• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Why do you main Jigg if you don't think you can win with her?

I sub jiggs for the sheik match up. I thought I might learn stuff by stopping here. All I've found out so far is you guys lose a lot. :(

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not that hard to win with jiggs. It just involves being (much)better than your opponent. But luckily, many do not know the matchup as far as I've seen, so it's been pretty easy.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Like dead up I'll admit You shouldn't be beating MKs or Marths with jiggs. I think if you are they aren't using their characters correctly. But man... I really hate these kinds of defeated communities... almost as much as I hate zelda.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I did beat a marth when I had trouble dealing with him with my main in a match at halberd, but I don't really use jiggs in tournaments.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Marth shouldn't have openings big enough for jiggs to fit though. on those rare occasions he does you shouldn't really get a follow up.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It's all about reading and reacting to your opponent. You can always find an opening. No character is unbeatable.
I lost pretty badly to Dannykat and Sagemoon, and I couldn't really find any openings.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
I think people should play the character they enjoy the most. Regardless if they win or not.

Besides, you're likely to win if you continue to play and get better.

Edit:

Why do you main Jigg if you don't think you can win with her?

I sub jiggs for the sheik match up. I thought I might learn stuff by stopping here. All I've found out so far is you guys lose a lot. :(
I'm going to copy something I said in my introduction thread:

A little background information: I've been playing Jigglypuff since the first SSB game. In the first game I mainly used Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff was my least favorite). In Melee, I discovered my enjoyment playing as Jigglypuff and mained it as well as Shiek (I even won a small tournament on campus at another school playing as Jigglypuff). I've been recently playing Brawl at a friend's room due to the fact that I don't have a Wii or the game itself. I just started playing Brawl six weeks ago and though I was greatly dismayed at how nerfed it has become, I've been getting better and more optimistic, being able to adapt to the changes. So much so that two weeks ago, in a tournament that had a little over 100 players, I made it to the finals and the top 16 as the only Jigglypuff Player.

With that said, I sadly do not play Brawl too much because of college and because my friend can only let me in his room when he has the time to play. So I can't play online matches with any of you as much as I would love to.

So why do I enjoy Jigglypuff? I honestly didn't know at first, but I remember in Melee how surprised people were at how well I played. They thought that the character was awful and I became somewhat of an underdog. When I play Brawl and I'm able to win against a good opponent, I get that same feeling, and that's why I guess I enjoy Jigglypuff.

That's it from my "Hello" thread.

If you want tips and tricks about Jigglypuff, I suggest looking at these two videos for a good run down on basics and more detailed tips:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7PhdDyMSOM

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DTsUsMkeM

By the way, those six weeks I played off and on, had a lot of hours stacked on them (usually a good 8 to 10 hours a week at most). So while I've only been playing Brawl for a short time, all I've had to do was adjust myself from playing differently than what I did in Melee. Also, the tournament wasn't a low-tier tournament. It involved all characters (except for Meta Knight which was the only character banned).

Least to say, I still have much room for improvement in terms of playing.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol. that stuff is all part of the I already know; thanks though. Jiggy is disgustingly good but strong counters in MK and Marth and D3 to a lesser extent make soloing her though a tourney very difficult.

You can wait for errors all game, but relying on your opponent making mistakes won't get you far against players who don't make those errors. Disjointed hit boxes wreck jiggy espeacially low lag low start up ones. Jiggs can **** anything else though.

artifact

Smash Cadet
jiggs is severlely underated. yes she has her flaws and yes she gets owned by alot of guys but she can def. hold her own and IMO has an advantage over several high tier characters. No, im not saying she should be top tier, but she is underated.

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
Sorry, <3, maybe in the future I can come up with other tips (hopefully my own) that are new to you.

A good Jigglypuff can hold it's own against all of the characters. You may not have the best chances in the world of winning but what wins in the end usually comes down to skill.

In the tournament that I was involved in, I lost to a player who played Falco. He did make the statement that he has a friend who plays Jigglypuff so he knew how to counter it. Otherwise, he said, "You would have killed me." Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But it was an awesome last battle.

People need to give Jigglypuff more of a chance. I agree that it's very underrated, but part of that makes the appeal of Jigglypuff stronger. I like to play as an underdog, you know?

Edit: I'd also like the chance to play against other Jigglypuff players (when and if I get a Wii of my own). It'd be nice to see what others have to show as Jigglypuff since I'm quiet sure that I could learn from them.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Whatever happened to the time when people mained Jigglypuff because she was their favorite pokemon in the first series? None of this underrated crap!

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
Whatever happened to the time when people mained Jigglypuff because she was their favorite pokemon in the first series? None of this underrated crap!
That's what made me start using Jigglypuff, though. I never would have even thought to try Jigglypuff if I didn't like the pokemon. She was one of my favorite characters in the series thanks to her silly way of drawing on the people who fell asleep when she sung.

Edit: Believe me, if Jigglypuff wasn't underrated in some point in time, I still would main Jigglypuff. :D

highfive

Smash Lord
I always thought her drawing on people was pretty epic. I think I main her since her play style is pretty odd but works.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
My favorites are:
Typhlosion
Squirtle
Charmander
Gengar
Slowpoke
Lickitung
Cyndaquil
Ditto
Jigglypuff
Lugia
Noobicidal

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Omg I'm so sorry. I was beating up on random taunt parties.
PLAY ME LATER OR SOMETHING WE NEVER SLEEP ANYWAY.

Top Bottom