• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

g-regulate

Smash Hero
no ones saying brawl plus is better than melee, i agree with you it is just an easier melee (with more characters/stages)

Brawl + is like someone thought "oh, lets take brawl and make it faster, more combo-dependent and less gay"

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'd probably be less harsh on brawl+ if it weren't run by people no one has ever heard of. If at least amazing people ran it and told what changes should be made then it could be a good competitive game where the scrubs are separated from people who are actually legit.... but barely any pros play it and a lot of people I see running it sucked in brawl :urg:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'd probably be less harsh on brawl+ if it weren't run by people no one has ever heard of. If at least amazing people ran it and told what changes should be made then it could be a good competitive game where the scrubs are separated from people who are actually legit.... but barely any pros play it and a lot of people I see running it sucked in brawl :urg:
I fail to see how those reasons have ANYTHING to do with liking the game and the game being awesome. What does "being good at smash" have anything to do with hacking and balancing the game? SO WHAT if the people who play brawl plus suck at brawl, and probably dropped the game because of it? I'd say most of them suck at brawl because they are unable to camp for whatever reason, a problem that brawl plus does NOT have. in Brawl plus, EVERY character is viable, and anything even remotely broken is usually fixed or changed immediately. All I saw in your post was "the people who make brawl plus are nobodies, so they can't make a good competitive game, and the players are crappy brawl players who quit cause they suck, and good players don't play it.... so i dont like it"

Brawl pros don't actively seek brawl plus tournaments, why would you when you are already winning brawl tournaments? The brawl plus tournaments I've been to were dominated by the better players and scrubs got *****, as usual. Ally, arguably brawl's best player, got 1st in brawl plus, despite never playing the game. Chu is also really good at brawl plus. M2K isn't bad either.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I fail to see how those reasons have ANYTHING to do with liking the game and the game being awesome. What does "being good at smash" have anything to do with hacking and balancing the game? SO WHAT if the people who play brawl plus suck at brawl, and probably dropped the game because of it? I'd say most of them suck at brawl because they are unable to camp for whatever reason, a problem that brawl plus does NOT have. in Brawl plus, EVERY character is viable, and anything even remotely broken is usually fixed or changed immediately. All I saw in your post was "the people who make brawl plus are nobodies, so they can't make a good competitive game, and the players are crappy brawl players who quit cause they suck, and good players don't play it.... so i dont like it"

Brawl pros don't actively seek brawl plus tournaments, why would you when you are already winning brawl tournaments? The brawl plus tournaments I've been to were dominated by the better players and scrubs got *****, as usual. Ally, arguably brawl's best player, got 1st in brawl plus, despite never playing the game. Chu is also really good at brawl plus. M2K isn't bad either.
This statement contradicts itself in so many ways xD

g-regulate

Smash Hero
care to be more specific? im sure i had more than just 1 statement in the 2 paragraphs i wrote.

"the people who make brawl plus are nobodies, so they can't make a good competitive game, and the players are crappy brawl players who quit cause they suck, and good players don't play it.... so i dont like it"

thats what i got from your post. if the above statement is accurate to how you feel, then we dont have to argue. just wanted to make sure i understood your logic for not liking brawl plus.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Brawl is better than brawl+. Brawl+ is like someone thought "oh, let's take melee and make it slower and easier!"
Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl in my opinion should not be played competitively.

Who seriously thinks Brawl bad enough to make people prefer a moded version?

If you don't like it, play Melee. What is it missing that does not fulfil you're needs, WiFi?

Metatitan

Smash Master
A lot of brawl+ people are people who were simply sick of generic stuff that made brawl "gay". Simply put, melee had a bunch of bull**** also but they picked on brawl because it isn't as fun as melee. And brawl+ isn't nearly as fun as melee either because it's built on a whim too much. Take a look at mk. They nerfed him like there was no tomorrow and nerfed generic things people complain about- down smash, tornado, and shuttle loop. Now take a look on the popular vote of mk, most people see him as broken but not as nearly as before. Brawl has 3 top characters who don't seem to have too much of an advantage on each other and don't have many (if any) bad matchups at all, and that really sounds a lot like melee's balance.

Brawl+ changes nightly- that's too often. How are people going to master a character if that character and the opponents you have to adjust to are continually changing? People get good because they learn to live with a character's flaws and try and work around them. Brawl+ doesn't give the opportunity for this.

Brawl+ is also, simply put, too easy. The combination of floatiness (yes I know its less floaty than brawl but compared to melee it still is floaty) and hitstun makes it too easy to read people and the size of characters compared to stages makes it too easy to kill them. Brawl wasn't meant to have hitstun

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm against BBrawl because the people running it are idiots.

They nerfed Snake's (already hideous) Jab rather then a super-nerf on his Utilt... you know... nerfing dair, nair, dtilt, ftilt, bair, uair, grenades, c4, or mines would have been a brighter idea. I mean.. nair and dair KO really really (earlier then Jab IIRC. I at least know dair does..) and do a whopping 29% each.... yet a Jab that should never be hitting is broken?

/main beef with BBrawl. I'm sure if I bothered to look at other characters I'd laugh my *** off as well.

Wait.. was it BBrawl or Brawl+ that made Yoshi's fair give a DK side-B effect? That's just... laughable....

Now Brawl+ truly isn't -horribad-. It's just laughable as a competitive scene.

Seriously, what M said.

