• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

InDDDestructible: A King DDD Meta-GamePlay Video*POSTPONED*

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Coming SOON!
Postponed until sometime around 3/8/10!!!

This is gonna include a faster play style for king ddd, as well as some other tricks, including a new control format I believe all DDD players should adopt.

I'll be updating this thread with a new tip/spoiler each week my video is not out.

Estimated release time: 2 weeks.

2/6/10 Tip Number One:
C-STICK ATTACK!

DDD has no reason to keep smashes on the cstick, they're not fast, spammable, and half the time u do his fsmash/dsmash, u end up charging it for some mind game or another.
His tilts are amazing, every one. Fast and quick, why limit them cuz "I wasn't slightly holding up right now so i couldn't utilt when i wanted" or, "im not facing them so i can't dtilt AS fast..."
That's just one hint that gets applied to my game now. And the video will display just how much it affects it.

-this post reserved for video-
SPOILER ALERT!!!! Do not read the lower half of this post if you don't want certain things about the video to be spoiled!!!

2/15/10 Spoiler Number One:
MUSIC!

The following are links to the 3 songs I'm gonna be currently using in the video.

DO NOT click the links if you want to wait for the video and be surprised.

Song one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSF2i0rU_Q8 (I will be using a shorter, personally edited version of this song)

Song two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMk-t5YvuFg (its not the whole song but good enough)

Song three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT9-weGnnis

Hope you've enjoyed it!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This thread reminded me of the horrible, horrible SFIV intro theme.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I seriously... cant wait everytime you make a thread I get hyped

∫unk

Smash Master
It's not worth it because if you bffer too early you jump (as opposed to nothing with regular controls) although this can be circumvented with timing the worst thing is you can't standing pivot grab with c-stick set to attack

∫unk

Smash Master
to standing pivot grab i use analog away + Z + c-stick towards opponent

how do you do a standing pivot grab otherwise?

i have x set to grab here mostly because the infinite is legal here and my finger doesn't get cramped hitting x a bunch of times instead of z >_>

∫unk

Smash Master
i dont think it's even possible to do a true standing pivot grab without the c-stick it requires two seperate analog inputs in opposite directions and if you try to replicate that with just the analog you get a dash grab in the direction you were facing

you can do like a one dash step pivot grab but that's not the same thing, and usually not as effective if you think about normal spacing situations

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i keep hitting my c stick at an angle and it causes me to nair. this could take some getting used to. i also have to get used to that too early buffer jump thing. still dunno if im gunna use an a-stick or not

Tmacc

Smash Lord
2/6/10 Tip Number One:
C-STICK ATTACK!
Off to test now! :D
Can't wait till this vid is done!

And I standing pivot grab without C-stick as well, I just push back quickly...

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i keep hitting my c stick at an angle and it causes me to nair. this could take some getting used to. i also have to get used to that too early buffer jump thing. still dunno if im gunna use an a-stick or not
That's correct...if you diagonally tilt the c-stick, you get a neutral air.
I don't know why the input for jump comes in but, it doesn't input jump every time I buffer it. So we should try to learn the timing of buffering the c-stick so we won't jump.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the "accidental" jump is only accidental because of ones own technical INability.

the thing that gets me most with this isn't the jump thing, well kind of, its that it has times where the c-stick CHOOSES not to momentum cancel, i guess cuz its then reading the jump option, which doesnt stop momentum like bair does.

i think i can solve this by getting used to using A to bair momentum cancel, rather than c-stick..

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
Seibrik coming out with something new!?! I will hold my breath that it will both come out at the time that he has said and be so ground breaking that all Dedede's will tremble before this new play style! Im gonna go tell everyone that Seibriks new vid will rock all of smash!! Also, trolling.

But seriously, glad to see you still giving the Dedede community some lovin Seibrik. You come out with more stuff for Dedede than anyone, it seems, and you don't even main him. Also nice MMs against Ally :p

Tekk

Smash Lord
I used to play with my tilts on the C stick, but I stopped because it made me doing tap jumps for no reason instead of dtilt/ftilt.

Can't wait for the video !:)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'm changing the type of video, while still a video including combos, the focus is going to be to hopefully enhance the metagame and gameplay of ddd's everywhere....

as such i'm calling this

A Meta-GamePlay Video

hope that aint too cheesy, i just think it's the best way to describe it.

that was NOT a hint/spoiler of the video, just a quick update.

Expect a hint/spoiler tomorrow afternoon. :)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh god why do I feel a letdown coming?

I'm not getting hyped by this, really. Don't need another DASC bull**** happening due to hypes...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the difference is i didn't hype dasc cuz i knew it was nothing rediculous

and im not exactly super hyping this, i just think its gonna be the most helpful thing to happen around here in a while.

Jupz

Smash Master
That's for sure. Why do you guys put down seibriks attempts to help the community? God knows hes done a ****load more then anyone else lol. I really appreciate all the work your doing seibrik, even if you don't main Dedede :) .

I'm really interested with whats going to be in the video.

A-stick is alright, but the only problem is, if you buffer an attack with the A-stick it jumps instead of attacks. So if you use A + direction to buffer things its good. It basically lets you do tilts faster on reaction. Also, if you try and ftilt the opposite way you will jab.

Top Bottom