• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If you want activity, don't come to the Jiggs boards!: Jigglypuff social thread.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
If you actually are playing competitively, switch games or pick up a real character. She's not even good for low tier tourneys (poor matchups overall).
If I'm going to play competively, I'm going to use a character I actually have fun with dangit. BTW if i saw correctly G-reg is in winner's finals with puff in SWF Low Tier Tourney and VaNz only lost to G-reg ;o

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
I hear people call Jiggly crap behind my back at tournaments, but they don't really know her. Is all this superfluous hate the reason for being unlikeable? I can understand the opinions from longtime Jigg mains, but are most haters yes-men?

highfive

Smash Lord
I hear people call Jiggly crap behind my back at tournaments, but they don't really know her. Is all this superfluous hate the reason for being unlikeable? I can understand the opinions from longtime Jigg mains, but are most haters yes-men?
Don't think too hard. J-puff just sucks. Not much to her but still fun to play as.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Good things come to those who wait.... except everyone else gets the good stuff without waiting.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
mehhhh, all we can do is sit and wait until people come crawling back to jiggz' untapped potential.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Your *** will be covered in bed sores. Remember to turn over at least once a week.
Will do, sir. In the meantime, I'll be experimenting with many deadly techniques to potentially nullify all of her bad matchups.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Will do, sir. In the meantime, I'll be experimenting with many deadly techniques to potentially nullify all of her bad matchups.
I'll bite.

If you really have something useful to share with the class, PM me if you need any help getting it tested and whatnot.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Well for starters, I dont see a lot of footstool drillresting like scarytoy's video demonstrates

Popertop

Smash Champion
and platform tricks/jab locks are super easy to set up and perform

I got my first rest OoS in a looooong while today, it was pretty satisfying

I just love jiggs so much

highfive

Smash Lord
footstool Drillresting just isn't practical. You have to have an opponent standing completely still in order to pull it off. So that means extreme ending lag or broken shield. And really, who would use an extreme ending lag attack? And puff breaking a shield is pretty rare.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
And puff breaking a shield is pretty rare.
It's only rare due to Puff not being able to capitalize on shield breaks as well as other characters, which keeps people from exploiting some of her ridiculous shield damage moves. For instance, full hop dair to reverse Pound breaks a shield. Two Pounds (assuming the opponent is blind) breaks a shield as well.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Ehhhh.... I'd go for a fully charged Fsmash or DrillRest

new idea: Uptaunting at random moments for mindgame advantage

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Has anyone done any work with knocking them off a platform and resting them in the tumble they go into?

I'd also be willing to test things.

Popertop

Smash Champion
yeah it works I did it on sonic this one time, he didn't up b he probably could have gotten out

if they don't react fast enough(most people don't) then its like a jablock into dsmash/fsmash at the edge
or rest if they are at kill percent

if they are prepared you can jump or up-b out, depending on how fast their up b is

Top Bottom