in the school year.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Then we shall go; As two dangerous Thieves of Hearts.

I could get a bigger car to help with getting people there, but I'd be able to hold 5 at most. Ideally we need a second car/driver (or one less Huntington if Hades wants to go)

Top Bottom