• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
puff is just BARELY faster than wario, and she's 2nd fastest, in the air.

Tedeth is NOT better than reflex or Loe1.

edit: reflex is better than abadnago and gluttony.

top 2 warios are probably Waymas and Reflex.
Gluttony is close but IMO reflex is better

Osennecho

Smash Ace
puff is just BARELY faster than wario, and she's 2nd fastest, in the air.

Tedeth is NOT better than reflex or Loe1.

edit: reflex is better than abadnago and gluttony.

top 2 warios are probably Waymas and Reflex.
Gluttony is close but IMO reflex is better
I could see that purely because Glut is out of practice as his mom banned him from tournaments iirc.

SoulPech

Smash Master
He plays P:M mostly now.

I had a coworker wondering why I have a girl as my avatar pic, then proceeded to say it was creepy that I do.....

>.>;;

**** him.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Knew a girl who played with the guy pokemon character avatar for black and white. Commented on it once to her. Her reply was something along the lines of: Of course I do. I'd much rather look at a guy avatar for hours on end than a girl. Rather I find it weird that you'd pick to watch/keep seeing a guy.
And now I'm always mind F'd over which to pick for these things.

On a completely different note. F set-builder notation and all the math/STAT/Calc that utilizes it. Teaching myself this stuff is making my head hurt.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Knew a girl who played with the guy pokemon character avatar for black and white. Commented on it once to her. Her reply was something along the lines of: Of course I do. I'd much rather look at a guy avatar for hours on end than a girl. Rather I find it weird that you'd pick to watch/keep seeing a guy.
And now I'm always mind F'd over which to pick for these things.

Ive always pick the Girl because Im actually a girl at heart. That and if I was legit a girl Id probably be a lesbian.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol If I didnt change my avatar this morning then I would be an exception.

Unless you added Fat Man with a Beer Keg to the list, then I would.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
And Jigglypuff may have the 2nd best air speed, Wario has the best aerial acceleration by far. And Jigg's drift speed is slightly faster than her run speed.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I spoke w/ Mister Eric about this one. He feels it's -1 just the fact that ROB can rack up damage, but can't kill very well against Puff. Not to mention, ROB is very huge and can bair chain and can kill ROB around 130+ with a fresh fair. I feel it's -2 but oh well. Not complaining :yeahboi:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
The problem with ROB though is that we can't kill him easily either.
I don't really know how you guys usually analyse it, but i've been playing with an experienced ROB and i would say i could agree that Jigglypuff can go at him cuz you can go around his air game.
But, i've also been playing against a scrubby ROB (no matter how i seem to try and mindgame him, it's as if he didn't care and just wants to bash at me) and strangely, he's doing everything that a Jiggs player wouldnt want to deal with.
I'm probably just bad at this game, or maybe i simply can't do decision-making well even after all this time. But this guy was really stubborn, and there was something in his playstyle where i felt i just couldn't do anything against it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've played Chibo a couple of times in the Jiggs ROB matchup. Unless Jiggs wants to kill ROB at a late % she does need to do that bair combo into fair to kill him early. Also, playing air game with him can be dangerous because of that nair of his. I die too many times to that move because I traded with it or just flat out lost to it.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I've played Chibo
Yes you've played basically anyone remotely good to godlike I could play with Puff and taught them the matchup cuz I'm near Phili. I blame you for this <_<... My Puff can't hack replacing you/win higher level games even if I do use the Dapuf tag. Been using that tag as long as I can remember playing brawl lol. First time I lose to anyone they are always like: Good Jigglypuff but I have DaPuffster experience.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yes you've played basically anyone remotely good to godlike I could play with Puff and taught them the matchup cuz I'm near Phili. I blame you for this <_<... My Puff can't hack replacing you/win higher level games even if I do use the Dapuf tag. Been using that tag as long as I can remember playing brawl lol. First time I lose to anyone they are always like: Good Jigglypuff but I have DaPuffster experience.
Pff haha I'm actually flattered. Yeah I've played so many people in the philly area since the beginning of brawl and during the Melee era as well. Guys like Vex, Chibo, Xzax, Kingtoon, M2k, Salem, Inui, Atomsk, Dark Peach, ect. Thats just from the top of my head, all of dem guys have Jiggs experience because of me haha.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I guess its just kind of like, when you think about Jigglypuff in Brawl. Who's the first Jigglypuff player to come to mind? Oh, how about the guy that has his name based off of Jigglypuff and has been playing Jigglypuff in tournament since 05. I just simply got my name out there into the smash community and also happen to play Jigglypuff very well. It's not surprising if somebody comments that a Jigglypuff player plays like me because there isn't much Jigglypuff can do differently when it comes to strategy.

I mean, watch this video and listen to what the commentators say about me. www.youtube.com/watch?v=6My7pKnUuaY#t=48s

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Yah... That pretty much sums it up... She's too limited. It still pisses me off at times. At first I liked it but then it was like yah... About that... Can't say I hate having my play compared to yours but I no longer like it either. Well actually it's probably both. Love&hate.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Are you talking about the beginning? You are known that you did 2-stock M2k almost 2 years ago.

They don't know about me yet :yeahboi:. I'm just screwing around.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
What does Jigglypuff even do in game? She jumps around with arieal attacks, goes for those f-air kills, does drill to rest when its absolutely needed to win, air camps, dacus, and does a rollout shenanigan every once in a blue moon.

She doesn't do much other than that and people will just say its my style, since I'm probably the most well known Jigglypuff player.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
You are salty lol. Dude I already said earlier in this thread pages back your Puff is better so I'll just refresh your memory of that for when I'm sarcastic later.

I'm a pseudo random who took 2 stocks from Zero in one match with Puff while he learned the matchup. Our other 2 matches got interrupted for tournament purposes. (Taken at least one stock from various others to/never been 3 stocked as Puff at a tournament). My Puff is declining recently anyways cuz I'm focusing on my Marf for Sktar so I'm def worse then you with her atm hands down. Might not use her at all in that tournament/pools and only in friendlies/MMs.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Ah. Alright. Just wanted to make sure. You did get super pissy at something someone posted iirc (could have been someone else). Didn't want to end up doing the same. Mostly because this board is fcking hilarious/amazing.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't think I've ever been personally offended by people I don't even know on a forum haha.

But anyway, this simplistic idea of puff's playstyle is one of the reasons she is bottom 3 on the tier list. People pick her on a whim, and then "jump around with aerial attacks, try to KO with fair, go for dair rests, air camp and DACUS", when they lose they blame it on the character instead of themselves.

If people did that with marth, he'd be mid tier. After all, all he does is space with fair and punish with dancing blade, right?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Then it was someone else, you knew them, or you were baiting an argument or something. Doesn't matter though. On a side note... I really hope my Puff doesn't decline to the point I can't beat Raptor in dittos at Sktar...

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Relying on fair to kill is a monumental barrier for Puff. You're right. I got around it by treating it like bair forever (literally was several months) and adjusting to getting kills in other ways and only then weaving the correct use of fair back into my game. Not the best approach, but it worked for me. Also thanks. Don't think I'll get out of pools but that's still my goal anyways.

Top Bottom