"Play Melee"

Flayl

Smash Hero
They broke their own rules for Luigi's fireball yet didn't do anything to Bowser's huge startup on firebreath.

Not to mention the changes they did to Bowser didn't affect his matchups in any shape or form, it just allows him to do ONE PERCENT more damage per hit. He is still camped as bad, he is still juggled as bad (making DAir more powerful doesn't change the fact it has no range and comes out frame 14) and his recovery is still mediocre (yet Ike got his recovery buffed).

When you think why Bowser is low tier, do you think "it's because fortress deals 1% less than it should"?

Basically the fundamental problem that BBrawl has is that it will never achieve it's goal, unless they decide to break their own (stupid) rules more often.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Bbrawl people nerf the wrong things and buff the wrong things. They have the right idea in mind but they do everything so stupidly that I just facepalm and wish someone would make changes that would make people respect a Modded brawl

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The changes to DDD is getting rid of his chaingrab.
I understand the infinite, but the chaingrab itself does not hurt charecters that bad. The charecters who are hurt from the chaingrab are because they lack a way to get keepthemselves safely out of it, or because they are easily gimped. Much of those problems were already fixed by the buffs to the other charecters, meanwhile, all of D3s previous 35:65 matchups are left as is, and D3 was given no tools to help this. There response was learn to tech chase, and downthrow at the edge to throw em low. I responded how if that were useful, we'd see Melee foxes and Falco's downthrowing at edges to send players to their doom much more often, to which they responded by disagreeing politly. I expressed my conern many times, only to have it said that the chaingrab was to be removed because it made stages nonviable. I stopped trying to convience them after this.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think they wanted to nerf stitchface.... as if it hadnt been nerfed from melee enough. Point being, the makers of bbrawl actually don't listen to your suggestions and the makers of brawl+ are stuck in a fantasy world where brawl is horrible and their creation is like the next melee =/

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Bomb-omb aren't even broken though.
They have a self timer that lasts about 8 seconds until it explodes whether you throw it or not. Just plank on the ledge the whole time :ohwell:

Edit: I haven't had the chance to play BBrawl yet though.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Even then, I'd rathers play Melee.

I only play Brawl at tourneys/at smashfests with my friends who go to tourneys if they don't want to play Melee.

I also can't play competitive Melee yet because I still.... suck. :D I wouldn't win. lol (no "I main Mewtwo johns") but I'm getting there.

Protip:
I've played Brawl maybe 2 times in the past month or so. Yet the 2nd time, I was better then the 1st... and they were 3 weeks apart... hmm..

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Protip: Tech skill does in no way change the fundamentals of Yomi.
Id write up a better explanation, but typing on Wii is a pain.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I don't use Brawl+, I just reap the benefits of funny textures and personal music on my stages. :3

Everything else can burn in hell, I'd rathers play Melee.
i just use the textures too, and i don't play melee anymore cause no one else around me wants to, and i'd have to relearn the GC controller....

g-regulate

Smash Hero
meta just answer my simple question,

Do you not like Brawl plus because......

-game is made by "nobodies"
-good people dont play it
-players who play it sucked at brawl, and quit for brawl +
-game updates "nightly"

just agree that you don't like the game for reasons other than the actual game itself (besides "game/combos are too easy), and ill stop arguing. keep in mind ive already agreed that brawl + isn't as fun as melee.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I've played brawl+. I even gave it a chance hoping it'd be good. It sucked. I gave my explanations as to why it wasn't good. Besides if something was really that fun (as brawl+ people claim it to be), people probably would quit brawl for new, more fun game (besides it's available for wiis without homebrew now so what's stopping it?).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i dont get how a version of brawl, with nearly everything bad about brawl TAKEN OUT, is somehow a bad game. if brawl was released in march 2008, and it turned out to be exactly like the lastest version of brawl plus, the competitive scene would be AMAZING and the game would simply be less campy, more fair, and more fun. the difficulty of doing combos is irrelevant, just because "combos are easy" doesnt mean you can just go to tournaments and **** everyone. everyone would find the best stuff for every character and the competitive game would evolve.

the reason i think youre wrong is because all the reasons you say you dont like B+ aren't game-related. the reasons are merely about the unpopularity of the game and the people who make/play it, and maybe the inconvenience of downloading hacks. ill agree that they make the game less accessible and less convenient for players, but the game itself isn't "bad" by any standards. anyone who says that it's "worse than regular brawl" is an idiot

Metatitan

Smash Master
They took everything gay out of brawl and introduced their own gay stuff. Remember for awhile how luigi had a 0-death on 90% of the entire cast? Don't even compare it to brawl, brawl+ers don't like to compare the two either. The physics are different, the hitstun is different, and they based things off of melee ideology. Melee wasn't perfect people! You CAN'T create a perfect game because everyone has different opinions! The thing about brawl+ is that they can't just accept that a character can have a bad quality. Hell, they're doing their best to make every bad move in the game good. Why does every move have to have a use? Why not just eliminate every character and make your own roster and get it over with?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
So are you saying that brawl is better because it has bad characters (like jigglypuff) with bad moves that aren't worth using ever? Are you saying that when people purposefully stall/timeout matches and camp mercilessly (see: mk vs falco, etc.) because they KNOW that it's the best option and eliminates any risk, that it is a BETTER game than a game where offensive tactics pay off with kills, and there isn't a metaknight? Simply put, B+ BALANCES the game and REWARDS OFFENSE.

Top Bottom